Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Heey, happy birthday @Jesus of Seneca :happy:

Needed something fun but chill to watch before bed and opted for first viewing of Reading 2013. Worst idea ever, so long sleep:banana::banana::banana::banana:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jesus of Seneca said:

Yeeeeeees, It's my birthday AND Rev Rad single day. Actually happy for once:happyhands:

Happy Birthday. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Wait, you'd never seen Green Day live at Reading 2013 before then? Wow...

Well I only set out on this youtube marathon journey around november, still got some way to go :D 

But seriously what a killer opening few songs! Stay the Night :wub::wub:

Yeah, but poor sound quality. Still, way better than live Rock am Ring (I mean, that was only bearable with the MTV world stage version, where I think they used original sound recordings that were properly mixed). 

• Like 1

Haven't seen that yet either, ha. Other than Billie sounding a bit muffled I didn't notice anything particular about Reading. But their energy is through the roof, I love it.

I've been revisiting 21CBD

I listened to it a lot when it came out but I never really liked it so largely dismissed it as their worst album and a poor man's American Idiot

Well now I can listen to it without the unrealistic high expectations that AI left and.. I love it!

There are still a few duds.. but love the production and there are a few bangers 

Well done GD.. even if I am nearly 10 years late (lol)

• Like 2

-> Goes to change channel from MTV Classic to ABC since GMA starts in a few minutes (even though they won't be on for ~90 minutes)

-> MTV Classic begins playing American Idiot

• Like 2

Just came across this! A true work of art! R.I.P Chris Cornell!

• Like 3

The death of Chris Cornell got me thinking, how would I / how would we react if it were to happen to one of our Green Day boys

I think I would be pretty fucked up

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Pretty much. Imagining it is just a pointlessly depressing thing to do tbh, don't really know what else there is to say about it.

• Like 2

Oh no please, let's not go down that route, it would be too awful.  I worry about the surfing, motor bikes etc, am turning into everyone's mother (not to mention the other 'recreational" things from the past).  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Doggins said:

The death of Chris Cornell got me thinking, how would I / how would we react if it were to happen to one of our Green Day boys

Hahaha try looking up threads from that one time fake news about Billie dying were floating around 

I would be completely devestated. I cried and was so drpressed when Kurt Cobain died. I was sad for several weeks. 

I was procrastinating so I tried searching for the old threads regarding that car accident news and there's no mention of it whatsoever on gdc so clearly, we wouldn't care enough to post about a dead Billie :lol::lol: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Doggins said:

4 hours ago, jengd said:

Oh no please, let's not go down that route, it would be too awful.  I worry about the surfing, motor bikes etc, am turning into everyone's mother (not to mention the other 'recreational" things from the past).  

Please don't, especially after what just happened in Manchester. I can't help but worry that terrorists might target Hyde Park this summer, and I was thinking about that before the Manchester bombing, so it's worse now.

It is worrying, big outdoor gigs are a nightmare to police, I think we will have to expect a lot of security at the outdoor gigs this summer.  I will be happy to put up with it.  Hopefully these nutters realise the impact would be lessened outdoors, we all need to be vigilant but I for one will not let this stop me going.

12 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I was procrastinating so I tried searching for the old threads regarding that car accident news and there's no mention of it whatsoever on gdc so clearly, we wouldn't care enough to post about a dead Billie :lol::lol: 

If I remember right, it was quashed very quickly thank goodness.

• Like 1

Loving this (and the pro-shot live footage, it sounds soooo good!:

I still think their promotion team needs to record one song, properly mix and master it and then upload it on to YouTube, that would get plenty of views trust me.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, MilleniumFan said:

Loving this (and the pro-shot live footage, it sounds soooo good!:

I still think their promotion team needs to record one song, properly mix and master it and then upload it on to YouTube, that would get plenty of views trust me.

That's awesome (and funny, especially when you spot Tré with a blanket over his head :lol:)! I never cared about drums before I watched him play. Love the Bang Bang solo.

Agreed though, it sounds amazing. Surely it can't be that big of a job, just realease it as a music video?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

Agreed though, it sounds amazing. Surely it can't be that big of a job, just realease it as a music video?

Yeah, producing a live video isn't that much work. I mean, if it were, why do other bands do it? Don't get me wrong, it does require a sound engineer to clean up the audio, mix it and master it. And it also requires some video editing. But it's a lot less work than say a Lyric video. 

• Like 2

Well, if I'm absolutely honest, Christmas time is a time I usually disconnect a bit from everything in my daily life (including the internet). So luckily I wasn't on GDC at the time...

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic