Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

17 hours ago, The Insider said:

I don't think I have ever listened to it just once.  I remember the first time I listened to the leeeeeeeek I immediately played it again & then after witnessing it live in all its glory just reinforced by love for it.

Although I felt the same way with Brutal Love.

Brutal Love is so good live. I agree so hard. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adorkable said:

Spoken by someone that doesn't have fucked up teeth.

I kinda do atm.  Its still hurting.

& you did it - LOVE the username now you need a dork photo to match😍

Somebody shot the baby sitter! 

So I got the urge to.....pick up my guitar tonight.  I played some metallica, social distortion and then Green Day.  "Ashley" is really easy and fun to play and it got me wanting to hear some Trilogy tunes.  Now I've the spotify fired up and I'm having a blast listening to Dos! and all its weirdness! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

Somebody shot the baby sitter! 

So I got the urge to.....pick up my guitar tonight.  I played some metallica, social distortion and then Green Day.  "Ashley" is really easy and fun to play and it got me wanting to hear some Trilogy tunes.  Now I've the spotify fired up and I'm having a blast listening to Dos! and all its weirdness! 

Dos is the only album I have a hard time with and it makes me super sad that I don't enjoy it as much as other people. It's a fun album and I do like some of the songs, but other songs I have a hard time with. It's almost too poppy/weird for me. I really like "Nightlife" but I hate Lady Cobra's vocals in it. I really don't dig it. I think over time I'll warm up to this album more and more, but as of right now, it depresses me that I don't love it as much as everyone else. :( 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Dos is the only album I have a hard time with and it makes me super sad that I don't enjoy it as much as other people. It's a fun album and I do like some of the songs, but other songs I have a hard time with. It's almost too poppy/weird for me. I really like "Nightlife" but I hate Lady Cobra's vocals in it. I really don't dig it. I think over time I'll warm up to this album more and more, but as of right now, it depresses me that I don't love it as much as everyone else. :( 

How do you feel about "Back in the USA", because that's where I'm at now, haha.  I've been digging deep into other musics lately but it's always nice to come back and soak in the awesomeness that is Green Day.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, That Dude said:

How do you feel about "Back in the USA", because that's where I'm at now, haha.  I've been digging deep into other musics lately but it's always nice to come back and soak in the awesomeness that is Green Day.   

I like BITU! It's really good. I like mixing up my music as well, makes Green Day super exciting when it shuffles on my phone!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

There is only a select few that like DOS. 

Tomorrow 9 years ago BJ was bleeding from his anus. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, The Insider said:

There is only a select few that like DOS. 

Tomorrow 9 years ago BJ was bleeding from his anus. 

I usually place it as their 8th best album, surpassing 21st Breakdown, Insomniac, 1039 and Kerplunk.  ;) 

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

Don't worry, I don't think you'll ever be alone feeling that way! :lol: More people like Dos than they used to (especially on GDC) but it's still their most unpopular album. I usually feel very alone loving it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

Don't worry, I don't think you'll ever be alone feeling that way! :lol: More people like Dos than they used to (especially on GDC) but it's still their most unpopular album. I usually feel very alone loving it.

I'm definitely warming up to it but it's not my favorite of theirs by a country mile! :lol:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Hermione said:

My brother just gave me a (very late) birthday present. I was wondering what it would be for weeks and it's a mini Blue guitar in a frame!!! It's so awesome omg

That's so cool!! I'd say it was worth the wait!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

That's so cool!! I'd say it was worth the wait!!! 

Yes! He was like it's never going to live up to the hype now but I assured him it totally does!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

My brother just gave me a (very late) birthday present. I was wondering what it would be for weeks and it's a mini Blue guitar in a frame!!! It's so awesome omg

Cool gift. But where's the picture to share?  :)

2 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

There is nothing like listening to 21st Century Breakdown that can catapult me back into my 14-15 year old self. Suddenly I remember smells I really liked, I'm wearing my brown winter boots, I'm interning at the pet store, I'm meeting up with my friend to write stupid spoof songs on her keyboard, having dumb stupid fun together... that's why this is my favorite album, it makes me so nostalgic and I see it all so vividly before me, I can feel how I felt back then. 

*figuring out I'm actually a baby* 😂 LOL I'm only 20 and I feel like a baby on this site sometimes! 

28 minutes ago, maryjanewhatsername said:

*figuring out I'm actually a baby* 😂 LOL I'm only 20 and I feel like a baby on this site sometimes! 

I'm 23 actually, lol. Not much older than you. I was born in 1995, and I was 14 when 21st CB was released :) 

When I first became a fan I went back and listened to all the albums in order. Some I liked right away others took time to get to know. When I got to 21CB it was a jaw dropping experience for me on first listen. It was the only album I made my husband sit down and listen to as well in its entirety, I had this overwhelming need to share it with someone it was that good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When I first became a fan I went back and listened to all the albums in order. Some I liked right away others took time to get to know. When I got to 21CB it was a jaw dropping experience for me on first listen. It was the only album I made my husband sit down and listen to as well in its entirety, I had this overwhelming need to share it with someone it was that good. 

I agree. When I first started the album run through I instantly fell in love with 21CB. It's flawless. 

• Like 2

I too love 21 CB, I think it’s the last time I dashed out of work and ran up the street to buy the cd! Got into a big row with Warner Bros about their delivery of UNO on release day, really not the same 😂

• Like 1

The release of 21CB was a huge deal for me. I still remember all the tv spots they did and getting so excited to see them as if I was there in person. I skipped class to get my copy. I still remember listening to it and having this feeling of pride. I was so proud of the guys for making a stellar follow up to AI. I still think it's a great album. I'm just sad I never got to see them live during this time. 

• Like 3

I have such a weird relationship with 21st CBD. I lost interest in Green Day a little when American Idiot came out, I was really jaded back then and not into the whole rock opera thing (i've come around on it). 21st actually got me back into GD though, there was a lot of stuff on the album I liked, and some stuff I didn't, like Know Your Enemy... I really wish they'd drop that from their set, it's so boring and repetitive. Anyways, now that almost 10 years have passed (holy crap!), I think that it's my least favorite album. I'm not saying it's a bad album, I just feel like they were trying to push themselves too hard to make a sequel to American Idiot. AI seemed naturally epic and fun, but with 21 it almost like seems like they were forcing it a bit.

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic