The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

It's funny how people in this thread keep explaining how we should all respect each others opinions but fail to do just that.

Please could you provide examples of this?

I got suspended for having different opinions

Please, not the blog post again. We all know what you think of that, you don't need to bring it up again. You being suspended isn't even relevant.

Anyway back to the topic. We don't need to give you any arguments why we think we like the trilogy.

Isn't discussing why you do/don't like the Trilogy the point? Saying "I like it, bye" isn't exactly discussion.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit this is a serious discussion

You should have never posted a pic in the Picture Thread. It's your own damn fault :P

You should have never posted a pic in the Picture Thread. It's your own damn fault :P

Victim-blamer. :P

Victim-blamer. :P

Eh...that one rolls right off my back now, too. After repeated use they start losing their meaning. Haha. But hey, give me credit because I did PM him to let him know that I would take every chance I got to be flirtatious with him. So at least I warn my victims :D

Eh...that one rolls right off my back now, too. After repeated use they start losing their meaning. Haha. But hey, give me credit because I did PM him to let him know that I would take every chance I got to be flirtatious with him. So at least I warn my victims :D

Let the record state I was warned that I was being targeted

Let the record state I was warned that I was being targeted

I'm just happy that I was able to come in here and right the ship and prevent this thread for becoming even more of a shit storm. Typical day for me here on GDC...preventing shit shows from happening or getting worse.

So anyway.....hoping I'm not going to see any posts from this point onwards that aren't on the topic of the trilogy being underrated. That includes leaving one last witty comment about the situation to try and have the last word.

Anyway back to the topic. We don't need to give you any arguments why we think we like the trilogy. I don't decide if a song is good based on the production, effects or other stupid bullshit. You know if you like a song the first time you hear it and when I heard Uno for the first time it was amazing. Like Ryan said the album is so good you don't need to skip tracks. Every song is special and that's why I like it.

I think people have different ways of deciding whether a song or album is good, pretty much everyone decides slightly differently, and there's nothing wrong with saying you think it's good or not good for whatever reason. The problem comes if you start to think your opinion of whether it's good is anything other than subjective and act as if it's more valid than someone else's, or that if you don't like it then others are somehow in the wrong for liking it (and make the dick move of trying to make someone feel bad for enjoying something). As long as people don't do that it can be fun and interesting to hear the different reasons for thinking the trilogy is good or not good, and people's different likes and dislikes regarding it.

So anyway.....hoping I'm not going to see any posts from this point onwards that aren't on the topic of the trilogy being underrated. That includes leaving one last witty comment about the situation to try and have the last word.

I think people have different ways of deciding whether a song or album is good, pretty much everyone decides slightly differently, and there's nothing wrong with saying you think it's good or not good for whatever reason. The problem comes if you start to think your opinion of whether it's good is anything other than subjective and act as if it's more valid than someone else's, or that if you don't like it then others are somehow in the wrong for liking it (and make the dick move of trying to make someone feel bad for enjoying something). As long as people don't do that it can be fun and interesting to hear the different reasons for thinking the trilogy is good or not good, and people's different likes and dislikes regarding it.

I remember one time I said that I like Wild One and some people in here told me that they feel sorry for me. You know...gentility. Some people are so rude that (almost) force you to behave in the same way.

I remember one time I said that I like Wild One and some people in here told me that they feel sorry for me. You know...gentility. Some people are so rude that (almost) force you to behave in the same way.

I think there's a fine line, it can be done in a jokey way just to emphasise how different their opinion of the song is (and it can happen the other way as well, eg "you need your ears tested if you don't like that song!"). But yeah it can wear thin when it's over done, especially if it's negative comments, and in particular negative comments that aren't followed by constructive criticism of the song.

I would point out there are plenty of people who like the trilogy here though! I think the Unpopular Opinions thread can give the impression that it's more disliked than it really is, the nature of the thread being that more negative opinions are posted. I certainly enjoy reading and writing praise of it and I know I'm not the only one so don't be put off.

wild one is one of my favorites

Well I do feel sorry for you for liking Wild One :P

Sorry, kidding. I absolutely hate it for reasons I've previously stated, but like Hermione said, shitting on people for enjoying something is just silly.

Part of the problem on here is that people take the opinions of others when it comes to music so personally. It's getting tiresome to make an argument against a piece of music I don't like in a reasoned and considered way and then receive irrelevant personal abuse in response. It doesn't exactly lead to an interesting conversation about music which, however heated they get, are very enjoyable if they stay on topic.

Well I do feel sorry for you for liking Wild One :P

Sorry, kidding. I absolutely hate it for reasons I've previously stated, but like Hermione said, shitting on people for enjoying something is just silly.

Part of the problem on here is that people take the opinions of others when it comes to music so personally. It's getting tiresome to make an argument against a piece of music I don't like in a reasoned and considered way and then receive irrelevant personal abuse in response. It doesn't exactly lead to an interesting conversation about music which, however heated they get, are very enjoyable if they stay on topic.

So why do you bitch when I say AI is garbage?

^Is replying to the above reasonably on topic or not, Hermione?

EDIT: It would appear so.

Im not trying to be mean or criticize you.. from what ive seen (which sounds nosey) you say it like its fact instead of your opinion and then also mock people who like it even if they arent doing anything to you.. but ive seen it done to you sometimes and thats not entirely fair but you do ask for it sometimes.. again im not tyring to insult you or make you feel bad i swear..

in a reasoned and considered way

I guarantee if you would be calm and uninsulting in your arguments you'd get far more traction. Instead you throw out insults and assertions and then refuse to engage on the same level as other people when they ask you to.

Because you insult people for liking it.

That's really all it is. There's simply no need to insult other people for liking an album, whether it's AI or the trilogy, in order to say you dislike it. Or to post over and over again that you dislike it any time anyone so much as mentions its name when the question of whether it's good or not isn't even being discussed. If you just say you dislike it when it's being discussed or in an appropriate thread (and say why you dislike it as well if you want your post to be more interesting) in a polite and reasoned way with no added insults, there's no problem.

Im not trying to be mean or criticize you.. from what ive seen (which sounds nosey) you say it like its fact instead of your opinion and then also mock people who like it even if they arent doing anything to you.. but ive seen it done to you sometimes and thats not entirely fair but you do ask for it sometimes.. again im not tyring to insult you or make you feel bad i swear..

And people who say they feel sorry for you if you like the trilogy don't do that?

And people who say they feel sorry for you if you like the trilogy don't do that?

You seem to be working under the misapprehension that everyone on the internet is the same person.

Ummmmm...I've seen more people get insulted for liking the Trilogy than I have seen Seagull insult for liking AI. Just sayin...

Ummmmm...I've seen more people get insulted for liking the Trilogy than I have seen Seagull insult for liking AI. Just sayin...

So that makes it ok for him to do it all the time?

Nope. Just pointing out that he gets bitched at for it all the time, yet when people insult others for liking the Trilogy it is allowed because you agree with their opinion :)

I don't insult people. I only make fun of AI fanboys. And to be true this thread started when the dude said he thinks the trilogy is better than AI (I agree with him) and the response that followed:

better than ai? you're trolling right? you must be trolling. 0/10 try harder pls

Why would he be trolling? The problem with this forum is that people get lots of hate for stating different opinions. But when someone makes fun out of the trilogy it's ok?

Don't know how anyone can think the trilogy is better than AI...

Why not?

Archived