Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

9 minutes ago, letsdanceon said:

Speaking of FBHT...I was just thinking about them. I have a friend who owns a haunted castle in Cleveland. No, really. I know Cleveland seems like the last place you'd expect to find a castle, but life is strange. It has a seedy history shrouded in mystery and has been vacant for many years, until a wealthy European deejay friend purchased it to refurbish. She messaged me today and said to let her know if I wanted to "use" it to book any Halloween events next month. My first thought was, "how do I book a FBHT show in a haunted castle?!" 😛😛 seriously though, that would be amazing, can you imagine?!

I'd be there! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T@l said:

Unfortunately, I'm the only guy around that can play Green Day with the right finesse, articulation and attitude (drums/bass/guitar). And the sad part is, probably many people will claim that Green Day are only about 3-chord songs. You know what? I bet you can't play those songs like me or like GD themselves. :fuckyou:

Right now I'm looping J.A.R.- def belongs to my top-5 GD songs ever.

I can play the Drums,Bass,Guitar too.

Posers.Let them play Platypus or Jaded.

2 minutes ago, GreenDayTheory said:

I can play the Drums,Bass,Guitar too.

Posers.Let them play Platypus or Jaded.

It's not just Platypus or Jaded, let them even play Basket Case. Assuming they're aware of the Eb(-ISH, I KNOW) tuning, the drummers will only do quarter notes and wrong fills, bassists will only play root notes or won't learn the bassline properly, and guitarists won't realize that in verses, A(b) and E(b) chords are played in an open position.

But of course, once you DO know that, it's easy to play the song. But again, all these things are over-looked by those people.

I don't know what I want to say, I'm just upset that no one would jam Green Day with me. :(

2 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I almost blurted out "I'm wiggered" in my friends' group chat earlier. This place :acute:

You should have - wiggered deserves to become a word 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

You should have - wiggered deserves to become a word 

Wiggered is a word - well, in my mind it is.:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T@l said:

I don't know what I want to say, I'm just upset that no one would jam Green Day with me. :(

Where are you located? :ga:

I've started playing guitar lately and my teacher says I'm already doing pretty well. I can sing while playing too. I'm looking for someone to jam with as well, hard to keep up with motivation when all alone.

I would love it if Billie, Mike or Tre wrote a detailed autobiography. The history of Green Day is one of the few things that interests me, and I would love to hear about it firsthand. Also, they all seem to have extremely interesting childhoods, especially Billie and Mike, and I would love to hear more about that. It would probably have some hilarious stories in it too.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, G-L-O-R-I-A said:

I would love it if Billie, Mike or Tre wrote a detailed autobiography. The history of Green Day is one of the few things that interests me, and I would love to hear about it firsthand. Also, they all seem to have extremely interesting childhoods, especially Billie and Mike, and I would love to hear more about that. It would probably have some hilarious stories in it too.

It would be amazing but probably won't happen until they slow down at 60 or something. They're still too busy making history to write about it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kuromignonne said:

Where are you located? :ga:

I've started playing guitar lately and my teacher says I'm already doing pretty well. I can sing while playing too. I'm looking for someone to jam with as well, hard to keep up with motivation when all alone.

Not-France :lol:

I'm in the same situation as you. I barely play at home anymore. However, I do get invited to gigs every now and then and I'm glad for that, but deep inside I with to play punk music, and no one in my surroundings wants to play 14 year-olds music. :(
(Yes, I think punk is for 14 year-olds, I listen to it because I like to feel in that age)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, T@l said:

Not-France :lol:

I'm in the same situation as you. I barely play at home anymore. However, I do get invited to gigs every now and then and I'm glad for that, but deep inside I with to play punk music, and no one in my surroundings wants to play 14 year-olds music. :(
(Yes, I think punk is for 14 year-olds, I listen to it because I like to feel in that age)

I personally have to play at home because I'm a debutante, I'm learning and I have to train. But between the neighbors, the parents (I think leaving home soon even though it frightens me a bit: loneliness...) lack of time and lack of motivation when I have time, it ain't easy. When I have my guitar lessons, I feel so good and my teacher told me he's kinda impressed, so I'm very happy, but playing all alone in my room is really not easy. I don't know if it would be easier if I were 14. When I was 14 I was a very morose teenage who didn't knew about Green Day and never laughed. Now I look more often like my profile pic. :lol:

• Like 1

I believe today is the 35 year anniversary of Billie's father's death.  Be interesting to see if they do WMUWSE tonight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Was in the supermarket checkout and they start playing Careless Whisper overhead and all I think is, OMG Jason Freese! 😂😂😂

He really does nail that intro. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Was in the supermarket checkout and they start playing Careless Whisper overhead and all I think is, OMG Jason Freese! 😂😂😂

He really does nail that intro. 

Haha! This happened to me recently when I was at the thrift store, and I thought to myself, "as much as I love thrifting, I'd much rather be back at a Green Day gig right now!" 😆

• Like 3

I really enjoyed cuatro but never watch it because of the trilogy events - the guys had such a great rev rad tour I wish they had made a doco of the making of this album instead🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Montclare said:

It’s my one year GDC anniversary today!  I’ve loved spending this past year with you guys.  Since the RevRad era is winding down (I refuse to say over since we still have the shows in Central Park and Latin America), I figured this would be the perfect time to reflect on the past year.

Oh, that was lovely. It's getting close to a year since I rediscovered them by accident in a similar way (and this priceless community on top), you summed it up perfectly. Happy anniversary!

• Thanks 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic