Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

1 hour ago, RedundantIdiot said:

Anyone else noticed that 5 Seconds of Summer's new album is called Youngblood? 

Yes, and I'm inclined to believe that it's solely because of GD given all of the GD stuff they've referenced in the past.

Do you guys think they'll cut the songs down in the AI movie? (Like make the songs shorter, not cut them out of the movie.)  Idk if they'd make the movie 57 minutes of musical numbers (And thats if they dont add stuff from the musical) since that either means there'll be 30-40 minutes of talking throughout the whole movie or the movie'll be 2-2 and a half hours.

23 minutes ago, Jirachi said:

Do you guys think they'll cut the songs down in the AI movie? (Like make the songs shorter, not cut them out of the movie.)  Idk if they'd make the movie 57 minutes of musical numbers (And thats if they dont add stuff from the musical) since that either means there'll be 30-40 minutes of talking throughout the whole movie or the movie'll be 2-2 and a half hours.

The musical was 90 minutes with no intermission right? That’s about full feature length. Replacing the stage with location shots would add time to scenes right there and maybe it would wind up at an hour and forty five.

I just watched somebody do a swing cover of Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes, and it reminded me of when GD did this:

I know they were just messing around, but seriously, I LOVE the way it sounds.:wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I like the drum intro in the 1st few seconds of Christie Road. 

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

The ads on my instagram keep advertising an app called 'Twisty Road', and every single time I see it, I can't help but immediately burst into song and sing "take me to the tracks at twisTY ROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.":lol::lol::lol: I am not okay.:lol:

Twisty roaaaaaaaaaad, get stoned, geeet stoned - makes perfect sense :lol:

• Haha 2

I'm kinda bummed that Billie didn't make an Instagram post about mike's birthday.

1 minute ago, zeldachick14 said:

I'm kinda bummed that Billie didn't make an Instagram post about mike's birthday.

Yes he did 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 2

It's been almost two years since I heard Minority for the first time (it's actually one of the songs that got me into GD) and it's still as perfect as ever.:wub: I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

It's been almost two years since I heard Minority for the first time (it's actually one of the songs that got me into GD) and it's still as perfect as ever.:wub: I don't think I'll ever get bored of it.

It was one of the first songs that hooked me in too.  The lyrics are genius. 

• Like 2

I dont believe that AI Movie is gonna happen atleast with Billie Joe starring as St. Jimmy. He is just way too old for that already.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 5/8/2018 at 2:08 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes he did 🙂

Ohhh i didn’t see it for some reason. Thank you! I love your profile picture by the way! 

7 hours ago, MiksuSH said:

I dont believe that AI Movie is gonna happen atleast with Billie Joe starring as St. Jimmy. He is just way too old for that already.

Makeup can do wonders! And his voice is still in tact. But i doubt the movie is gonna happen. They’ve been saying it for years. 

Edited by Hermione
Please remove images from quotes

1 hour ago, zeldachick14 said:

Ohhh i didn’t see it for some reason. Thank you! I love your profile picture by the way! 

Makeup can do wonders! And his voice is still in tact. But i doubt the movie is gonna happen. They’ve been saying it for years. 

Also St Jimmy was never even young in the AI musical when it was on Broadway. The regular actor and Billie were in their late thirties, and Melissa Etheridge who played the part for a few shows was in her fifties. In the musical at least it's a separate character that doesn't necessarily have to be young, there to lead JOS/Johnny astray with drugs etc. I agree it probably won't happen anyway though haha.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Also St Jimmy was never even young in the AI musical when it was on Broadway. The regular actor and Billie were in their late thirties, and Melissa Etheridge who played the part for a few shows was in her fifties. In the musical at least it's a separate character that doesn't necessarily have to be young, there to lead JOS/Johnny astray with drugs etc. I agree it probably won't happen anyway though haha.

Agreed, as long as he doesn't look like a dad he's fine. I doubt it happens though too. 

I don't really care if the AI movie comes out. I mean, if it comes out I'll watch it and probably find some enjoyment from it but I doubt it'll be anything too special. And whether it ever will come out is questionable

I think Billie can do it but I just don't think the movie is happening at all. 

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic