Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

6 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

If Green Day is God's favourite band, does that mean that God could be lurking somewhere here on GDC? :ninja: 

Reveal hidden contents

Come on, God, show yourself.

I don't know about God, but his favorite Reverend is rumored to come here on occasion. :)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I don't know about God, but his favorite Reverend is rumored to come here on occasion. :)

He’s on a mission from God you know 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Billie Joe's Fender said:

I just realized why Green Day never play Uptight live while i was trying to make a guitar cover of it.

You see, during the first part of the song Billie palm mutes chords which means that he has to do it all downstrokes which hurts your wrist pretty quickly. Billie Joe is a better guitarist than people give him credit for.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose hands are dying by the time the chorus comes :lol:

43 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

On New Year's eve, people could call a local radio station here and ask for songs to play. I demanded Back in the USA and they played it. What a great way to start 2018 :)

That's awesome!  Really surprising that they played it, but that song deserves so much more airplay than it gets

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Redundancy.Scattered said:

I I Just found this forum and people actually post on it instead of like a select group of like three people so I feel accomplished :dance:

Not so sure if I can agree, but welcome! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Redundancy.Scattered said:

I I Just found this forum and people actually post on it instead of like a select group of like three people so I feel accomplished :dance:

You must have caught us on a good day 😄 Welcome 🙂

• Haha 2

On 1.1.2018 at 2:21 PM, Second favourite son said:

That's awesome!  Really surprising that they played it, but that song deserves so much more airplay than it gets

It‘s actually getting quite some airplay over here at least on the rock stations. I don’t listen to the radio very often and I heard it again yesterday, so yeah, awesome! 

• Like 3

Just watching videos on You Tube from the Hyde Park gig and it's making me feel sad. I miss GD...I need to stop watching the videos!lol!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 7:36 AM, Thatsername said:

On New Year's eve, people could call a local radio station here and ask for songs to play. I demanded Back in the USA and they played it. What a great way to start 2018 :)

Was it edited?  Haven't heard the edited version of it yet.    

3 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

Was it edited?  Haven't heard the edited version of it yet.    

No, it was exactly the same. And too short as always :lol: It’s such a great song and I wish it was a bit longer. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Thatsername said:

No, it was exactly the same. And too short as always :lol: It’s such a great song and I wish it was a bit longer. 

I wonder why it was just structured as Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus without a bridge and a last chorus. I can't think of any other GD song that has the same song structure.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I wonder why it was just structured as Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus without a bridge and a last chorus. I can't think of any other GD song that has the same song structure.

I keep expecting it to have a bridge and chorus and then it just ends. You’re rocking to the song and it’s like someone pulls the plug. It’s frustrating.

• Like 2

Is it just me, or did Billie seem sorta mysterious during BIAB (more so the live parts rather than the interviews/backstage parts)? I can watch a GD gig from any era, and he's the guy that I know him as - just a regular, sometimes goofy guy who happens to be a good musician and and puts on a hell of a show. But during that Milton Keynes show, he seemed different (not in a bad way, just different) and I can't put my finger on why. Like, everything was there - he was still pretty goofy and he was still putting on an amazing show, but he seemed less "regular guy" and more sorta mysterious or intriguing. It's kinda difficult to explain what I mean so you might not understand but is it just me, or do other people get this vibe from that specific show too?

48 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Is it just me, or did Billie seem sorta mysterious during BIAB (more so the live parts rather than the interviews/backstage parts)? I can watch a GD gig from any era, and he's the guy that I know him as - just a regular, sometimes goofy guy who happens to be a good musician and and puts on a hell of a show. But during that Milton Keynes show, he seemed different (not in a bad way, just different) and I can't put my finger on why. Like, everything was there - he was still pretty goofy and he was still putting on an amazing show, but he seemed less "regular guy" and more sorta mysterious or intriguing. It's kinda difficult to explain what I mean so you might not understand but is it just me, or do other people get this vibe from that specific show too?

Other than when he does St. Jimmy sort of in character I’m not sure what you mean.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Other than when he does St. Jimmy sort of in character I’m not sure what you mean.

It's difficult to describe. You know how he usually seems like a kinda approachable person - it sorta feels like you know him and he's pretty easy to read? Well when I watch clips from BIAB, I feel like that side of him isn't as prominent as it usually is. His behaviour/performance is no different, but he doesn't really seem as "open" as usual. It's not a huge difference, but I notice it every time I see footage of the Milton Keynes show. Maybe it's just me though.

On 04/01/2018 at 12:16 AM, Psycho Britney said:

Just watching videos on You Tube from the Hyde Park gig and it's making me feel sad. I miss GD...I need to stop watching the videos!lol!

I miss them too since Hyde Park which was my last time seeing them, but to me watching these videos rather eases this feeling... while making me want to see them again even more badly!

10 hours ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

It's difficult to describe. You know how he usually seems like a kinda approachable person - it sorta feels like you know him and he's pretty easy to read? Well when I watch clips from BIAB, I feel like that side of him isn't as prominent as it usually is. His behaviour/performance is no different, but he doesn't really seem as "open" as usual. It's not a huge difference, but I notice it every time I see footage of the Milton Keynes show. Maybe it's just me though.

Without having recently seen a footage of that show or BIAB, I do find in that, a general way, from AI era to now, Billie has appeared more and more open and approachable (these words can perhaps evoke slightly different things from one of us to another, I'd personally use them too). Particularly in the beginning of AI era, he seems to me somehow barricaded and grave, notably telling from his behavior on stage ; anyways, I don't find him to be totally the same guy as now. As for a specific, mysterious feeling about him in one particular show, it happened to me a couple of times, then I came back later and I felt differently about him (don't even remember the shows in question, only that they were among the first ones I discovered of GD and that the intriguing feeling came around the 2nd or 3rd time watching it... not very helpful details :P)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Without having recently seen a footage of that show or BIAB, I do find in that, a general way, from AI era to now, Billie has appeared more and more open and approachable (these words can perhaps evoke slightly different things from one of us to another, I'd personally use them too). Particularly in the beginning of AI era, he seems to me somehow barricaded and grave, notably telling from his behavior on stage ; anyways, I don't find him to be totally the same guy as now. As for a specific, mysterious feeling about him in one particular show, it happened to me a couple of times, then I came back later and I felt differently about him (don't even remember the shows in question, only that they were among the first ones I discovered of GD and that the intriguing feeling came around the 2nd or 3rd time watching it... not very helpful details :P)

Yes, this is pretty much what I mean.:happy: However, the Milton Keynes show is the only show that I can remember having these thoughts about. Although there's probably footage of other shows out there that I haven't seen that might give me this impression too (especially if it's footage from the AI era because I haven't seen many AI shows).

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic