Mike's Instagram post hints that something's coming...?

Punkfreak1414

I'll be over here, holding my breath.

I am going to be wildly optimistic and assume there's something big (new album?) they've got planned right now, but we won't hear about it until the latter half of the year, hell we'll be lucky if they announce a new album come the last quarter of the year.

I am also going to be a realist and say I don't think we're going to get a new album at all this year.

Or...a live album?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anything's gonna happen, and I think you're all making fools of yourselves with your wild assumptions.

no-3.jpg

You hope Green Day loses the rest of their fans?

I LIKE THE TRILOGY OK I LIKE IT SHOOT ME SHOOT ME NOW OK I LIKE IT

I am going to be wildly optimistic and assume there's something big (new album?) they've got planned right now, but we won't hear about it until the latter half of the year, hell we'll be lucky if they announce a new album come the last quarter of the year.

I am also going to be a realist and say I don't think we're going to get a new album at all this year.

Or...a live album?

I think we all know what's going to happen...

...they're collaborating with 1D. It's so obvious.

I don't think anything's gonna happen, and I think you're all making fools of yourselves with your wild assumptions.

Yeah, no one remotely associated with them would ever do anything unexpected and without masses of buildup, especially something that sounds like an acid trip in theory.

Billie_Joe_Norah_Foreverly.jpg

Something is happening. I don't think it's a new album, but something is definitely going on behind the scenes.

But isn't it 99% likely to just be the pre-Dookie documentary? I'd bet my dog (pretty much all I have that I actually care about lol) that it's only that.

But isn't it 99% likely to just be the pre-Dookie documentary? I'd bet my dog (pretty much all I have that I actually care about lol) that it's only that

Sounds like I'll never go gambling with you.

Sounds like I'll never go gambling with you.

Haha well it's a fairly bad idea for me to go gambling with nothing but a dog anyway so I'd have to pass but I still reckon Mike is getting us all worked up over that documentary...unless you have secret insider nudgy hints suggesting otherwise ;)

Haha well it's a fairly bad idea for me to go gambling with nothing but a dog anyway so I'd have to pass but I still reckon Mike is getting us all worked up over that documentary...unless you have secret insider nudgy hints suggesting otherwise ;)

What I've been told was that exciting things were being worked on. The documentary was a priority for them, but to me it seemed like they were planning more than that.

What I've been told was that exciting things were being worked on. The documentary was a priority for them, but to me it seemed like they were planning more than that.

Well then...that certainly is exciting! Hmm...I'm genuinely intruiged now *-* Hope it really is more than just the documentary (& possibly stupidly overdue HLAHG documentary or whatever they were/are doing with that thing)...now I'll have to check the news & IG daily :)

(ps. If we were gambling Andres you were totally cheating with your insider info Mr Smartass ;) )

(ps. If we were gambling Andres you were totally cheating with your insider info Mr Smartass ;) )

You're right, and I apologize.

I don't think it will be more tour dates. I mean, their last tour didn't draw that huge of a crowd so it seems like another tour so soon wouldn't be a good idea.

You're right, and I apologize.

Great!! Now I'm taking any pets you own (compensation for cheating since I almost gave you my dog ;) )

Mike's probably gonna get a pet iguana and make a Twitter for it or something.

This would honestly be the best thing he had ever done. I would follow the fudge out of that.

I have a feeling by "share" he means pictures. i don't have an instagram, but from I have seen, he seems to post a lot of pictures of silly things. I think he is gonna share what he is up to during their break or whatever they are doing

Maybe they'll bring out 6 albums and call it 'green day's sexy sextet of albums' it will sell because it has the word sex in it twice. (Yes I know a sextet is 6 musicians)

More serious a few tour dates like Scotland/Wales/Northern Ireland/Ireland would be nice :happy:

I doubt seriously its a new album (I bet 2015/2016 for that) but id bet theres will be news of a deluxe Dookie/AI albums and the dvd this year with maybe possibly announce of a tour in the fall

Great!! Now I'm taking any pets you own (compensation for cheating since I almost gave you my dog ;) )

Sorry, you'll have to talk to Lone to discuss that, as she already has dibs on my cat when I die.

Sorry, you'll have to talk to Lone to discuss that, as she already has dibs on my cat when I die.

Who said anything about waiting for you to die muahahaha ;)

Swear this anticipation is killing me already...fuck...and I figured 2014 would be the year I discovered the great outdoors (or at least what daylight looked like other than while in a queue for a gig) or maybe got a hobby (ok that was never really going to happen) but now I'll be spending my time glued to GDC...this has to be an evil plot by Andres & Mike to increase traffic on GDA/GDC and Mike's IG!

I was just going to guess that Mike was excited that they were back rehearsing for the Australia dates but then I saw Fuzz' posts...now I don't know what to think. But whatever is happening, I'm just glad something will be happening with them this year!

Archived