Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

12 hours ago, herewegoagain said:

21 pilots is a good call but my first thought was, and still is, they must've been listening to Noel Gallagher - another increasingly problematic British icon for Billie to love on, checks out  :sherlock: :P

Yeah, it has similar vibes I think but I personally prefer his little brother’s works much more lol Billie loves British bands, mentioned The Cure recently and it honestly made me happy 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

The line "I found a knife by the railroad track / You took a train and you can't go back" from Outlaws always reminds me of one of my favourite scenes from the Harry Potter books.

In the last book where Harry meets Dumbledore at King's Cross and Dumbledore tells him "I think that if you decided not to go back, you would be able to ... let's say ... board a train" and Harry asks him: "And where would it take me?" And Dumbledore replies: "On."

And I'm like

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Part of me really liked the fact each album since Dookie came out one year later than the last until 21CB, now there's no pattern to how the album's come out and I don't like it

• Love 1

Why can't I stay in the MTV World Stage 2009 performance era.... so many memories. 

Remember this previous valentine's tweet from Billie:

And this from the Longshot - "Love is for Losers":

• Haha 1
  • Love 3

21 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I was overjoyed when Billie said he loved The Cure. They're one of my most favorite bands and I was like AHHHH Billie loves them too! Excellent taste 👌

Mano y mano in stereo without a Cure! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

this version of Jinx really makes it stand out as the sad "I'm a bad person to have a relationship with" song and I prefer it to the album version (that never really worked for me)

I love Jinx and especially the lyrics for it. I agree though, that particular version of it hits harder. Same goes for Stuart!

18 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I love Jinx and especially the lyrics for it. I agree though, that particular version of it hits harder. Same goes for Stuart!

It's such a great song that I've been overlooking for years

• Like 1

On 2/14/2020 at 8:03 AM, kaylubd said:

I was overjoyed when Billie said he loved The Cure. They're one of my most favorite bands and I was like AHHHH Billie loves them too! Excellent taste 👌

when did Billie mention that? 

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

when did Billie mention that? 

It was during a recent radio interview. I think it was the Alt 105 one.

• Like 1

Walking Contradiction is such an excellent song. The lyrics are so well written.

• Like 4

I'm making a playlist for my job since the company turns 30 this year and I am making sure to include Green Day, dammit! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

I'm making a playlist for my job since the company turns 30 this year and I am making sure to include Green Day, dammit! 

Make sure you post playlist,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaylubd said:

Is it hard to make?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Is it hard to make?

No it was pretty easy because I had to go with a tame, hit single since it's for work :P

The instrumentation of Cigarettes and Valentines in some places sounds a lot like American Idiot. Seriously. They were going to evolve whether Dookie fans liked it or not, haha. It's so obvious to me tbh, I wonder if it'd be even more obvious on the studio recorded track 🤔

Go to 2:21 and listen if you think it's a stretch!

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic