Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I recently bought my self a chrome cast and google home for Christmas/birthday (birthday is today)

I renamed the chrome cast  to Cast of The CDN Girl (Canadian wouldn't fit) 

and my google home mini to Static Age (was on a 21CBD theme anyways)

anyone else do this? feel free to share.

(also if this is in the wrong place. I apologize and feel free to move or delete the post) 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

I recently bought my self a chrome cast and google home for Christmas/birthday (birthday is today)

(also if this is in the wrong place. I apologize and feel free to move or delete the post) 

I like that! I also like to use Green Day references when I can. Not as creative as that but my library pin is 1039 lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I appreciate you putting in a spoiler, but when I asked people to stop, I meant it. You guys can send each other a PM and talk all about the things you disagree with.

So I really can’t respond to that beautiful post which called out so many truth about me, and not just good ones and some of the most thoughtful, truthful and intelligent posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

If I am told not to, I will respond in pvt which would be a shame. I was really moved by your deep philosophical thought and posts like that are what keep me coming back here. Was almost all true and some of it was in my face without realizing it. Would love to respond in full. Either way, beautiful post.

@Fuzz, this post was about unity, not disagreements. Read what she wrote. It was completely benign.

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

So I really can’t respond to that beautiful post which called out so many truth about me, and not just good ones and some of the most thoughtful, truthful and intelligent posts I’ve ever read on this forum.

If I am told not to, I will respond in pvt which would be a shame. I was really moved by your deep philosophical thought and posts like that are what keep me coming back here. Was almost all true and some of it was in my face without realizing it. Would love to respond in full. Either way, beautiful post.

@Fuzz, this post was about unity, not disagreements. Read what she wrote. It was completely benign.

Obviously not because the subject is supposed to be dropped now. You're welcome to respond via PM

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Obviously not because the subject is supposed to be dropped now. You're welcome to respond via PM

Which subject is closed Hermione? Cannot I not respond to the myriad of good points and discussions that have nothing to do with Jeff because if you read it, you would see it had a lot more substance and a ton of sociological philosophy that would be a good conversation for some people to have.

Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s fucking awesome that she notices the China label but there is so much actual thickness in that post and you want to push it to the side why? Because of Billie Hoe? Because of Jeff? Fine, those topics are off limits. Much greater subjects came up and responding to that wouldn’t be responding to anything that’s been dropped because she just brought it up.

It’s all so fucking stupid. Am I the only one that’s sees this?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

I need to do this :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LaughingClock said:

I think it’s fucking awesome that she notices the China label

I followed the security guy that was looking with amusement at the tie, like "why does this guy have a tie hanging from his pocket?" :lol:

I know my post was off topic, glad you liked it anyways, maybe you could respond to it in Random Thoughts, or in PM, I don't mind.

Does someone know how did Billie first come up with the tie in his pocket? My mom was asking me the other day and I was like "uh.. I don't know" :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Does someone know how did Billie first come up with the tie in his pocket? My mom was asking me the other day and I was like "uh.. I don't know" :lol:

I believe it’s to do with the handkerchief code.  Though that may have just been a random thing I read somewhere.  A black handkerchief in his right pocket would suggest he is an S&M bottom, which fits with some of the musical catalogue of the band very well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

But someone should ask him about it in an interview :P

Or on an Instagram live 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Fans have made this connection and I'm assuming he must have at least heard of it being from the Bay Area and a worldly guy and that it's most likely where he got the idea from, but he hasn't said anything about it himself. My guess would be it's mostly for aesthetic purposes (makes his bum look good and black goes with his outfits) plus the hanky code connection makes it a bit more cool and subversive, and those are the reasons why he went for the look. But someone should ask him about it in an interview :P

Now that's an interview I'll be keeping! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Fans have made this connection and I'm assuming he must have at least heard of it being from the Bay Area and a worldly guy and that it's most likely where he got the idea from, but he hasn't said anything about it himself. My guess would be it's mostly for aesthetic purposes (makes his bum look good and black goes with his outfits) plus the hanky code connection makes it a bit more cool and subversive, and those are the reasons why he went for the look. But someone should ask him about it in an interview :P. Kind of surprised no one ever randomly has.

Cali also has a lot of gangs and that’s a gang thing as well let’s people know what set they are (crips blood gd etc) Billie seems to not wear any of the gang colors he may know about that

8 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I followed the security guy that was looking with amusement at the tie, like "why does this guy have a tie hanging from his pocket?" :lol:

I know my post was off topic, glad you liked it anyways, maybe you could respond to it in Random Thoughts, or in PM, I don't mind.

This is Random Thoughts therefore not sure how we can go off topic, lol (with the notable dropping of the subject and person that was the problem before but so I guess I’m allowed to comment on this.)

Yeah, I just think it’s amazing that you got that shot and/or found it and it had a “China” label that you noticed. That shit made me LOL. 

I sometimes forget how hardcore you guys are around here in your fandom! I love it. Too funny.

6 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

Cali also has a lot of gangs and that’s a gang thing as well let’s people know what set they are (crips blood gd etc) Billie seems to not wear any of the gang colors he may know about that

Gangsters wear gang bandananas. I’d be highly surprised if it’s been influenced by that. If you wear any bandana in your pocket down near the beach here in LA where there are plenty gangs. more then Oakland, you better know what you’re doing and people that are not in gangs generally don’t wear any color bandana at the beach if you just want to be safe.

Don’t get me wrong, wanna be gangsters wear colors and they get stomped for it. People, in general, in LA anyway, and there are bloods, crips, LA Kings, Outlaws, Hell’s Angels and every other gang on the map, people don’t wear bandanas because it’s a thing. At least not in any circles I’ve seen.

Maybe there was some bandana color code for the punk scene I don’t know about but in general, hanging a kerchief is an independent move in a situation like Billie’s. It’s not common practice in Cali. Not to my knowledge and I’ve lived here since 2005.

Pretty sure it’s just fashion. I suppose the S&M bottom stuff maybe. I’m not into bondage so I don’t know but doesn’t that mean he’s submissive?? Maybe it was once influenced by that and now it’s just his thing.

Maybe after being a king all year, when he gets home he wants someone else to be Queen and he’s the bottom bitch. Haha.  (By the way, that’s a pimp term. I don’t use the word bitch in reality...(I need disclaimers sorry.)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

This is Random Thoughts therefore not sure how we can go off topic, lol (with the notable dropping of the subject and person that was the problem before but so I guess I’m allowed to comment on this.)

Yeah, I just think it’s amazing that you got that shot and/or found it and it had a “China” label that you noticed. That shit made me LOL. 

I sometimes forget how hardcore you guys are around here in your fandom! I love it. Too funny.

Gangsters where gang bandananas. I’d be highly surprised if it’s been influenced by that. If you wear any bandana in your pocket down near the beach here in LA where there are plenty gangs. more then Oakland, you better know what you’re doing and people that are not in gangs generally don’t wear any color bandana at the beach if you just want to be safe.

Don’t get me wrong, wanna be gangsters wear colors and they get stomped for it. People, in general, in LA anyway, and there are bloods, crips, LA Kings, Outlaws, Hell’s Angels and every other gang on the map, people don’t wear bandanas because it’s a thing. At least not in any circles I’ve seen.

Maybe there was some bandana color code for the punk scene I don’t know about but in general, hanging a kerchief is an independent move in a situation like Billie’a. It’s not common practice in Cali. Not to my knowledge and I’ve lived here since 2005.

Pretty sure it’s just fashion. I suppose the S&M Bottom stuff maybe. I’m not into bondage so I don’t know but doesn’t that mean he’s submissive?? Maybe it was once influenced by that and now it’s just his thing.

Maybe after being a king all year, when he gets home he wants someone else to be Queen and he’s the bottom bitch. Haha. 

Oh yeah I wasn’t saying for a fact just as a maybe cause he would been in school during the hey day of gangs schools there went overboard with gang psa’s and such I dunno was just an idea of maybe 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I think this could also be an influence. He definitely thinks being from Oakland is badass and I remember Cometbus mentioning how he dressed a bit like a Latin gang member and had a bike like one when he was younger lol, and Green Day like to make their own motorcycle gang etc. Probably would find wearing something reminiscent of gang culture kind of cool in the same way as wearing something reminiscent of BDSM culture :P. He might also not wear certain bandana colours having grown up when he did. I think it's most likely just because he likes black though haha.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Ngl he's more likely to be a sub than a gangster

THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING :lol: Billie would not make it as a gangster, he's too precious :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

Being a good little poster and removing the image. It was the one that SFS's post above this one.

POTM.  

And to be truthful, knowing Billie, it could easily be.

It's so odd how you guys are really able to make discussions about the most benign things but then I find mysel wondering.  Personally, I was just amazed, and it was a vision into the hardcore fandom of GD,  that she was able to find the china label on it but yeah, it could be both.  Funny but actually possible if he is actually stating something with it and now, the more I think of it, the more I tend to agree with you guys that there must be some meaning to it.  I would find it funny if it's true what I think of being the "bottom", doesn't that mean you are a submissive and you are sort of "owned" by someone.  Maybe it's just a love thing and he tells 80 that she is with him all the time (on tour) or some lovey shit like that.  It would be a nice romantic answer or maybe they are hardcore BDSMs and when they go do their thing, he's all tied up and goes from telling 20,000 people a night what to do and there is this one at home that gets to tell him.  It sort of makes sense.

I am leaning toward SFS's both theory now.  And "Made in China".  Awesome.   Love that most of all.  Fuck Trump and his tariffs.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Second favourite son said:

I believe it’s to do with the handkerchief code.  Though that may have just been a random thing I read somewhere.  A black handkerchief in his right pocket would suggest he is an S&M bottom, which fits with some of the musical catalogue of the band very well.

😳 I'm probably just really innocent but I've never seen anything like that, especially the yellow and brown one. Not to criticize anyone or anything.

6 hours ago, duckez said:

😳 I'm probably just really innocent but I've never seen anything like that, especially the yellow and brown one. Not to criticize anyone or anything.

I think most of us only heard of it because of wondering about the hanky in Billie's pocket :lol:. Was the case for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic