Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

10 hours ago, Hermione said:

He once outrageously claimed he's 5'8 as well (top of last column in this interview full of great stuff including him also pointing out that Tom Cruise is shorter than him) 

http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/121/1/

Some serious rounding up going on :D 

Thanks, I didn't know this interview!

I like how he isn't even asked about his height and just drags it in the course of his explanations. :lol:

10 hours ago, WhiteTim said:

The best Green Day cover is this

Where do the lyrics come from? he's mixing up BOBD with another song?

10 minutes ago, Kuromignonne said:

All Star by Smash Mouth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuromignonne said:

He’s singing the words to Smash Mouth All Star 

thats all he does on his videos he takes the music from one song and sings All Stars to match like he got one for Smells Like Teen Spirit several Linkin Park songs Adele’s Hello etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh god this is going to get me watching endless All Star videos again

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

He once outrageously claimed he's 5'8 as well (top of last column in this interview full of great stuff including him also pointing out that Tom Cruise is shorter than him) 

http://www.greendayauthority.com/articles/121/1/

Some serious rounding up going on :D 

Haha note he said “about”. Good try though Billie 😂. 

On 1/22/2014 at 6:28 AM, Spike said:

It only really struck me yesterday how incredible the lyrics of Jesus Of Suburbia are. Obviously loads of people love the "home is where the heart is" line, but every single verse speaks to me on some level. For a song with so many lines to be so consistently great lyrically is just mindblowing. There's just so much that seems to get overlooked due to its length. Plus the craftsmanship in putting so many "soundbite" type lines together and making it not seem over the top is admirable.

It really is brilliant. My favorite gd song. it is a poem😀  "to live and no to breathe is to die in tragedy" speaks to me

• Like 1

I've always loved the energy and positivity of this band.  Their music makes me feel good, unlike most industrial and grunge bands whose music just brings me down.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Boots said:

I've always loved the energy and positivity of this band.  Their music makes me feel good, unlike most industrial and grunge bands whose music just brings me down.  

I listen to a lot grunge bands, and it’s funny because they sing about a lot of the same subject matter. But GD far more frequently contrast the dark lyrics with high energy music and that makes all the difference!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Man, I wish they'd bring back Brutal Love live. It's probably my favourite live GD song (alongside Forever Now).

Yes so much. 

• Like 2

I joined GDA the day before Stop, Drop and Roll came out.  

What was this place like before then?  Pretty lame without THIS poetry, I imagine.  

Nighty.  

Lifey.  

• Like 1

I've rediscovered this video after seeing it last year, it's so funny.

And the people who have got to see those giant screens at 2:22, gosh :P :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love it. Should be called Green Day tries but fails to smash car though :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I love it. Should be called Green Day tries but fails to smash car though :lol: 

I found this article about it, which I found pretty hilarious:

"Armstrong suddenly yells, “F— Subaru!” He charges off stage and begins beating the crap out of the Impreza. It looked like he aimed to destroy the glass, but that didn’t happen. The damage was surprisingly little. He did make some tiny dents on the doors and the roof (he tossed the broken guitar up in the air and it bounced off the Impreza’s roof), but little else.

[...]

I felt bad for the folks who have to repair or replace the car, but there was a positive point that Subaru can take pride in… that’s one tough little car!"

The author of the article didn't suggest the damage was little for another reason than the car being tough, and is even thoughtful enough to say the damage was "surprisingly" little. As if Billie was some kind of mastodon, and that it seemed obvious he would succeed to smash that car :lol:. The way Billie says "I'm gonna destroy that thing" in the video is very convincing though :wub:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, SumDay said:

I don't know if this was already posted here & I'm late to the party, but: 

Notice the little lower harmony he's singing in the chorus. It sounds.. interesting, kinda changes the vibe of the song.

I haven’t heard that it was really cool. And what a rabbit hole! I had never listened to the isolated vocal tracks before I ended up picking a whole bunch more to check out. The ones from AI and 21CB are too full of echo and vocal effects but I love the ones from Dookie (check out the scream in She!) I thought the Still Breathing vocal sounded relatively clean like the Dookie tracks, not overdone with effects. 

• Like 1

I love listening to the vocal tracks.:wub: I always forget about the growl at the start of Geek Stink Breath though and end up getting the shock of my life.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Billie's voice is much higher now. Listen to a song from like 1,039 or Dookie then listen to a song from Revolution Radio, sounds like a completely different person.

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I haven’t heard that it was really cool. And what a rabbit hole! I had never listened to the isolated vocal tracks before I ended up picking a whole bunch more to check out. The ones from AI and 21CB are too full of echo and vocal effects but I love the ones from Dookie (check out the scream in She!) I thought the Still Breathing vocal sounded relatively clean like the Dookie tracks, not overdone with effects. 

I always laugh at the St. Jimmy one. 

5 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I love listening to the vocal tracks.:wub: I always forget about the growl at the start of Geek Stink Breath though and end up getting the shock of my life.:lol:

I remember the first time I noticed the growl, it was late at night and I was walking home in the dark, and when I heard it, I seriously braced myself because I thought there was a dog coming after me. :lol:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I remember the first time I noticed the growl, it was late at night and I was walking home in the dark, and when I heard it, I seriously braced myself because I thought there was a dog coming after me. :lol:

It sounds like he burped. Gross. :sick:

But, yes. I love listening to vocal tracks. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, miss youngblood said:

Billie's voice is much higher now. Listen to a song from like 1,039 or Dookie then listen to a song from Revolution Radio, sounds like a completely different person.

Totally. Not even just singing but when he speaks too. I think he used to kind of throw his voice to make it sound deeper as well as just being more sullen in interviews, plus just sang in a snottier/grumpier style that would be naturally lower sounding. Now he sings differently, is more cheerful in interviews and I guess stopped caring that his voice is a little high and stopped disguising it, which is cool.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SumDay said:

I don't know if this was already posted here & I'm late to the party, but: 

Notice the little lower harmony he's singing in the chorus. It sounds.. interesting, kinda changes the vibe of the song.

How hasn't Youtube led me to that one, with all the Still Breathing I go looking for? :P :wub:

Indeed, there's lots of new and different stuff to dig compared to the full version. I'm totally devouring it, thank you! 

• Like 1

Green Day has been put into storage until mid 2020 - Get ready for 2019 cause Sweet Children are back with Big Al and a big us tour could be happening ! . 

• Liam unpinned this topic