Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

8 minutes ago, Marki. said:

^ Oh yes :P There have been so many things in their lyric booklets that bother me :lol: 

Yep!  I think they've outdone themselves with 'I put the "riot" in PatRiot' and 'bouncing off the wall' (never once admitting that it's walls) :lol:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Only just noticed that in the American Idiot lyric booklet it says "Zieg Heil" in Holiday (which is wrong, it's "Sieg Heil").  Thought I already knew all their spelling mistakes :P 

Also just reminded myself of the excessive use of inverted commas in the Warning lyrics:

"trust" is a dirty word that comes from such a liar
but "respect" is something I will earn

in his "vintage suit" and tie
for the "most" expensive price

Virginia was a "lot lizard" from F.L.A.
She had a compound fracture in the "trunk"
"Mr Whirly" had a catastrophic incident
he ran the drug cartel in "tinseltown"

"Icon" is the last chance for hope

stuffed in a coffin "10% more free"

Unnecessary :P 

No matter. Warning is always a masterpiece. :lol:

4 minutes ago, End Of The World said:

No matter. Warning is always a masterpiece. :lol:

True! Could still do with less inverted commas though :P 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

I do the same with my name! :lol: But when I omit the last letter, what remains is Jan and that's a very common male name. Once a teacher messed up my test with my schoolmate's because of that and it irritates my friends too "why do you sign like a guy????". I'm too lazy to write all 4 characters :P actually, I can't anymore. I'd have to put a lot of effort into writing it all. 

My name+surname is 17 letters. I avoid doing the boring thing by writing just my initials (A and Z). The result is a star more or less.

• Like 3

Could you recommend me a forum or a topic, where I would be able to sell two Early Entrance tickets for the Krakkow concert?

Thank you in advance!:)

6 minutes ago, GreenDayFan007 said:

Could you recommend me a forum or a topic, where I would be able to sell two Early Entrance tickets for the Krakkow concert?

There is most likely a thread for that particular concert if you check Green Day On The Road.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GreenDayFan007 said:

We have a thread for the show in Krakow here, in the 'Green Day On the Road' section :) 

• Like 4

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:30 PM, Hermione said:

Also just reminded myself of the excessive use of inverted commas in the Warning lyrics:

tumblr_static_castiel-my-people-skills-a

• Like 2

On 18. 12. 2016 at 9:30 PM, Hermione said:

Only just noticed that in the American Idiot lyric booklet it says "Zieg Heil" in Holiday (which is wrong, it's "Sieg Heil").  Thought I already knew all their spelling mistakes :P 

How come I never noticed?! :lol: I won't be able to unsee it now. What a bad idea :P

16 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I found the old journal I kept when I was 9 years old, in one entry I wrote that my dad bought me 1039 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours because I got a good report card

This is perhaps my favourite post of the year - too cute.

• Like 2

Today I heard an interview with a Catholic priest who plays Green Day records during masses.

I heard gospel versions of their songs and they were fine but records? That has to be a trip! I mean, imagine you go to church on sunday, no pun intended, and the priest blasts idk, what would be the best choice? East Jesus Nowhere or Longview or something lol I can't imagine what that has to be like but I'd sure love to see it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

Today I heard an interview with a Catholic priest who plays Green Day records during masses.

I heard gospel versions of their songs and they were fine but records? That has to be a trip! I mean, imagine you go to church on sunday, no pun intended, and the priest blasts idk, what would be the best choice? East Jesus Nowhere or Longview or something lol I can't imagine what that has to be like but I'd sure love to see it. 

I've heard of a priest who intentionally played Platypus during a mass, so I guess anything can happen! :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

Say Goodbye or See the Light

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

I've heard of a priest who intentionally played Platypus during a mass, so I guess anything can happen! :lol:

Now that's something I'd love to witness! :lol: Actually Platypus could be a good intro to a speech about hate/being petty so it makes sense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I did a google search for Green Day elf yourself. This is what I found

I have no idea what I just watched.

• Like 1

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I did a google search for Green Day elf yourself. This is what I found

*Traumatized*

• Like 1

The bassline on 80 is definitely one of Mike's best! That tone is just so punchy and powerful. 80 is one of my favourite Green Day songs of all time tbh :lol:

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic