Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just now, jengd said:

You don’t have buy anything, there is option for just requesting the code.

Not for Europe. Going with the newsletter code instead though, it's just a day later anyway. 

36 minutes ago, The Insider said:

My Oakland Coffee - when it eventually arrives is gonna be stale - at least I purchased a coffee/shirt combo.

How long ago did you purchase it? 

1 hour ago, stories and songs said:

I just spent some time looking back on comments I made during the RevRad era on here. And it's strange; I'm excited for this new era, but I feel like I've been mourning that period of my life as a fan. It was just the most special, beautiful, magical era for me as a fan — it was the moment they grew into the band I always dreamed they could be, in every way imaginable. I was so happy — at my peak of being profoundly in love with this band, and in love with loving them. Everything felt perfect and honest and just so them — every interview, every performance. I wanted to hold on to that feeling this time around, but I'm not sure I'll be able to based on how the band is describing the general vibe. During the RevRad era, Billie used to talk about how each night was "a celebration, not a party." Now it seems like we're back to the party. And that's okay, I guess. Times change. But I think I will always be a little heartbroken that we're moving on from that era.

That’s exactly how I feel too. The RevRad era reflected my feelings at that time 100% because I had just overcome a very hard chapter of my life myself and was „back in the saddle“, ready to live and be happy again. And once again Green Day had magically put into words where I stood right now and what I felt, unable to put it into words myself. They were my beacon, once again. 

I understand that they’re in a different place now and that they want to move on, but to be honest, I don’t really know or understand where they are, and most of all, I don’t feel it. I’m  somewhere else. A lot in this new era still seems weird and forced to me, and it feels .... heavy for some reason. It’s not their fault, I know, and I don’t blame them. It’s just how I feel and I’m glad to know that I’m not the only weird one :)

• Like 4

I always love it when a news outlet is doing a report on Green Day and they try so hard to sound professional and keep a straight face when they have to talk about Dookie. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

...Morrissey :lol:

Nah, Morrissey validates my fanfic theory. Billie can't resist fascists 😏

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Bellie said:

Nah, Morrissey validates my fanfic theory. Billie can't resist fascists 😏

Yeah that's clearly true :lol: I'd just say that fascists count as bad company.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah that's clearly true :lol: I'd just say that fascists count as bad company.

Poor D... Morrissey 😋

If he's really a fascist, i agree (perhaps that's slightly more possible than K... Jeff being an asshole 😁

15 years of American Idiot has me in my feelings. I know fifteen years is a long time, but honestly, it feels longer. Like another lifetime. I grew up listening to Green Day, but AI was the first Green Day album that was mine and not my parents. I was twelve, and starting to realize that my world view and moral ideas were different from my entire family. I pretty much lived with headphones on, listening to the album on repeat. I felt less alone that way.

I don't remember if this was said when we were still discussing the possible meaning of "Foam" (apart from those who had decided they would get the meaning beforehand on their own, and for themselves... while still letting people here aware of their feat :rolleyes:), but as an non-native American I found out that the verb foam is a synonym to lather. I needed a translation of that verb from French to English today, that's how I saw it.

So, Green Day foams the fuckers it could be. Or Green Day are the fuckers left on the foam. "foamf"

8 hours ago, The Bellie said:

I don't remember if this was said when we were still discussing the possible meaning of "Foam" (apart from those who had decided they would get the meaning beforehand on their own, and for themselves... while still letting people here aware of their feat :rolleyes:), but as an non-native American I found out that the verb foam is a synonym to lather. I needed a translation of that verb from French to English today, that's how I saw it.

So, Green Day foams the fuckers it could be. Or Green Day are the fuckers left on the foam. "foamf"

This is why it needs to be FOAM and not FOAMF, FOAM is the perfect acronym!

Billie is totally killing the falsetto live. But I just realised it sounds not dissimilar to his "funny" high pitched puppet voice he does and I'm never going to un-think this 😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

This is why it needs to be FOAM and not FOAMF, FOAM is the perfect acronym!

Billie is totally killing the falsetto live. But I just realised it sounds not dissimilar to his "funny" high pitched puppet voice he does and I'm never going to un-think this 😩

Indeed, he's killing it live. The puppet was a training for foam all along :lol:

• Haha 2

The thought of Forever Now not being in their setlist anymore makes me want to cry. One of my all time favourite songs and the live performance is just amazing. That level of energy and passion UGH please don't skip it this tour :cry:

Really kinda pissed that Green Day are with 99.9% certainty going to skip Reading next year (the scheduling reveals it). Always wanted to see them at that festival and never got the chance. Don't think they'll do Glastonbury either, but who knows. Maybe they'll be at in Reading 2021, or 2022 or 2023 etc.

EDIT: They're in Britain exactly around the Glastonbury dates, so it would be logistically possible. Still don't think it's gonna happen though...

20 hours ago, Hermione said:

Well now none of us can un-think it THANKS HERMIONE. :lol:

I have a friend who is a singer and she texted me the other day, "Just heard the new Green Day song. Holy falsetto." LOL.

• Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic