The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

Who is any of us to tell someone what they should like and what they should dislike?

But, when someone attacks others because of their opinions, call them posers and basically do not respect their opinions, then I personally have a problem with that.

People should not present their opinions as never-changing universal truths, no matter what their opinions are. It's art, and everyone experiences it differently.

Tell that to Tom, Graham and Z J who try to force their opinions on others and who think their opinion is the truth.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is true Seagull. Everything always gets called out against one side around here and the other side is allowed to continue because they have a mod (or admin) on their side.

Btw Z J, just because i publicly went against your opinion doesnt mean im any less attracted to you :P

Tell that to Tom, Graham and Z J who try to force their opinions on others and who think their opinion is the truth.

You know full well that's nonsense. You're free to respond or not to the arguments against the Trilogy in a coherent way, or you can just resort to personal insults like you have historically. If you choose to take the latter road then you can't expect any respect from people.

When have we ever said "Your enjoyment of the Trilogy is a lie?" If people who like the Trilogy say something about its merits that we disagree with, of course we're going to differ and present our own reasons for thinking that way. That's how conversations about art and opinions work.

I can guarantee that we have never once said "If you like the Trilogy you are a bad person and *must* begin disliking it. You can only share our opinion." We merely present our own differing opinions and back them up with argumentation. So please, try again.

I've been watching this for a while and it seems like the people that dislike it want to hear the other sides argument so they can debate it or discuss why they dont like what someone else might enjoy and yet i haven't seen any arguments or points from the people that like it

Personally I wouldn't say I dislike the Trilogy. Most of the songs have something positive ot offer

I don't like Dos but like I've said, Uno and Tre are average Green Day albums which means they are pretty awesome, after all.

But the Trilogy has some aspects I dislike, and it could have been a lot better, I think, with more mature and actually sense-making lyrics, and a stronger bass sound. In my opinion I the biggest mistakes they made were a) they valued quantity over quality, and on the other hand they claimed that they were going to make a "live-sounding album" and no matter what you think about the production on the Trilogy, it does not sound like tye songs were played live.

That problem was partly corrected by Demolicious, though.

It could have been an awesome double album. I will make my version of the Trilogy as a double album someday when I have more time

I've been watching this for a while and it seems like the people that dislike it want to here the other sides argument so they can debate it or discuss why they dont like what someone else might enjoy and yet i haven't seen any arguments or points from the people that like it

Me: "i really like the lyrics. They spoke to me and i think they are really cool and have a lot of meaning."

Someone else: "the lyrics are shit and juvenile. "

Ok...that accomplished a lot

Me: "i really like the lyrics. They spoke to me and i think they are really cool and have a lot of meaning."

I'd like to think we've gone far deeper than that. :P Venture over to the Unpopular Opinions Threads from about a year ago to a few months ago, or the beginning 20 pages of this thread, and there are many in-depth debates happening.

Hermione has told you twice already to drop it and you're still going. Just stop already. It's clear you're unhappy with some people and how they share their opinion, dragging on that conversation is pointless and is adding nothing to this conversation.

I'd like to think we've gone far deeper than that. :P Venture over to the Unpopular Opinions Threads from about a year ago to a few months ago, or the beginning 20 pages of this thread, and there are many in-depth debates happening.

Like ive said, the over dissection of the trilogy that happens here and in that other thread is the only thing on this entire forum that has ever made me physically angry. Haha

I'm friends with Tom and I respect Graham and Z J but none of their posts has ever forced me to think of my opinion different I've never seen any of those three force opinions on anyone

You seem to attack those who are fans of AI with zero points just AI sucks etc

EDIT: sorry Fuzz

I should have been more clear i wasn't referring to you :fuzz:

plus in my opinion the lyrics arent great for most of the material (i still love some of the songs though) compare them to previous album lyrics especially 21st century which had crazy good lyrics it just doesnt hold up (in my opinion again haha)

Like ive said, the over dissection of the trilogy that happens here and in that other thread is the only thing on this entire forum that has ever made me physically angry. Haha

I'm not sure what you're looking for, then. You don't like it when people are having shallow arguments about it but in-depth conversation is "over-dissection"? What does that leave, then?

I'm not sure what you're looking for, then. You don't like it when people are having shallow arguments about it but in-depth conversation is "over-dissection"? What does that leave, then?

Honestly, i guess its the fact that its been 2 years of the same shit about music...something that has zero fact-based elements surrounding whether or not somebody likes it. For somebody that always complains about arguments going in circles, this is the biggest circular argument on this entire site. And it's meaningless. I dont know...just never sat well with me.

And honestly, it really does seem like the people who dont like the trilogy intentionally try to shame, berate, or change the mind of people who like it. Music is such a personal thing. The lyrics, chords, overall sounds etc all play a role in how it makes somebody feel. So to argue with them about it when there are no facts to back up the opinions just seems stupid. At least with the other debates on this site there are factual elements to both sides.

plus in my opinion the lyrics arent great for most of the material (i still love some of the songs though) compare them to previous album lyrics especially 21st century which had crazy good lyrics it just doesnt hold up (in my opinion again haha)

I see what you're saying, but I'm fine with the lyrics being simpler than 21CB because the Trilogy was meant to be more relaxed and less serious. I think State of Shock should've been on the main albums instead of Nightlife (and take off Ashley as well, though the Demolicious version is somewhat better), but I still like the Trilogy overall.

I genuinely don't care what you think of the trilogy. Don't flatter yourself. I just don't like the way you go about your arguing so I say so, I don't see a problem with that.

And honestly, it really does seem like the people who dont like the trilogy intentionally try to shame, berate, or change the mind of people who like it. Music is such a personal thing. The lyrics, chords, overall sounds etc all play a role in how it makes somebody feel. So to argue with them about it when there are no facts to back up the opinions just seems stupid. At least with the other debates on this site there are factual elements to both sides.

not saying you were including me in there but to clarify if anyone has a problem with what ive said i fully enjoy and allow people to like the music they like cause who am i to stop them i just like hearing why (even if that is kind of insulting haha)

I see what you're saying, but I'm fine with the lyrics being simpler than 21CB because the Trilogy was meant to be more relaxed and less serious. I think State of Shock should've been on the main albums instead of Nightlife (and take off Ashley as well, though the Demolicious version is somewhat better), but I still like the Trilogy overall.

thats true i always forget he said that... i guess i get flustered because i want those kinda intricate lyrics no matter the subject matter on all my GD albums but thats also selfish but i still want it hahah

It's funny how people in this thread keep explaining how we should all respect each others opinions but fail to do just that. (I got suspended for having different opinions)

Anyway back to the topic. We don't need to give you any arguments why we think we like the trilogy. I don't decide if a song is good based on the production, effects or other stupid bullshit. You know if you like a song the first time you hear it and when I heard Uno for the first time it was amazing. Like Ryan said the album is so good you don't need to skip tracks. Every song is special and that's why I like it.

(I got suspended for having different opinions)

are you STILL banging on about your fucking suspension?! :lol:

Anyway.

I rarely venture into GD chat, once every few months. GDC never disappoints. Well done everyone.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

(btw, I dislike most of the trilogy. Thought I should probably add what I think of it whilst I'm in here). toodle pip, til next time.

Anyway back to the topic. We don't need to give you any arguments why we think we like the trilogy. I don't decide if a song is good based on the production, effects or other stupid bullshit. You know if you like a song the first time you hear it and when I heard Uno for the first time it was amazing. Like Ryan said the album is so good you don't need to skip tracks. Every song is special and that's why I like it.

Ok, you say this but then you go on and on about how awful American Idiot is and how real fans don't like it. I genuinely can't understand how you don't see the contradiction.

If you had just stuck to saying what you just said, you probably wouldn't have even garnered a response. Other people are currently stating they like it, and nobody is berating or shoving opinions down their throat. But I have a feeling that you wanted to get a response.

Seagull is salty because no one made him a birthday thread yesterday. He was dropping hints all over but everyone ignored them. I feel bad.

Archived