Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I love the fact that Jason is the one screaming the 'gotta let it go' part in this performance of LYG. I see him as this very quiet, shy, sweet guy so it throws me a bit every time I hear it lol. Hopefully the new album gives him the opportunity to do more of it though 'cause it sounds damn good. He has that kind of, in lack of better words 'cause I can't really describe it, desperation in his voice that I fucking love. 

21 minutes ago, Nightlife said:

I love the fact that Jason is the one screaming the 'gotta let it go' part in this performance of LYG. I see him as this very quiet, shy, sweet guy so it throws me a bit every time I hear it lol. Hopefully the new album gives him the opportunity to do more of it though 'cause it sounds damn good. He has that kind of, in lack of better words 'cause I can't really describe it, desperation in his voice that I fucking love. 

Jason sounds great doing the screams. This is totally the way LYG should be done. And yeah, hearing Pinhead Gunpowder and learning that this is the same Jason White from Green Day was a shock, but in a good way.

• Like 1

2 days ago I livestreamed myself playing over 50 Green Day songs in a row with guitar. Holy fuck my hand is still hurting from it :D I wonder how the boys feel after every show.

With people wondering if Kevin is replacing Jeff, but being unsure because of Jeff's responses to people, it has me thinking about a possibility. Completely unfounded of course, but remember that interview with Linda Perry, where she accused the guys of basically firing her as their producer without telling her? Imagine if that's what was happening here. It's not a theory I actually believe, just reminded me of what she said lol

Is it just me or is Billie’s guitar mixer channel set louder since 2012/13? When i watch old videos of performances it sounds like we just hear Jason‘s guitar at a normal volume but Billie‘s volume is set much lower (e.g. Holiday, American Idiot,...). To me it sounds like Billie‘s guitar is much louder and more „hearable“ since the trilogy era 🤔

Oakland Coffee got back to me & said the one bag of coffee was still on back order & they are happy to fill my order when stock arrives or I can cancel the order😫 

I really just want the t-shirt😃

3 minutes ago, The Insider said:

Oakland Coffee got back to me & said the one bag of coffee was still on back order & they are happy to fill my order when stock arrives or I can cancel the order😫 

I really just want the t-shirt😃

How the hell is coffee on backorder for a coffee company

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When will we get a self-titled album?  

When will Mike stop describing songs and albums as "firing on all cylinders"?   

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How am I only now discovering that he sang Amy on the RevRad tour? 

It was one time, for Amy of the Interrupters birthday.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

One good thing about Jeff (hear me out), is that he said he's wanted the guys to play Whatsername for a while now, which I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with. What a good song that is...

True. But then again if he has such little influence that it doesn’t happen then what good is he? 😜

• Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic