Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

9 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Still Breathing is becoming my #1 Green Day song, before Forever Now. My #1 song. That's said. 

I was also thinking about Tre (album), reading an article mentioning that Tre came out on December 2012 instead of January next year, as a "compensation" for the deleted and postponed concerts. I was thinking, it must've been tough for you guys not knowing what would happen next, and that album must have been sort of the spillway for that worry. I mean, I remember the first time I listened to opening track Brutal Love, I cried. And practically all the album is pretty damn beautiful. So I'm just imagining what it must have been for you guys who listened to it right after its release. I think I would have loved it even more. And knowing how things have gotten better starting from 2013, it must've been such an intense time to be a fan. 

I was working more so I didn't post on here much, or maybe even still just lurking, I didn't have the time, but what I remember most about the whole Trilogy release was seeing the video for the Forgotten and thinking it looked so like a farewell, I remember sitting sobbing over my keyboard watching it on YouTube as I really thought Billie might not recover and that could have been the end of Green Day.  I think it felt weird at the time that everyone was so quiet, Rob Cavallo had said earlier that Billie would not be seen again until at least Christmas and there was just total silence from Mike and Tre.  Thanks goodness Adrienne posted a picture of her birthday and then the one with Billie sitting on the couch!  At least we could hope that things were improving.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Thanks goodness Adrienne posted a picture of her birthday and then the one with Billie sitting on the couch!

Can you post a link to these photos? :wub:

This is the one Adrienne posted mid October, blimey 5 years ago tomorrow!  I seem to remember it caused quite a lot chat at the time.

Ha, I was wrong, it was actually who posted this one of Adrienne.  Funny, when I looked back, he actually was move visible on IG than I remember.

Did I miss voting for the awards, the banner at the top of my screen has gone, I thought we had until tomorrow?  

• Love 3

So as I have (again!) fallen in a Still Breathing videos binge watching, here are a few voice cracks and other gems I'm completely addicted to:

Voice crack 1:

Spoiler

Voice crack 2:

Spoiler

Billie breathing in the mic:

Spoiler

Billlie's voice falling down :

Spoiler

And my favorite:

Spoiler

:wub:

• Love 2

12 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Still Breathing is becoming my #1 Green Day song, before Forever Now. My #1 song. That's said. 

I was also thinking about Tre (album), reading an article mentioning that Tre came out on December 2012 instead of January next year, as a "compensation" for the deleted and postponed concerts. I was thinking, it must've been tough for you guys not knowing what would happen next, and that album must have been sort of the spillway for that worry. I mean, I remember the first time I listened to opening track Brutal Love, I cried. And practically all the album is pretty damn beautiful. So I'm just imagining what it must have been for you guys who listened to it right after its release. I think I would have loved it even more. And knowing how things have gotten better starting from 2013, it must've been such an intense time to be a fan. 

I will sound like an utter dick right now but at the point when Tre came out I was already so disinterested in the trilogy that it had been laying around for about a month before I gave it a first listen and I didn't like it much. I listened to it again some months later and it's grown on me a lot since. (It's a good album, really. I like it now. But I just didn't care when it came out.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

So as I have (again!) fallen in a Still Breathing videos binge watching, here are a few voice cracks and other gems I'm completely addicted to:

Speaking of Still Breathing, it was one year ago today that they filmed the video for it (per this behind the scenes video)-

• Love 1

20 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Brutal Love, I cried. 

I was listening to Lazy Bones the other day - I had the same feelings as the first time I listened to it:cry:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SHART said:

I was listening to Lazy Bones the other day - I had the same feelings as the first time I listened to it:cry:

I remember hearing the preview of it and thinking it's a pretty cool angsty song. Now it's one of the few always make me sad. I can't distance myself from this song. There's something about it that's simply heartbreaking.

Anyway, it's interesting to read about your "adult" thoughts and feelings and comparing them to mine. Makes me realize how different it was to experience stuff as a child. (I was 14 at the time, fyi)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SHART said:

2 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I remember hearing the preview of it and thinking it's a pretty cool angsty song. Now it's one of the few always make me sad. I can't distance myself from this song. There's something about it that's simply heartbreaking.

I have strong and sad feelings too about this song, I relate to it so much and I love it so much. Somehow I wanted to tackle it, especially knowing Billie himself has had hard times playing it live. So Lazy Bones is one of the two first songs I've learned to play at guitar, and I have to say it's great to play. Energetic and not depressing at all. It's my favorite song to play (among 4 songs, since I'm a beginner :P) and I've learned to sing along playing with that song. It's so fun!

• Like 2

The way Billie sings even though :wub: (I suggest listening with headphones):

I've noticed it on the Demolicious version, and for good reason, on the Uno version you don't hear that little voice crack :

Spoiler

I don't like everything more on Demolicious compared to the same songs in trilogy version, but what I do like better is this sharp, stirring little something in Billie's voice that is way less present on Uno, Dos, Tre.

Other random thought: I was listening to Dos today, and I loved the three last songs back to back, Nightlife, Wow! That's Loud and Amy. I thought Wow! That's Loud was mesmerizing and Billie's voice on it is simply gorgeous. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, SHART said:

I loved this jacket:wub:

The trilogy songs are sooooooo great LIVE.

OMG I was at this show. Amazing. Yes, the trilogy songs are kicking ass live.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

You were so lucky, we actually had this show broadcast live in the UK and it was awesome, I remember people tweeting about how amazing Billie's blue eyes looked and others piling in saying they're green!  It's one of my regular videos when I am running on the treadmill at the gym - helps the kms go in easy! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

OMG I was at this show. Amazing. Yes, the trilogy songs are kicking ass live.

I actually thought I posted in the fangirls thread - sorry:D:ga:

• Haha 1

Does anyone have inside info on your dates? I'm hearing a lot of rumours about either rammstein or green day being one of the headliners for download festival in Australia

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, simoro1 said:

Does anyone have inside info on your dates? I'm hearing a lot of rumours about either rammstein or green day being one of the headliners for download festival in Australia

I have definitely heard Rammstein rumours but I thought if was me spreading the GD rumours:lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SHART said:

I have definitely heard Rammstein rumours but I thought if was me spreading the GD rumours:lol:

Seen some stuff on Twitter.

8 minutes ago, simoro1 said:

Seen some stuff on Twitter.

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they were a headliner.  A bigger surprise would be if they talked Tim to come as well.

5 hours ago, simoro1 said:

I also heard rumours about Green Day headlining Rock am Ring in Germany next year. I seriously hope they will headline some of the big festivals next year before they start working on their new album:happy:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

There are so many rumors going around that it looks like there must be something to them :happy:

Probably a Greatest Hits festival tour? Might as well throw Reading + Leeds rumors in there like every year :lol: (And TRNSMAT - or whatever is happening with T In The Park to make up for the Glasgow date :rolleyes: )

I would like to see them play Glastonbury but that's having a off year next year. 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic