Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Which one was this? I was probably too preoccupied with Billie’s singing to notice the rest

I think it was on the Ellen show, bout I watched like a million in a row, so maybe not.

• Like 2

lmao random af, but remember how butch Walker made a video where he was all like "who tf is green day????" before FOAMF was announced?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just watching this and feeling really nostalgic for a great tour -- tight, professional, happy and healthy 💚

I wanna go back

Wow it's an awesome video! 
Also at 7:45 is that Aimee from The Interrupters? I love them so much.
And finally at 5:35 fuck this guy

• Like 2

Killer performance of "Armatage Shanks",  "Stuart and the Ave" and "Welcome to Paradise".    

Well destiny is dead /  in the hands of bad luck!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Good time to be a fan — Trans Am EP today, NFM album next week, New Network LP the week after that. Still wish there could be live shows but this is some good output from our guys in an otherwise shitty year. Hard to believe it’s still the same year where we also got a Green Day album in February. Have we ever had such a single stacked year of record releases? 

Right?! February seems like it was years ago at this point.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Good time to be a fan — Trans Am EP today, NFM album next week, New Network LP the week after that. Still wish there could be live shows but this is some good output from our guys in an otherwise shitty year. Hard to believe it’s still the same year where we also got a Green Day album in February. Have we ever had such a single stacked year of record releases? 

I think it’s a double edged sword.  No tour, even given there were mixed feelings about both the record and bands involved.  However, without lockdown GD would have been largely touring whereas they have clearly been busy both doing covers and creating new stuff among themselves.  I love the new EP and just love that they are having such fun with it all, to still be in that place and inspired at this point in their lives is amazing, I’m really thankful for it.  

ok, gin and tonic beginning to speak now, off to bed 😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So today in class we were reviewing for a test and I showed some fun videos to help people relax. One was the "Walking Contradiction" video. Then I asked people on the test what their favorite video was for extra credit and that one seems to be winning by far. :) 

Was watching the Hitlist tv show earlier- where contestants have to name the artist and the song. They showed a picture of Tre and played American Idiot- the contestants got it right.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So across this weekend a number of MTV gigs have been aired on a free-to-air showcase channel in the UK, and GD were on earlier tonight with the gig from Seville last year. We watched the gig twice as the 1st time we kept switching over to see Strictly Come Dancing. Mum said that GD aren't here cup of tea but are still alright- she thought Minority sounded a bit Irish. Dad really liked the gig and I saw our fish dancing across their tank!

• Like 3

Facebook post asking you to make a supergroup.     This is mine:

Billie Joe (on vocals and piano)

Shane Gallagher (on guitars and vocals)

Daron Malakian (on guitars, vocals, keyboards)

Kevin Bivona (on bass and vocals) 

Mike Alonso (on drums and vocals)

This would be a really interesting outfit.  Billie has proven he can front any sort of band and do it justice.   

Shane has been in several bands, but I chose him for his work with +44.   A unique guitar player.   

Daron -   Daron brings the weirdness, but it also a strong leader.   He may even take the reigns from Billie, causing a healthy rivalry in the studio.    Oh my, juicy!  

Kevin - I chose him for his work in the Transplants, he hasn't gotten enough credit in the industry.    He's a killer bass player.   

Mike - He's on the kit in Flogging Molly, and that is a different flavor for sure.    Imagine this weird and wacky band.  

• Like 1

I wonder how many times a day people are ballsy enough to DM any of the boys on Instagram and risk getting blocked. I sure as hell wouldn't, no matter how much I'd like them to notice my art or something. That's such an invasion of their privacy. I wonder if they just block everyone who does that or make exceptions.

• Like 2

So yesterday I was at the bank and the teller was dressed like a reverse AI Billie with a red shirt and black tie. He even had the sleeves rolled up too. And he was also pretty cute. I think he's new; he didn't really know how to work the computer, but he was nice.

10 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I wonder how many times a day people are ballsy enough to DM any of the boys on Instagram and risk getting blocked. I sure as hell wouldn't, no matter how much I'd like them to notice my art or something. That's such an invasion of their privacy. I wonder if they just block everyone who does that or make exceptions.

I imagine they would probably block everyone, not even just because of creeps, but because if they started responding to people they would just get swamped and they would never keep up. 

In the latest email of their newsletter, they offer a sweater with a new Green Day design. Don‘t they just change their fonts only with new albums? Could it be a hint that there‘s an album coming soon? 😍

42 minutes ago, Flashback said:

In the latest email of their newsletter, they offer a sweater with a new Green Day design. Don‘t they just change their fonts only with new albums? Could it be a hint that there‘s an album coming soon? 😍

Do you mean the long sleeve tee with the lightning bolts? That came out a few months ago I think 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you mean the long sleeve tee with the lightning bolts? That came out a few months ago I think 

Oh okay, yeah I meant that 😅

Every time I'm reading about Wake Me Up When September Ends, the writer always says that it is "unrelated" to the rest of the album.  

But it fits perfectly into the narrative.     

In the album, there is a step dad named brad.   The father is clearly absent.   

But within the context of the record, the song is mourning the loss of Whatshername, and what she showed him about his existence and life in "Letterbomb", which along with Wake me Up When September Ends and Homecoming make up the most crucial part of the story. 

She leaves him.   He's sad.   He takes his world weary butt back home.      

• Like 2

Listening to Warning while I cook for Thanksgiving. It really is the perfect apocalyptic Thanksgiving album. Warning, Deadbeat Holiday, Hold On, Macys Day Parade. Feels appropriate for 2020

• Like 2

A unique performance with violin and accordion!   I've never seen this before.  

Green Day need more accordion.   

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic