Mike's Instagram post hints that something's coming...?

Punkfreak1414

Hmmm I'm even more interested now thanks to Fuzz. While I would be a little hesitant about new music so soon, it's entirely possible. It's been almost a year since Billie said about waiting it out in the RS article. Here's hoping we hear something else soon!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only that Brit is pregnant. As a consequence Mike decided to be a fulltime father, announcing that he´s gonna leave Green Day for - say - the next six years. How does that sound... :cry:

I thought the same thing.. kinda...

But for a pessimist I'm pretty optimistic.. but that aint that song and that aint that band and this aint a scene... its god damn arms race .... <- what just happened?!

Is it rude of me to want another album?

Not really after what they sent us of with last time. Three albums that were all a joke

I don't think it means a new Green Day album, of course I could always be wrong. I think in 2014, they will probably go back on tour or announce an album that'll be released in 2015 or something. I think it's still too soon after the Trilogy, considering it had 30-something songs and was supposed to be a big deal. They need some time to recover from the massive flop it turned out to be to write new good songs. So yeah, I don't think it's a new album. Probably a tour.

Mike rang me last night and told me that the big surprise is that Billie got completely rat-arsed on New Years and wrote a sequel to AI, tentatively titled Jesus Christ Supermeth-head. It's going to have Insomniac guitars and bass, AI vocals, and in a new twist, no percussion except for tambourine, after Tré, in a moment of intense boredom, set fire to all of his drums, leaving only his extensive tambourine collection he acquired for the Trilogy.

Release date: 1/4/2014

i wonder what it is they're working on... goods to know they are working on something and can't wait to find out what it is!

i wonder what it is they're working on... goods to know they are working on something and can't wait to find out what it is!

I don't think it means a new Green Day album, of course I could always be wrong. I think in 2014, they will probably go back on tour or announce an album that'll be released in 2015 or something. I think it's still too soon after the Trilogy, considering it had 30-something songs and was supposed to be a big deal. They need some time to recover from the massive flop it turned out to be to write new good songs. So yeah, I don't think it's a new album. Probably a tour.

I see what you're saying in regards to a new album being too soon and them taking time, but the way i see it, they finished the 99 Revs tour in July in Spain/Portugal. True they played Reading/Leeds/Brixton and the show in November, but that's 4 shows since July, so i look at it as if they've had 6 months between July and now. I doubt this news Mikes teasing is a new album, but I won't rule it out :)

Mike rang me last night and told me that the big surprise is that Billie got completely rat-arsed on New Years and wrote a sequel to AI, tentatively titled Jesus Christ Supermeth-head. It's going to have Insomniac guitars and bass, AI vocals, and in a new twist, no percussion except for tambourine, after Tré, in a moment of intense boredom, set fire to all of his drums, leaving only his extensive tambourine collection he acquired for the Trilogy.

Release date: 1/4/2014

See now I don't know what to believe because Tre rang me up crying last night saying that Billie Joe was on a mad one claiming that post 1999 never happened? Apparently he's running around in Leopard print thongs writing songs about being high again...

See now I don't know what to believe because Tre rang me up crying last night saying that Billie Joe was on a mad one claiming that post 1999 never happened? Apparently he's running around in Leopard print thongs writing songs about being high again...

Oh, damn, now I know where this leopard print thong came from, when I woke up this morning... But... where´s Billie now... and what´s he wearing...?

I expect it will be something to celebrate dookie. A re-release, a documentary, a tour?

Dirnt is going to be the new frontman, while Billie stays at home struggling with Mojo, since that dog still is not housebroken.

Maybe it's just that Mike got a Frenchie to fit in with the other guys. He'll call it Brojo.

On February 1st Dookie get's 20 fucking years old!

So I think there will some kind of 'anniversariy-re-relase' or something

On February 1st Dookie get's 20 fucking years old!

So I think there will some kind of 'anniversariy-re-relase' or something

Is it that soon? Wow :o

Well I guess if this is something to do with that, it's possible we'll be hearing something very soon!

A live album or the early days documentary would make the most sense I guess but we don't have any hints so all we can do is speculate. There's also the anniversaries of dookie and american idiot though.

"Fuck the past, think about now , think about the future". Lets plays Dookie in full everynight.............nah im just being a dick.

I've posted what I feel comfortable posting.

Personally what do you believe Mikes post meant? Do you think there was some big news in the making or just something small or nothing? Or are you not allowed to say anything more?

Personally what do you believe Mikes post meant? Do you think there was some big news in the making or just something small or nothing? Or are you not allowed to say anything more?

If he knows, he won't tell. That man is like ice!

he may have already mentioned it and i just missed it when scrolling through, but Andres: WHEN did you receive your little insider news? you can tell us that right?! lol

Archived