Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I probably haven't listened to Governator since it came out and have no idea what it actually sounds like anymore. Every time it comes on those "HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY"s instantly pisses me off and I skip the song as fast as humanly possible. 

Totally random, but I love your new profile picture @jengd! It reminds me of Billies Dennis the Menace shirt from the Reading 2013 gig with the glasses he's been wearing in the FOAM era 

• Like 3

I'd never heard this before :o

Hearing even the first verse acoustic is a totally different take on the song. It shows how sad it actually is, rather than just an angry song about a breakup. This is why Green Day should play acoustic more often! Also, of course, "quirked up" and the mess that follows :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

I'd never heard this before :o

Hearing even the first verse acoustic is a totally different take on the song. It shows how sad it actually is, rather than just an angry song about a breakup. This is why Green Day should play acoustic more often! Also, of course, "quirked up" and the mess that follows :lol:

😂 Classic Billie. Forgetting lyrics for decades 

• Haha 4

I always sing qUiRkEd Up because of that version lol. I'd love it if they started playing some acoustic songs but knowing this, sometimes infuriating, band and their reluctancy to any kind of change in their shows I won't hold my breath. 

6 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I wonder if Billie ever considered trying to put up a neutral expression during interviews 

tumblr_pak5132hwE1vrw1nko1_500.jpg

5844a8de0be988c9e86f5e609613c73c62269e3c

or if this is it 

That first photo is a Big Mood™

Do you think there's anyone who refers to Billie as Bill Armstrong? Ugh I hope not. Sounds like an accountant 🤢

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

Do you think there's anyone who refers to Billie as Bill Armstrong? Ugh I hope not. Sounds like an accountant 🤢

Haha. Mike and Tre used to call him Bill in the Lookout days. I guess when you’re young you want to seem older and Billie sounds like a little kid’s name.

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That was when he was trying to keep his name a secret 

His last name was a secret for years. Armstrong didn’t appear on an album until American Idiot

• Like 4

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

His last name was a secret for years. Armstrong didn’t appear on an album until American Idiot

I've noticed and it's always seemed a little strange to me because everyone knew his name anyway and it appeared in the song credits too. He must have liked the idea of going by his first name a lot.

• Like 1

She is still best Green Day song ever, I just love it sooo much. It won't ever again sound live as good as it did 10 years ago, but I think I've finally come to peace with that fact. I can just go back and enjoy the amount of effort The Boys™ put for 21CB album and everything that followed after that (musical, tour, everything).

• Like 2

Christie Road used to be one of my least favourite Green Day songs. It gradually grew on me after seeing it live and now I've been there, I actually love it! It's really relaxing, too.

• Like 4

• Liam unpinned this topic