Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

go to 3:56 of boulevard of broken dreams bullet in a bible and watch and listen till the end. if that was the final moments of the american idiot era, or even green day i’d be okay with it in a sense. 

i don’t even like BOBD too much but the end of that live performance is haunting

• Like 1

I've heard people had a pretty good experience with getting help from the Warner store, but I'm having the opposite. Not only am I waiting up to a month for reply, they're not even reading my requests properly. I just want to switch out a freaking item. I don't know why that's so hard when none of these items are even out yet. 

Well I finally got a proper response from Warner customer service. Just in case anyone wants to change their order, you'll have to contact them and ask them to cancel it and reorder it - they're not able to change orders once they're placed. That doesn't make sense to me since these items aren't even out yet, but whatever. 

I know green day songs typically don't appear on good movies but i just randomly saw Stop, Drop and Roll in Get Him To The Greek and I must say it's very appropriately used during a gag that involves an asshole 10/10

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

I know green day songs typically don't appear on good movies but i just randomly saw Stop, Drop and Roll in Get Him To The Greek and I must say it's very appropriately used during a gag that involves an asshole 10/10

Omg I forgot about that part! I love Get Him to the Greek and I remember freaking out in the theater when I heard it!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2014 at 8:33 AM, Guest said:

So does anyone wonder how the loss of a testicle affected Tré's drumming and general contribution to the band? He's always had a very aggressive but conservative style. I think that the aggression is born out of his testicular inadequacy, and the the conservativeness comes from the lack of testosterone needed to challenge Billie to expand his playing style. Perhaps if it weren't for a simple unicycle accident, Tré might be one of the most exciting and groundbreaking drummers in world music, instead of a high-hats and fills in 4/4 man. Green Day could be pushing themselves to greater and greater heights. Who knows, Tré might even have had the balls (pun intended) to call out Billie before iHeart, thus making the Trilogy not a complete mass of shit.

Moral of the story is: don't jump on a unicycle kids, it'll ruin your drumming, make your friends go to rehab, and turn your albums into flops.

I have one, and it doesn't effect me at all as far as I can tell. 

It felt weird but after a year or so I was used to it. 

Facebook is reminding that it has been 10 years since I filmed this incredibly high quality video with an amazing Nokia N70 2MP camera. 21CB tour in Bologna, 11/11/2009.

1138697_10200966610360263_48797_n.mp4?_n 

I can't believe 10 fucking years have passed since this tour, I still remember as yesterday that mosh pit and that asshole holding a fucking hat in the air. 21st century breakdown was an awesome opener, a great tour, and that stage design is still in my hearth ❤️ 

• Like 3

"Please stop listening to these bands. They are selling their soul to the devil." - that's what I say to myself when they do something i don't like :lol:

• Haha 4

I like how the last posts of this were about seeing the band in 2009, how time flies and how great those times were watching them. I use to watch videos from the Breakdown era time to time just make a reality check into myself that I saw them in that era too and probably it was a total peak in terms of quality of performance. That fire is somewhat gone right now but I can feel only gratitude for what happened in those shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, solongfromthestars said:

I thought I'd received some regular I ❤︎ God spam, But Then I Realised... Satan is coming if I don't "stop listening to these bands"

RlypNI2.jpg

Hope you're all ready to REPENT

But they’re God’s favorite band.  Haven’t they heard that Green Day saves? 😇

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Enjoy The Silence said:

I have known and liked Green Day alot since 2005, but it was in september this year that I decided really to listen to them from their first album to their last. I haven't heard all albums yet but I'm getting there. I'm surprise by how much I really like Green Day. I can't get enoght and I really didn't know how great they really are. 

It's hard to explain how much I really like them. I really understand people, most of you, who have them as their favorite band. It is going to be very hard to not say they are my favorite band. Just in case I wrote that wrong. Green Day is not my favorite band. 

To sum up, Green Day really is something else. I'm lost for words! 

