Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Random Green Day Thoughts

• Please log in to reply
1390 replies to this topic

Fuzz

Fuzz
  • Professional Cocksmith

• 38,517 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2004
  • 15,746 rep

POPULAR

A little thread so people can have a place to share random thoughts that don't really fit anywhere else or warrant their own thread. I'll start.

I watched Reading 2013 again tonight for some reason. It was just a suggested video on YouTube, so I put on my headphones and turned it up. God I loved it. Stop When The Red Lights Flash is amazing live. And Billie's vocals on Brutal Love, especially the high part on "Something for my troubled mind", it's just spot on. I watched that part over like 5 times.

Watching them perform this mish-mash of songs from their entire career, then throwing in the entirety of Dookie in the middle of it at all, really just reminded me how great their music is. It's nice to be reminded from time to time that you can watch a 2 hour concert of theirs and just fall into the music. Start trying to analyze the songs and how you interpret them, or try to understand what Billie was thinking when he wrote them. There's not a lot of music out there that I really fall into like that. I like catchy tunes, songs that I sing along with and have good melody, but it's very rare for me to really admire a song enough to want to analyze it. So that was the past 2 hours watching this concert. I have all these random thoughts going through my head while watching. "Fuck they sound good." "It's amazing how much sound and energy can be brought on the stage by 3 guys who grew up together". "Fuck what am I doing with my life, I want to bring something positive like that to lots of people". "They need more fast songs like Stop When The Red Lights Flash, that should have been a single. They should have played it on Letterman. It would have been huge." 

And many many many more thoughts. So feel free to leave your random Green Day thoughts here and we'll see where this goes.

• Lone, The Disappearing Boy, Anja and 17 others like this

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • Ringleader of the Tormentors

• 13,705 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,262 rep

POPULAR

It only really struck me yesterday how incredible the lyrics of Jesus Of Suburbia are. Obviously loads of people love the "home is where the heart is" line, but every single verse speaks to me on some level. For a song with so many lines to be so consistently great lyrically is just mindblowing. There's just so much that seems to get overlooked due to its length. Plus the craftsmanship in putting so many "soundbite" type lines together and making it not seem over the top is admirable.
  • thatdude03, ConfirmPassword, JellyTime and 9 others like this

Ritz

Ritz
  • I am the motherfucking best- Mike Dirnt.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,067 posts
  • Joined Mar 27, 2012
  • 7,394 rep

Good that we can rant about our Green Day thoughts here!

I love watching random videos of Waiting being played live. And sometimes, I just go on watching interviews and biographical documentaries. (Reads: MTV Driven) They just inspire me to no end.

HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade
  • And now for something completely different...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts
  • Joined Feb 15, 2013
  • 2,803 rep

The first minute of Homecoming is the best part of American Idiot

• Doggins likes this

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée

• 15,696 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,754 rep

POPULAR

I listened to Whatsername on mu way home today, it came on shuffle on my iPod. The "forgetting you but not the time" part always makes my ballsack tingle.
  • Anja, Florence, Kayfabe and 7 others like this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,172 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,145 rep

POPULAR

Is this a good place for me to post my Tré's missing testicle theory that got me my second ban?

• Doggins, Tubbie Head, Supa Hot Fire and 10 others like this

Sarcasm

Sarcasm
  • Panty Purée

• 15,696 posts
  • Joined Mar 18, 2009
  • 9,754 rep

Is this a good place for me to post my Tré's missing testicle theory that got me my second ban?

I'll allow it.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,172 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,145 rep

POPULAR

So does anyone wonder how the loss of a testicle affected Tré's drumming and general contribution to the band? He's always had a very aggressive but conservative style. I think that the aggression is born out of his testicular inadequacy, and the the conservativeness comes from the lack of testosterone needed to challenge Billie to expand his playing style. Perhaps if it weren't for a simple unicycle accident, Tré might be one of the most exciting and groundbreaking drummers in world music, instead of a high-hats and fills in 4/4 man. Green Day could be pushing themselves to greater and greater heights. Who knows, Tré might even have had the balls (pun intended) to call out Billie before iHeart, thus making the Trilogy not a complete mass of shit.

