Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

So let's assume that Billie's breakdown in 2012 never happened and the trilogy was just one album with the best songs out of the three. Then I think that this era was the perfect follow up to 21CB. After nearly 10 years of very serious music, concept albums and serious outfits, everything was a bit less strict. They made more fun, random and experimental songs and played in T-shirts and jeans. I really like the concept of the era.

• Like 4

With the suggestion of multiple albums coming out this year, do you guys think that is still a possibilty?

Or did No Fun Mondays kind of fill in the spot where Album 14 and maybe even 15 could have been? 

Life sometimes gets in the way of our plans but no matter what, Album 14 will come out one day.  It's at least partially formed in Billie's mind.

I am excited about solo careers for the guys as well.  We need a Trilogy

Billie 

Mike

Tres!

27 minutes ago, That Dude said:

With the suggestion of multiple albums coming out this year, do you guys think that is still a possibilty?

Not really... I think NFM is all we get this year, but they might record an album to release before the tour starts.

• Like 1

I have seen 3 separate people wearing Green Day t-shirts this week. All had the trioligy era logos/artwork too.

Makes my day everytime.

*Me thinking Green Day is this totally unknown band and there is like 5 of us who knows about them*

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, That Dude said:

You and I are actually the only people that know about Green Day.   I've been pranking you all these years, making it seem as if they were bigger than they were.   I paid other people to go along with it.    It's all fake.  

I fucking knew it.

• Like 1

Always thought the music video for The Disease by Antiflag was uncannily similar to the Back in the USA music video (my personal favorite GD vid) 

Recently read that both videos were inspired by the same movie.

• Like 2

idk if anyone watches the chase, i was watching it on netflix and in the 2nd episode he makes fun of a guy for not knowing that green day wrote american idiot, it was pretty funny.

• Like 1

I was discussing music with my dad and uncle today. In the midst of it, I asked my uncle what he thought about Green Day, and he gives the typical non-fan response (“They all sound the same”). Okay, fine. He then gives a general idea of what he thinks most Green Day songs sound like, and ends up humming the first couple seconds of Paper Lantern’s opening guitar riff perfectly. I had to turn around and process what I had heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still Breathing was just played on the radio and it rocked - the drums were great,  don’t remember particularly noticing Tre’s drumming in this before now!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Ok so was anybody going to tell me Billie performed with a jazz band or

I have dreamed about Billie covering this song and this just made my month LOL. That was beyond hot. ❤️ 

On 7/28/2020 at 7:26 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I saw this on Twitter and thought of the Kevin fans on the board 😂

I can't stop laughing now over "Large Kevin." 🤣Is anyone else, um, interpreting that the same way as me? 😶It's almost 10 on Saturday night cut me some slack LOL.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:26 AM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I just got so excited because "Holiday" was playing on the radio in my taxi! I never usually hear GD on the radio here in the UK 

I got to hear American Idiot and Holiday on my drive in to work this morning!  Must be a holiday kind of day!

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic