Speculations thread

Punkfreak1414

Does anyone else find it extremly annoying that people speculate that green day will have a new album in 2014 and it will be a big just like American idiot and dookie just because of the 1994, 2004....(2014) pattern. Like really? Yeah it would be awesome, but it's just a coincidenced and remember the only reason American idiot came out in 2004 is because they scrapped (or whatever the hell happened to it) there album ciggeretts and valentines which would of been relesed in 2003. I could be wrong and I would like another album soon but I don't see them making and recording an album all in one year after just releasing 3 albums not even 2 years ago.

I figured I make this a thread cause I wanted to see what others had to say about certain speculations for the future or the past and I know there's plenty to talk about xD

There's no way we'll see a Green Day album this year. After their Australia shows, they'll take some time off. I thought we might see a Dookie anniversary tour, but I'm not sure of that now. I reckon they'll be back in the studio next year and we'll see an album at some point in 2015. I don't think they'll rush it.

As well as this thread for speculating about Dookie/AI anniversary stuff (thanks for posting the link!), there's also this thread for speculating about their next album:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/93768-green-days-next-album/

And a general thread for speculating about what's going to happen next for the band:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/91415-so-what-happens-next/page-12?hl=+next

I think that pretty much covers current speculation. And I don't think we need a catch-all thread for all speculation, if something that's worth speculating about comes up we can always have an individual thread for it. So I'll go ahead and close this and feel free to use any of the threads above :)

Archived