Good Times Gone playing "Dookie" on its 20th Anniversary!

McBain

Hey guys! It's Kyle here from Good Times Gone out of Chicago, IL! I have a very special show I want to bring to anyones attention! February 1st, 2014 marks the 20th anniversary of "dookie" and my band will be playing the entire thing front to back in honor of the guys since they've taken a break. Each other band on the bill will be playing a song from a non-dookie album to pay their tributes to them as well! This is a spectacular way to pay tribute to the guys who for many of us, wouldn't have punk rock music in their veins! The show is in Steger, IL at the Another Hole in the Wall venue! I don't usually like to promote shows or anything on this community but this is basically turning up to be a "Green Day fan meet up" as I've heard a lot of people say! Katie McPansy will also be there, I know a lot of you know who she is.

Everyone that can make it should definitely try because this is going to be a night for Green Day! There are GD fans from Wisconsin, Minnesota, Kansas, Indiana and Missouri coming! We should make it a remake of the Chicago show Green Day played almost a year ago, that was seriously one of the best groups of people I've ever had the chance to meet! Here's the poster of the show for your pleasure!
1526550_666206226763084_1673862002_n.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome! If I was anywhere near, I'd definitely be there :happy: Love the poster too! Good luck with the show :)

Thanks for posting! I'm already excited to attend. Maybe Lizziebix can make it to the South side of Chicago! I'll PM her in case she misses this post. Do you have a Facebook link I can share on my page?

whats the cost? I assume theirs a ticket price and is anyone passing through Nebraska to get their?

What an awesome thing to do! Hope you get a fantastic turnout (will there be a recording?)

There will more than likely be cam videos of the whole thing. I may be able to get Katie to record a higher quality video, but the sound might suck really bad =/

Will there be a video of this for those of us who can't go?

There will more than likely be cam videos of the whole thing. I may be able to get Katie to record a higher quality video, but the sound might suck really bad =/

Thanks for posting! I'm already excited to attend. Maybe Lizziebix can make it to the South side of Chicago! I'll PM her in case she misses this post. Do you have a Facebook link I can share on my page?

Here's the event page! https://www.facebook.com/events/214587512054299/

Here's a link to check out our music! www.facebook.com/goodtimesgoneil or youtube.com/goodtimesgoneil

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Where's it gonna be? It sounds really cool!

It's at "Another Hole in the Wall" in Steger, IL!

whats the cost? I assume theirs a ticket price and is anyone passing through Nebraska to get their?

Just $12 bucks if you buy at the door! If you wanna get them in advance and put them on reserve, it's $10!

You guys should try to get it recorded from the soundboard.

I live in a Chicago suburb, so I would totally go, but I'll be back at school then :/ hopefully there'll be a good video!

It has been confirmed that the show will be recorded professionally, both audio and video for our non-midwestern viewers! But I still highly recommend anyone within a state radius of Illinois come to this event! It's going to be legend...............wait for it.............................................DARY

Wish I could come to this but unfortunately I'm over 4,000 miles away. Looking forward to a recording though! I might send my friend in Chicago down :P

let me know if anyone from Nebraska Is going I would love to go

Who is this lovely person I will be seeing?!

Thank you, you are so kind! I'll probably be the oldest fan there. I listen to Dookie almost every day. I'm so looking forward to February 1st! Twenty years has gone so fast! I'm sure it will be a great show! I'll try to contain myself but no promises haha! :)

Archived