Welcome to the insanity. I was you a few years ago. It’s hard not to get sucked in, but you might find it’s worth it.  🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Welcome to the insanity. I was you a few years ago. It’s hard not to get sucked in, but you might find it’s worth it.  🙂

Thank you. I really do think it's worth it. Like I wrote, I can't get enoght right now. When I see them Live next year, we see for real how I feel

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Enjoy The Silence said:

Thank you. I really do think it's worth it. Like I wrote, I can't get enoght right now. When I see them Live next year, we see for real how I feel

Seeing them live for the first time was what did it to me 💚 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Seeing them live for the first time was what did it to me 💚 

Maybe the history will repeat itself 🙂

• Like 2

On 11/13/2019 at 4:19 AM, solongfromthestars said:

I thought I'd received some regular I ❤︎ God spam, But Then I Realised... Satan is coming if I don't "stop listening to these bands"

RlypNI2.jpg

Hope you're all ready to REPENT

SAVE YOURSELVES

• Haha 1

I fell on this video a little after discovering GD's existence and I kept binge watching it. The words Billie say at the start and the tone of the whole performance were the best things (by far, very far) I had ever heard. Like entering a new, bright dimension. I still remember well how I first felt then, when I listen to it today. In passing that's a quality video taken from an appropriate distance

Next thing was "ok they're starting a tour, oh they're coming to Paris, I'm gonna buy a ticket" :P but I nearly died so I didn't enjoy it that much the first time

• Love 3

I'm so happy rn☺️ Billie, Mike and Tre followed me last nite on insta. Well not on their regular/main accounts, but they followed me on the accounts they have for their puppets!

3 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I saw this AI era photo on instagram the other day and I don't know why but I never remember seeing Jason White wearing eyeliner!

f7E7VZ0.jpg

iJ19flO.png

Same i didn't know he has worn it before🤣

7 questions I would ask Billie if the opportunity presents itself:

1) how do you play exactly the Forever Now opening riff?

**supposing we have a few minutes more**

2) what or whom were you thinking of when writing and composing Brutal Love? Fell for You? and Walk Away?

3) What’s your favorite sandwich? (especially when you're starving - mine would be chicken mayonnaise)

**a bit drunk and having particularly good conversing conditions**

4) do you understand so many fans finding you gorgeous or are you just not really conscious of it?

5) are you self-conscious about weight and physical appearance? (because I find you way better and more beautiful with some weight and ~bellie~ on)

6) how do you live approaching the age when your dad passed away? (I guess it must be a mix of gratefulness to be still alive and healthy at that age and also sadness that your dad passed away at that quite young age… but if you say you feel guilty or something like that you deserve a slap ^^)

**very drunk and having a conversation in improbably good conditions, very relaxed and with no one around)**

7) do you like to have sex while being tied up? and gagged, while we’re at it?

ok bye

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Man, this place is a ghost town lately!  

I guess without spoiling the album, we can't really get more singles right now.   

live performances are great, so I'm not complaining.  This era seems like the Trilogy before things went haywire, so fingers crossed that it goes well this time!  

I don't ask too much of Green Day.  The Trilogy and Rev Rad not getting enough promotion and singles are my only issues.  3 singles just aren't enough, especially in today's music world.    All the sucky bands and artists are dropping 9 singles before their album even comes out.   Green Day are the one artist that SHOULD be doing that, but aren't.  

Can somebody take back Blink-182's latest singles and give us some Green Day ones in their place?   They can even be old songs,  just get that headache inducing "I REALLY WISH I HATED YOU" out of the spotlight, please!  

On 11/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I saw this AI era photo on instagram the other day and I don't know why but I never remember seeing Jason White wearing eyeliner!

f7E7VZ0.jpg

iJ19flO.png

That's my favorite photo of the live Green Day band.   Aaah, what a time that was!  

I think the Big Three should be aloud to go on tour as "Green Day", but with cheap prices!     

Green Day - coming to you hole-in-the-wall bar (will NOT sell out, come by when you please :)

• Like 2

• Liam unpinned this topic