Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just now, LaughingClock said:

Lol. It's definitely "fulwell73", don't know how the 8 snuck in there. Too early in the morning for me. Head not completely screwed on now.

It should be right now though, at least the e-mail didn't bounce back. Thanks for the info. 

Am I the only one that doesn't get Carpool Karaoke? When I first heard of it, I thought oh it's artists performer other people's songs. And it's just them performing their own songs. It's kind of boring. Every now and then there'll be a good one, like Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Bruno Mars.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Am I the only one that doesn't get Carpool Karaoke? When I first heard of it, I thought oh it's artists performer other people's songs. And it's just them performing their own songs. It's kind of boring. Every now and then there'll be a good one, like Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, or Bruno Mars.

It varies depending on if you like the artist I guess, but the fun is with James, he’s doing the karaoke bit singing the artist’s songs and he’s damn good. His bits with Adele, Stevie Wonder and Chris Martin were all really good too. I would just love to see Green Day do this and have James sing their songs.

• Like 2

It's almost 2 am and I've listened to kill the dj on repeat like 15 times so far for some reason. There's no hope for me. 

• Like 3

On 9/22/2017 at 10:54 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

^^^ That's awesome! Thank you! I will definitely e-mail them and anyone else who would like to see this happen please help out and send an e-mail as well.

Now we need to find out who to contact to book FBHT in a haunted castle :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jenn. said:

You say it's them performing their own songs as if that's a bad thing :D The fun of it is in the environment I guess. It's not just a standard interview on a sofa or a performance on stage, they're encouraged to have a bit of fun and then James will ask them some specific questions about songs that feature and I guess the hope is for more candid answers due to the informality of the set up. If the guys were able to do it without being self-concious I think it could be really funny :D and there is also the fact that the videos on YT always go viral so it's great publicity too. 

With the title I expected it to be artists performing other people's songs. That's more fun to me than hearing them sing loudly over recordings of their own songs.  If I want to see them perform their songs, I'll watch another performance clip, but that's just me. I actually don't like it when they start singing - I like all the randomness that happens, like RHCP randomly wrestling with James. I get now that they probably can't for copyright and yeah it's better than a standard interview, but I just don't get the mass hype behind it. There have been a few good episodes, but eh. Not saying that a Green Day one wouldn't be good, I'm sure it would, but I'm just not on board with the mass hype it always gets whenever a new segment of it happens. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

With the title I expected it to be artists performing other people's songs. That's more fun to me than hearing them sing loudly over recordings of their own songs.  If I want to see them perform their songs, I'll watch another performance clip, but that's just me. I actually don't like it when they start singing - I like all the randomness that happens, like RHCP randomly wrestling with James. I get now that they probably can't for copyright and yeah it's better than a standard interview, but I just don't get the mass hype behind it. There have been a few good episodes, but eh. Not saying that a Green Day one wouldn't be good, I'm sure it would, but I'm just not on board with the mass hype it always gets whenever a new segment of it happens. 

It's a matter of taste of course! I personally love it. It's not marketed as a performance, it's just them having fun and an excuse for James to bring something up about the song (for example in the Gwen Stefani episode he was able to ask about some lyrics in one of the songs.) Them singing over their own recordings is why it's called karaoke instead of a performance, I guess.

• Like 3

This isn't exactly a random thought but more like a random moment related to Green Day; I was chatting with my mother yesterday morning when the conversation turned to some photos I was showing her of myself and I told her a joke a friend of mine said about me, then she said, "yeah you and Billie also have the same ugly small teeth" 

I can't believe she dragged Billie and I in one go. :dry:

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

This isn't exactly a random thought but more like a random moment related to Green Day; I was chatting with my mother yesterday morning when the conversation turned to some photos I was showing her of myself and I told her a joke a friend of mine said about me, then she said, "yeah you and Billie also have the same ugly small teeth" 

I can't believe she dragged Billie and I in one go. :dry:

Looks like someone needs a new set of chompers :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

Looks like someone needs a new set of chompers :lol:

Yeah not gonna lie, Billie needs to hook me up with his dentist 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

It's a matter of taste of course! I personally love it. It's not marketed as a performance, it's just them having fun and an excuse for James to bring something up about the song (for example in the Gwen Stefani episode he was able to ask about some lyrics in one of the songs.) Them singing over their own recordings is why it's called karaoke instead of a performance, I guess.

I can see that. It can be interesting to watch. And if Green Day were on there, I wouldn't hate it! I think the likelihood of them appearing on there is pretty high. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SHART said:

I don't like last of the american girls but I like how BJ says "book"=/

I can't stand that song! I don't know what it is...just don't like it :lol: 

• Love 1

Every time I hear the word woke, I think of Billie and start laughing.:lol: Somebody said it to me today and I burst out laughing, and they looked at me as if I had just grown horns. I think it's safe to say that person is never going to speak to me again.:lol:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

Every time I hear the word woke, I think of Billie and start laughing.:lol: Somebody said it to me today and I burst out laughing, and they looked at me as if I had just grown horns. I think it's safe to say that person is never going to speak to me again.:lol:

At least woke is a known term by most. I imagine wiggered would get stranger looks. :lol:

16 hours ago, SHART said:

I don't like last of the american girls but I like how BJ says "book"=/

Oh my God. I love that song (like mostly every one on that album, and it ain't even one of my favorites on it), and I completely agree with "book", it's priceless, and happily Billie says it twice! :lol:

I also love "like a hurricane:wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

I agree but please consider New York City parrrk in Kill The DJ 

Another favorite of mine indeed 

Oh, how about that long ass scream in horseshoes & hand grenades?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, -Billiejoezee- said:

Another favorite of mine indeed 

Oh, how about that long ass scream in horseshoes & hand grenades?

Yes, absolutely! 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic