Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

It took almost 6 years for something crazy happening.. This song is universally hated and meme in Green Day's subreddit.. But after almost 6 years I've for real actually started to like it..

Welcome to my ''My Favorite Green Day songs'' playlist, Nightlife. This lefts only Wild One and Ashley not being included my playlist from ¡Dos! which is crazy since so many people actually hates the party album. Comparing other trilogy albums, only few selected ones are in that playlist (from ¡Uno!: Nuclear Family, Let Yourself Go, Stay The Night, Kill the DJ and Loss of Control. From ¡Tre!: Brutal Love, Sex, Drugs and Violence, Amanda, Dirty Rotten Bastards and Missing You) so ¡Dos! is by far the best trilogy album and definitely most fun one. Wild One and Ashley aren't bad, they are just not for me (Wild One being way too slow and Ashley being filler).

I'm still kind of amazed how much I love ¡Dos! right now. I mean, I started to like Nightlife for fucks sake. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 4:57 PM, Jane Lannister said:

Good luck!

On 11/3/2018 at 12:23 AM, The Insider said:

That's not a panicked answer imo - its not like it happens to everyone.   Hope you score the job.

On 11/3/2018 at 12:23 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

That's hilarious! I hope you get the job!

I just started a new job yesterday and while I was filling out paperwork, Basket Case came on the radio and I took that as a sign that it was going to be a good job. I hope I'm right!

On 11/3/2018 at 7:58 AM, Goofygoldfish said:

I'd definitely give you the job based on that alone 😂

Thanks for the good luck. Didn't get it sadly, but on the plus side, I probably won't say that again :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/2/2018 at 11:29 AM, solongfromthestars said:

I got asked for two interesting facts about myself in a job interview today. I panicked and said "I've been on stage with Green Day." I don't know what that says about me... it will be interesting to see if I get the job :lol: 

What was the other fact?

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

Thanks for the good luck. Didn't get it sadly, but on the plus side, I probably won't say that again :lol: 

Aww, I'm sorry. :( Here's to hoping the next one is successful! :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

What was the other fact?

"I'm writing a fantasy novel." I probably wouldn't have picked that either if I'd thought about it.

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

"I'm writing a fantasy novel." I probably wouldn't have picked that either if I'd thought about it.

Aww, I’m sorry. I don’t think either of them are necessarily bad answers. They open themselves up to a lot of follow-up questions. I don’t know what I would’ve picked about myself if I was in your position. That’s a really hard question because it’s personal and subjective. 

I guess at least you can use it as a learning experience? :confused:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

Did they say that was why you didn't get the job? 

I did get asked one time at an interview, "Describe your closet to us."  🤔

• Like 1

I randomly thought about the American Idiot movie yesterday.  What is going on with that thing??   That album brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it, but has the time passed?  Will anyone other than hardcore Green Day fans still care if it came out today?  It's been over 14 years since American Idiot.  

At this point, the movie would have to be as well executed as the album, or it would flop!  I don't want something that I'm so passionate about to be into crappy film, but man. I just don't know if any piece of art could top what that album did for me.  

Scary.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

I randomly thought about the American Idiot movie yesterday.  What is going on with that thing??   That album brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it, but has the time passed?  Will anyone other than hardcore Green Day fans still care if it came out today?  It's been over 14 years since American Idiot.  

At this point, the movie would have to be as well executed as the album, or it would flop!  I don't want something that I'm so passionate about to be into crappy film, but man. I just don't know if any piece of art could top what that album did for me.  

Scary.  

I think about what's going on with the movie sometimes too. I still hope Billie will play St. Jimmy like he kept saying he would, but I'm just wondering if he'll even have time with everything else if Green Day is going to start working on a new album, etc. He's also not getting any younger, despite how ageless he appears to be.

• Like 2

who here was around during Nimrod's release? I remember them spouting that Nimrod was basically "like a double album" cause it was "longer and more songs than our previous albums" which looking back is funny to me knowing now they'd go on to make 21st which is basically 80 mins long and then do a 3 album series 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

who here was around during Nimrod's release? I remember them spouting that Nimrod was basically "like a double album" cause it was "longer and more songs than our previous albums" which looking back is funny to me knowing now they'd go on to make 21st which is basically 80 mins long and then do a 3 album series 

I was around! I definitely remember them saying stuff like that in interviews!

• Like 1

Its weird to think how different it was being a Green Day fan between 2000-2003 compared to after American Idiot came out. By 2003 Green Day was pretty much non existent, a year later they were the biggest band on the planet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

were the biggest band on the planet.

I was thinking about this in the context of Live Aid - wondering if Live Aid was when they were the biggest band would they have got a slot.....

2 hours ago, The Insider said:

I was thinking about this in the context of Live Aid - wondering if Live Aid was when they were the biggest band would they have got a slot.....

If it wasn't for American Idiot, no. At least I don't think so. Green Day were pretty much written off as "washed up" until American Idiot came out. Even then, it wasn't really until BOBD came out a single that they became super massive. I remember when The Network album came out and listening to it with my friends and they were BLOWN AWAY that Green Day was still around, and especially that they would do an album like that. Then when AI came out everyone was all "whooooah, Green Day's back".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Insider said:

I can't even remember if GD played any festivals during RevRad era.

NYC and Mexico come to mind

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Insider said:

I can't even remember if GD played any festivals during RevRad era.

They played several festivals in Europe from June to early July, starting with Pinkpop on 4th June to Mad Cool in Spain 7th July, most of the gigs during that period were festivals. They were at Download Festival in France the 11 June (I went there), followed, from memory, by Rockhal in Luxembourg, Lucca and Monza in Italy, Hurricane and Southside in Germany, Belsonic in Belfast and Royal Hospital Kilmainham in Dublin on 28th and 29th June, before Hyde Park on 1st July. I must have forgotten some

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

They played several festivals in Europe from June to early July, starting with Pinkpop on 4th June to Mad Cool in Spain 7th July, most of the gigs during that period were festivals. They were at Download Festival in France the 11 June (I went there), followed, from memory, by Rockhal in Luxembourg, Lucca and Monza in Italy, Hurricane and Southside in Germany, Belsonic in Belfast and Royal Hospital Kilmainham in Dublin on 28th and 29th June, before Hyde Park on 1st July. I must have forgotten some

Novarock in Austria in June

• Thanks 1

I will always regret not going to Hyde Park. The tickets were expensive as fuck but so many bands I love played consecutively and that'll probably never happen again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Bellie said:

Download Australia is naming 12 more bands next week that's what made me think of it.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:03 PM, Montclare said:

I always do this!  That and have Give Me Novacaine playing in my head.

Yes! Almost forgot about GMN 😅

On 11/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, The Insider said:

The intensity is incredible.

Omg, yes! I loved it when they played FN live, all of the emotion and everything. Was one of my favs seeing it live and Billie, Mike and Tre up close last year. ☺️

It would be cool if Green Day made a new FBHT song. I wonder if in Billie's live the other day if that was a new Foxies song... 🤔

• Like 2

On 10/31/2018 at 10:56 AM, jengd said:

I feel your pain.  Have you tried the new Alkaline Trio album, Is This Thing Cursed?  

I've been listening to this album, and while my jury is still out, the title track and "Little Help" instantly grabbed me, thanks for reminding me about the Trio!

I'm going to be checking out Blue October's new one as well.  Gotta love those color-named bands! 

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic