Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

It only really struck me yesterday how incredible the lyrics of Jesus Of Suburbia are. Obviously loads of people love the "home is where the heart is" line, but every single verse speaks to me on some level. For a song with so many lines to be so consistently great lyrically is just mindblowing. There's just so much that seems to get overlooked due to its length. Plus the craftsmanship in putting so many "soundbite" type lines together and making it not seem over the top is admirable.

I'm always just blown away by how different JOS sounds compared to anything else in their catalog. Even compared to everything else on AI. It just sounds so huge and epic, and Dearly Beloved is so understated and beautiful, and the ending solo is so joyful and full of freedom that I almost can't take it. The production is so spectacular, it blows anything else they've ever done away.

• Like 4

I'm surprised there aren't a lot of pictures of Billie's dick on the internet. He flashed the crowd at least a dozen times during the Dookie and Insomniac tours. Were cameras that slow in 1994?

How's that for random thought? Do I win?

Why you want a picture of Billie's dick?! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i wish i could soar above the clouds with billie and we could gab about our favorite cumulus shapes

• Like 4

I'm always just blown away by how different JOS sounds compared to anything else in their catalog. Even compared to everything else on AI. It just sounds so huge and epic, and Dearly Beloved is so understated and beautiful, and the ending solo is so joyful and full of freedom that I almost can't take it. The production is so spectacular, it blows anything else they've ever done away.

Yeah, I agree. There's just so much going on yet it sounds so spacious and huge at the same time. The melodies are just on a whole other level too. I'll never forget the first time I heard it, on Christmas Day in 2004, and I was completely blown away. It says a lot that over 9 years later I'm still finding new things in it to appreciate.

Why you want a picture of Billie's dick?! :lol:

Haaaaaaaave ya met Todd?

Legendary things can still be bad. The performance itself is great, BJ himself just irks me.

You don't like Spinal Tap?! :o Your unpopular opinions are invalid.

• Like 1

You don't like Spinal Tap?! :o Your unpopular opinions are invalid.

I am ashamed. :cry:

Footnote: I only just now realized how sad that emoticon is. Aww.

i wonder if i'm the only one who isn't interested in foreverly? everyone seems to freak out.

You are not alone.

i wonder if i'm the only one who isn't interested in foreverly? everyone seems to freak out.

You haven't read the Foreverly thread then. It's clear the style of music isn't for everyone. I've only listened through it all once. I appreciate what it is and why they did it, but the music itself isn't my cup of tea.

• Like 1

I listened to about 20 seconds of the lead single before zoning out. Needless to say I didn't even bother downloading the album.

I listened to about 20 seconds of the lead single before zoning out. Needless to say I didn't even bother downloading the album.

Barbara Allen was really cool. So was Silver Haired Daddy of mine. The rest was forgettable, but a great tribute.

• Like 2

Fuck, Dookie-era Billie is annoying as hell.

Dookie Billie is best Billie. I can pretty much hear 13 year old me falling in love

• Like 4

The person I carpool to school with has god awful music taste, and the 30 minute drive usually consists of depressing folk/soft southern rock music. I've been thinking of giving her Foreverly so I can at least appreciate the fact that it's Billie Joe singing. :lol:

Earlier this week I was thinking about how Billie's process in naming his guitars. It's just so weird how some are so simple and others are like "wtf?". Like Blue compared to Canelo. It's kinda cool to think that they all have some cool meaning to Billie and to everyone else it's left a mystery

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic