Happy 22nd Birthday Kerplunk!

Give_Me_Novacaine90

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only one when this album was released... weird to think that while I was busy teething, eating mush, and sitting in a high chair Green Day was releasing what would become one of my favorite albums :wub:

that's kind of trippy

wow it's old. not a green day favorite but still listen to it sometimes! :)

It's about eight years older than me. It's one of my favourites. Lol. :)

Kerplunk has been growing on me, anything pre-dookie, never jumped out at me other than the hits like At the Library, Going to Pasalacqua and 2000 Light Years Away. but now both 1,039 and Kerplunk have become albums I'm listening to more. especially 80, it didn't appeal to me at first, but now I love listening to it!

I was only 6 months old when Kerplunk game out. Brilliant album. It's a shame it gets so overlooked due to the production quality, it's got some amazing songs on it. 2,000 Light Years Away, One For The Razorbacks, the original Welcome To Paradise, Christie Road and One Of My Lies are essential listening, in my opinion. I reckon the opening tracks make up the strongest three song run of anything they did pre-American Idiot, where that was blown out of the water by JOS, Holiday and BOBD.

I was only one when this album was released... weird to think that while I was busy teething, eating mush, and sitting in a high chair Green Day was releasing what would become one of my favorite albums :wub:

weird to think i was like -6 when this album came out

I rarely listen to 1039/SOSH and Kerplunk. Dunno why.

Cause you're a chump :P

and It actually came out late December 91 on vinyl, then the CD came out Jan 92

Cause you're a chump :P

and It actually came out late December 91 on vinyl, then the CD came out Jan 92

That's an honor ;)

Got Kerplunk! on repeat while delivering pizzas tonight.

Don't forget the alternative cover (which was only on shirts):

2sbs.jpg

i never knew that!

Oh yeah, it's Kerplunk's birthday isn't it. I like 1,039 better, but Kerplunk still rocks! It's about 5 years older than me! lol

I like how the production of Kerplunk is kind of shitty and raw, but I must admit it would be nice to hear the songs re recorded

Happy Birthday, Kerplunk! :banana: you're 1 year older than me :D I'll listen to it in celebration today

Gosh, I remember when this came out. Loved it then and still love it now! The guys were awesome to see live back then and to hear some of these songs when they first came out sounded great! Happy Birthday Kerplunk!!!

Happy birthday!! Such a great album! What is everyone's favorite song from Kerplunk?

First: Happy B-Day Kerplunk! Great album!!

Second: Is there an alternate cover for this album??? Really??? I've never seen that picture.

Is there an alternate cover for this album??? Really??? I've never seen that picture.

i never knew that!

It's only available on this t-shirt, which - I think - first came out when they released the white vinyl re-releases for "39/Smooth" and "Kerplunk".

You can still buy the shirt: http://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/green-day/view/?id=6966&cid=1939

Nice oficial live version of 2000 LYA from Barcelona, btw. To commemorate Kerplunk anniversary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cwQIQc2kA

Archived