Moral of the story is: don't jump on a unicycle kids, it'll ruin your drumming, make your friends go to rehab, and turn your albums into flops.

• Misterglasshalfempty, Supa Hot Fire, Lindsay and 13 others like this

ColourMeWaiting

ColourMeWaiting
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined May 09, 2009
  • 509 rep

POPULAR

This thread is the Unpopular Green Day Opinions thread, without all the negativity and nit-picking. I love it. :happy:

• whatsername, Fuzz, Tubbie Head and 7 others like this

Marrymebilliejoe

Marrymebilliejoe
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined Oct 05, 2012
  • 319 rep

I just find it amazing how one band has resonated so well with me. I was listening to my ipod and "Judge's Daughter" came on. I rocked out and then "X-Kid" came on next. And I proceeded to rock out again. I mean I sincerely love all of their stuff. (Except for a few songs here and there.)

/endmushycomment

• Tubbie Head, ColourMeWaiting and Doctor of Pepper like this

Jean

Jean
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts
  • Joined Dec 01, 2012
  • 3,812 rep

I love it when Billie does an acoustic part of their set in concerts. I wish he did it on the last tour. Especially when he plays their pre-Dookie songs acoustically like Words I Might Have Ate, 80, Minnesota Girl (I NEED A STUDIO RECORDING OF THIS ASAP BILLIE). This is why I want them to do an unplugged album.

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Loving Isn't Knowing

• 11,459 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 11,126 rep

This thread is the Unpopular Green Day Opinions thread, without all the negativity and nit-picking. I love it. :happy:

Give it time :)

• ColourMeWaiting, Céadóg, Darth Praxus and 1 other like this

Oxymore

Oxymore
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Joined Sep 17, 2013
  • 2,534 rep

Tré is fucking sexy sometimes. (is that an unpopular opinion ?)

The Disappearing Boy

The Disappearing Boy
  • British Idiot.

• 15,641 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2007
  • 3,088 rep

So does anyone wonder how the loss of a testicle affected Tré's drumming and general contribution to the band? He's always had a very aggressive but conservative style. I think that the aggression is born out of his testicular inadequacy, and the the conservativeness comes from the lack of testosterone needed to challenge Billie to expand his playing style. Perhaps if it weren't for a simple unicycle accident, Tré might be one of the most exciting and groundbreaking drummers in world music, instead of a high-hats and fills in 4/4 man. Green Day could be pushing themselves to greater and greater heights. Who knows, Tré might even have had the balls (pun intended) to call out Billie before iHeart, thus making the Trilogy not a complete mass of shit.

Moral of the story is: don't jump on a unicycle kids, it'll ruin your drumming, make your friends go to rehab, and turn your albums into flops.

How the hell did THAT get you banned?!

• Doctor of Pepper likes this

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,172 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 19,145 rep

How the hell did THAT get you banned?!

I started a new thread with it. Mods used to be very tetchy :P

• The Disappearing Boy likes this

Advertising

xxPistolxx

xxPistolxx
  • Little One

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2013
  • 43 rep

Its amazing to me, how all of these songs determine my mood, or help me when i'm in a bad mood. I mean, when i listen to other bands, i love the music. But Green Day are very different. There's so much more than just the music, its just epic. The lyrics never fail to move something inside me. And sometimes, when i listen to songs, i feel like im taking them for granted, so i listen to them again just to feel them. Its just so amazing, how their music makes me better. 

Tré is fucking sexy sometimes. (is that an unpopular opinion ?)

Not sometimes. All the time. And his hair, just so fucking awesome. 

If Tre was a woman, he would be the hottest woman on earth. 

I think that is an unpopular/random opinion. :)

• Oxymore likes this

Dirntbag

Dirntbag
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,894 posts
  • Joined Jan 15, 2012
  • 2,569 rep

I was listening to Dookie the other day and re-realized how cool of a song 'In The End' is.

• Fuzz likes this

Bastard of 1969

Bastard of 1969
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Joined Dec 18, 2012
  • 854 rep
  • Location:Somewhere over the country with financial problems and not so smart politicians

I'm gonna like this because it became popular.

Mara Garcia Green Day

Mara Garcia Green Day
  • Hiddles ♥

• 5,495 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2013
  • 8,225 rep

I haven't listened anything from Green Day besides the trilogy since ¡Uno! came out, and now Foreverly and i feel like i don't need the other albums right now, i'm so in love with the trilogy :P 

• Ryan, Clockwise, beejeezee and 1 other like this

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • Unterm Tisch... sind die Füße.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,155 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,874 rep

I listened to westbound sign yesterday and omg it's one of the best songs ever.

• JOE THE X-KID likes this

Makingyourmascarableed

Makingyourmascarableed
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Joined Apr 03, 2010
  • 227 rep

Sometimes I just take a day every few weeks or so and just listen to purely Green Day music. Whether albums front to back or all their songs on shuffle and watch interviews and live performances on youtube. It brightens up that day and I'm always singing along to them every time. 

• Dirntbag likes this

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,668 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,620 rep

I'm surprised there aren't a lot of pictures of Billie's dick on the internet. He flashed the crowd at least a dozen times during the Dookie and Insomniac tours. Were cameras that slow in 1994?

How's that for random thought? Do I win?

• thatdude03 and Dirntbag like this

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Dearly Beloved

• 6,080 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 1,120 rep

I'm surprised there aren't a lot of pictures of Billie's dick on the internet. He flashed the crowd at least a dozen times during the Dookie and Insomniac tours. Were cameras that slow in 1994?

Cell phone cameras did not exsist in 94 lol

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,668 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,620 rep

Cell phone cameras did not exsist in 94 lol

Did I say cell phone cameras? augenbrauen.gif Jesus Christ, Tim. :lol:

WhiteTim

WhiteTim
  • Dearly Beloved

• 6,080 posts
  • Joined May 16, 2010
  • 1,120 rep

Did I say cell phone cameras? http://www.ford-forum.de/images/smilies/... Jesus Christ, Tim. :lol:

Well regular cameras arent really allowed in most clubs/venues

So photos from shows wont be as much as the days of cell phone cameras

Anja

Anja
  • We are what we believe!

• 13,376 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2007
  • 1,389 rep

People back then probably just appreciated music more and enjoyed the concerts they went to. Though I'm thankful for the videos we've got from back then so I won't complain.

KarlyLovesGD

KarlyLovesGD
  • Meyohimeyoi

• 5,065 posts
  • Joined Jun 17, 2011
  • 2,895 rep

I was picking up pizza maybe a week or two ago and this really punk looking dude (probably in his 30s) that worked there complemented my Green Day necklace and we just started talking about Green Day. It was awesome. I love Green Day.  :lol:

• Tubbie Head, Mara Garcia Green Day and Doctor of Pepper like this

Darth Praxus

Darth Praxus
  • Blasphemy Chickenstrips

• 2,608 posts
  • Joined Sep 27, 2012
  • 3,619 rep

It only really struck me yesterday how incredible the lyrics of Jesus Of Suburbia are. Obviously loads of people love the "home is where the heart is" line, but every single verse speaks to me on some level. For a song with so many lines to be so consistently great lyrically is just mindblowing. There's just so much that seems to get overlooked due to its length. Plus the craftsmanship in putting so many "soundbite" type lines together and making it not seem over the top is admirable.

I'm always just blown away by how different JOS sounds compared to anything else in their catalog. Even compared to everything else on AI. It just sounds so huge and epic, and Dearly Beloved is so understated and beautiful, and the ending solo is so joyful and full of freedom that I almost can't take it. The production is so spectacular, it blows anything else they've ever done away.

• The Disappearing Boy, Doctor of Pepper and Not Anyone. like this

Mara Garcia Green Day

Mara Garcia Green Day
  • Hiddles ♥

• 5,495 posts
  • Joined Jan 25, 2013
  • 8,225 rep

Why you want a picture of Billie's dick?!  :lol:

• thatdude03 likes this

inthehallwaynow

inthehallwaynow
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,848 posts
  • Joined Sep 22, 2012
  • 5,264 rep

i wish i could soar above the clouds with billie and we could gab about our favorite cumulus shapes 

• Florence, Mara Garcia Green Day and Doctor of Pepper like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users