Mike's Instagram post hints that something's coming...?

Punkfreak1414

A box set of Dookie and American idiot remastered with a live recording of Dookie and never before seen live footage of some...stuff.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is hope but I think its nothing. Remember when Billie hinted us about the trilogy getting remixed and it never happened?

That's why i don't believe in anything they say, especially when it comes to this kind of things :P

I can understand people thinking this could be related to a Dookie 20th anniversary edition. However the idea of linking it with a 10th anniversary edition of American Idiot seems ridiculous. I don't ever remember a 10th anniversary edition of any album before. A Dookie 20th anniversary edition deserves the lime light all on its own. AI will have to wait 10 more years hopefully. On the other hand if it the release of Heart like a Hand grenade that would be acceptable :)

Even though I've kind of come to terms with Australia most likely being the end of the tour by now, this "hint" got me quite excited again. There could be nothing up to this hashtag, but now I'm back to being overly curious. :mellow: Let's see..

Think outside the box. It could be Al Sobrante rejoining on percussion

I'm treating this with cautious optimism. I kept thinking of Billie Joe saying he feels the need to wait this one out (when talking about the next album). Then I realized that interview took place almost a year ago...so it's plausible there could be new material in the works.

Some form of Dookie/AI tour would be amazing though.

I just hope they continue the 99 Revolutions Tour. A Leg 2. Its one of the shortest tours they have ever done. Missing most of the United States and did absolutely nothing about cancelled shows that left many fans upset.

Not only that Brit is pregnant. As a consequence Mike decided to be a fulltime father, announcing that he´s gonna leave Green Day for - say - the next six years. How does that sound... :cry:

Think outside the box. It could be Al Sobrante rejoining on percussion

Thats too far outside the box, come back a small bit :P

I just hope they continue the 99 Revolutions Tour. A Leg 2. Its one of the shortest tours they have ever done. Missing most of the United States and did absolutely nothing about cancelled shows that left many fans upset.

i don't think it will happen though

Green Day tour with Billie Joe and Norah Jones as the openers!! I can dream...

That sounds lovely but if I'm going to a punk rock gig I'd be the wrong frame of mind to appreciate melodic folk harmonies. And the other way around.

Jesus Christ you guys get wound up over fuck all.

Pretty sure the 99 Revs tour is done and dusted. It seems like they're keen to forget about that mess as quickly as possible.

That sounds lovely but if I'm going to a punk rock gig I'd be the wrong frame of mind to appreciate melodic folk harmonies. And the other way around.

My sentiments exactly when I had to suffer through Frank Turner at Brixton :mad:

My sentiments exactly when I had to suffer through Frank Turner at Brixton :mad:

I know we're at odds on him but his folk music leans a lot more to punk than Foreverly does.

They'll tour again in due course, and it'll be a lot better for not having Trilogy associations. It's not unreasonable that it upset a lot of people, but I'm sure as hell not bothered that I missed the main chunk of 99 Revs, since by the time I saw them it had just become the Dookie tour.

I know we're at odds on him but his folk music leans a lot more to punk than Foreverly does.

He's about as punk as David Cameron's arsehole but I see your point.

It's an interesting thought really, given that Billie might have not got into music without the Everly Brothers. So one could argue that Green Day owe a lot to them, regardless of how different they sound.

They'll tour again in due course, and it'll be a lot better for not having Trilogy associations. It's not unreasonable that it upset a lot of people, but I'm sure as hell not bothered that I missed the main chunk of 99 Revs, since by the time I saw them it had just become the Dookie tour.

Australia next month :)

Is it rude of me to want another album?

Yes, you are so rude. :thumbsdown:

:P

I'm excited for anything at this point. Pretty sure it's not gonna be a new album, all I'm hoping for is a few more shows, so that they can play Dirty Rotten Bastards live. :shy:

I bet they have spies here... ;)

Haha yeah, all the Green Day boys have a GDC account to soy on us!

Haha yeah, all the Green Day boys have a GDC account to soy on us!

No,no. I said spies. They have friends, relatives, friends of friends. BJ´s sons have friends, their wifes and girlfriends have friends and relatives... So many people, you wouldn´t connect with Green Day... many opportunities... ;)

Archived