Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

...and with that, Happy Birthday to my presence on GDC 😄 I equally can’t believe it’s been that long already! I actually signed up for info surrounding Band Bang’s release (on the day) and then all about RevRad’s release too. It’s been a great two years guys, here’s to many more!

Congrats on your GDCiversary! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MillenniumFan said:

...and with that, Happy Birthday to my presence on GDC 😄 I equally can’t believe it’s been that long already! I actually signed up for info surrounding Band Bang’s release (on the day) and then all about RevRad’s release too. It’s been a great two years guys, here’s to many more!

Congrats - its good reading your posts 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SHART said:

So much love for JAR atm

I particularly love the live version in Sydney from last year. :wub: And the little laughter Billie had when singing "while I'm young" :P

When I first saw that, I was totally like: "dude, don't laugh, you have more energy and passion than me and I'm more than 2 times less old..." :P. But I love that little laughter anyways, it's adorable.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Disappearing Boy is so underrated. I never see anybody talking about it, but it's one of my favourites from 39/smooth. :wub:

• Like 1

That ''statue'', plus the date 97, 98, reminded me of Prosthetic Wax. I mean, a Prosthetic Head, dressed like a blink-182 band member Lol

PS: Disapp. Boy is my ALL TIME FAVE song!

13 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I particularly love the live version in Sydney from last year. :wub: And the little laughter Billie had when singing "while I'm young" :P

When I first saw that, I was totally like: "dude, don't laugh, you have more energy and passion than me and I'm more than 2 times less old..." :P. But I love that little laughter anyways, it's adorable.

I WAS THERE

😈😎

• Like 3

What's the timeline of Ordinary World?

The opening scene, dated 1995, is supposed to be the time when Perry's band was becoming successful. Then the band went on hiatus because Perry had a daughter. But she's only about 10 years old in 2014 when the rest of the movie takes place.

:confused:

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

The opening scene, dated 1995, is supposed to be the time when Perry's band was becoming successful. Then the band went on hiatus because Perry had a daughter. But she's only about 10 years old in 2014 when the rest of the movie takes place.

I didn't pay that much attention🤣

• Haha 1

Thanks to searching for Green day pictures from last tour and looking up their provenance, my knowledge in geography has improved a lot. I used to suck so much I wouldn't have been able to say in which countries were Belfast, Zurich, Pittsburgh (I would've sworn that was in England :P), Perth, Auckland to mention a few. And I didn't know the names of US cities such as Norfolk, Raleigh, Mansfield, Tampa, Pasadena, Albuquerque, etc. Now not only do I know their names but I know in which state each of them is and the name of the venue Green Day played in each. Looking up pictures from specific gigs helped and also watching footage in which Billie repeatedly screams the name of the city often followed by the state. :wub: Anyways, thanks to Green Day I won't be so ignorant anymore when it comes to geography. Next thing I have to do is locate all these places on a US map :P.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I’m guessing that 1995 was their prime but not when he left the band. They probably continued on, got a record deal, recorded their album and were about to go on tour when he left so that could have been several years later. The album comes out and tanks.  All that happened before he left.  Salome looks to be about 11 or 12 so he would have gotten married and his wife gotten pregnant around 2003 so he would have left seven or eight years after that clip they show. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m guessing that 1995 was their prime but not when he left the band. They probably continued on, got a record deal, recorded their album and were about to go on tour when he left so that could have been several years later. The album comes out and tanks.  All that happened before he left.  Salome looks to be about 11 or 12 so he would have gotten married and his wife gotten pregnant around 2003 so he would have left seven or eight years after that clip they show. 

Seem like the good answer. It's what I think too.

Many things could of have happenned during those 20 years. Like Gary said to Perry, they were ready to release the album and do a massive tour when Perry left. Which means the band did take time to record and plan the tour. So count here atleast a year of preparation before Salomé was born. Also, at the beginning of the movie, the band is presenting each other to the media. It seems like the media didn't know the guys much, like they were at the very beginning of their career.

We need a prequel movie!!!

• Like 4

Thanks - I was more thinking were they ever available at the merchandise stand - I couldn't afford anything at PINK - I wanted the support acts shirt & that was $50😶🙃

• Sad 1

Ahh that I don't know, not recently at least I don't think. If I saw GD socks at a merch stand I'd be all over them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The way Billie is chewing gum and lifting his foot in this video several times is too cute. (Especially 3:04)

• Like 2

Just had a thought hat maybe Green Day could be awarded  the Michael Jackson Van Guard Award at next year's Video Music Awards ( It's MTV's version of a life time award) , Would actually make perfect sense for as Dookie turns 25 next year. And The Dookie - MTV Channel connection is for sure strong 😛.

• Like 2

One year ago, this was happening:

This video, especially the beginning, is still one of the cutest to me. What a good idea to zoom on Billie playing the harmonica. :wub: And as one of the main gigs from last year's final North American leg of the tour (with Oakland and the Rose Bowl), it made me dream a lot, as I couldn't go then, as I did for The Longshot this year, for financial means. Really can't wait for the next GD tour! I'll be happy to waste spend my money on them again! :dance:

• Like 4

On 8/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, Hermione said:

Those dirty looking Warning socks reminded me of when Billie said a guy with a foot fetish sent a letter to his house asking for his dirty socks, and since he was away Adrienne was the one who opened it, and she went straight to the laundry basket and sent the guy a pair, and he wrote back to say thanks. How nice of her :lol: 

Was telling this story necessary :sick:

• Liam unpinned this topic