The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

I'm glad Dookie Lukie enjoyed this post enough to like it TEN. FUCKING. TIMES!

Just cuz I know you love it ;)

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad about their lives because of the fact that they are so obsessed with being different/unique/audiophile that it causes them to lose interest in music they normally would have liked. And the fact of having their life become only this forum.

Or maybe we just fucking dislike the albums because we genuinely don't care for the songs?! What is it about you and Ryan that makes you think we can't just genuinely have opinions because they're our own opinions?

Or maybe we just fucking dislike the albums because we genuinely don't care for the songs?! What is it about you and Ryan that makes you think we can't just genuinely have opinions because they're our own opinions?

I think there's just a very self-righteous attitude that comes from some people on this site. A know-it-all thing, something I notice a lot on reddit, that normally points to a lack of a real social life. A lot of people respond in sort of a "i have something to prove" or "im better than you because 'insert random thing'". That's the attitude I get from a lot of the Trilogy hate. Like it's some inside joke along with some superiority thing. Idk.

I think there's just a very self-righteous attitude that comes from some people on this site. A know-it-all thing, something I notice a lot on reddit, that normally points to a lack of a real social life. A lot of people respond in sort of a "i have something to prove" or "im better than you because 'insert random thing'". That's the attitude I get from a lot of the Trilogy hate. Like it's some inside joke along with some superiority thing. Idk.

Is your best argument really "Trilogy haters are basement dwelling losers lololol"?

Wait. So people who dislike the Trilogy are deliberately forming certain opinions to be know-it-alls and because they don't have a social life? As opposed to it being a genuine opinion based on what's been presented. How can you not see that what you're saying is the most absurd thing ever?

Oh my god. Why it is so hard to accept that people may love, or hate, or be indifferent to the Trilogy, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are trolling.

Lukie, in other threads you keep on claiming how everyone has a right to think whatever they want ("it is ok to be racist if your religion says so") but hating the trilogy isn't allowed?

This conversation is going nowhere :P

Personally I think Uno and Tre are average Green Day albums, on the same level with Nimrod/Kerrplunk/1039 SOSH, which means I actually dig them a lot Especially Tre.

But Dos is their worst ever.

Oh my god. Why it is so hardito accept that people may love, or hate, or be indifferent to the Trilogy, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are trolling.

Lukie, in other threads you keep on claiming how everyone has a right to think whatever they want ("it is ok to be racist if your religion says so") but hating the trilogy isn't allowed?

Personally I think Uno and Tre are average Green Day albums, on the same level with Nimrod/Kerrplunk/1039 SOSH, which means I actually dig them a lot Especially Tre.

tumblr_m8gkwsU4DQ1rziwwco1_500.gif

Hey look it's an AI fanboy. This post made me lol.

Where exactly did he even say he liked AI?

Oh my god. Why it is so hard to accept that people may love, or hate, or be indifferent to the Trilogy, and that doesn't necessarily mean they are trolling.

While Nimrod and Kerplunk are infinitely better than Uno and Tre, what Tom said. :lol:

Ah, lacking of a real social life because we don't enjoy a shite trio of albums? I needed a good laugh, thank you!

Sad about their lives because of the fact that they are so obsessed with being different/unique/audiophile that it causes them to lose interest in music they normally would have liked. And the fact of having their life become only this forum.

I could inform you (as could the rest of us) of a life outside GDC, it takes 5 minutes to explain why the trilogy is bad, why, that leaves me 23 hours and 55 minutes to enjoy the rest of my day!

I was really excited when all the concert footage of the new songs being played came out they sounded really good..maybe i heard too much of them before they actually were released and it didnt feel new and exciting to me im not entirely sure.. i didnt like the idea of 3 albums cause in my opinion i think its a bit ridiculous.. but I definitely enjoy listening to all 3 but i dont listen to them as much as other GD stuff.. i didnt connect with the songs like i had other albums they just didnt feel like Green Day to me whatever that means.. Billies lyrics in the past were descriptive and dark humorous shit like that and i kinda think he just phoned it in and added a bunch of fucks to make it seem like he didnt give a literal fuck haha but it came off a bit cheese.. Im gonna be judged here and thats fine cause ive accepted it but dos is my favorite of the 3 haha i think the demos are better but idk dos just has more songs that i enjoy.. i also think the whole rehab thing birthed a weird feeling surrounding all the songs.. it did for me at least.. i want heavy distortion and smart asshole lyrics cause i know hes capable of doing that but i felt like billie got a bit full of himself or something like that cause you cant listen to uno dos tre and compare them to previous work cause they dont remotely hold up.. im having a hard time explaining this but im trying haha if any of this makes sense that will be a nice surprise..

and i cant listen to the forgotten its the only song i skip for the trilogy

I think the hate of the Trilogy is massively overestimated. I think a few people on this forum decided right off the bat, probably around when Oh Love came out, that the Trilogy wasn't grandiose like 21CB and therefore not good enough. Oh Love was a good song IMO, but it wasn't what we expected, so the negative vibes immediately started spewing. Every subsequent decision or release by the band was overly scrutinized by this same group of forum members. Since these forum members were the more active ones, people came into threads seeing mass Trilogy hate and, taking it as the overwhelming opinion, just began to believe that it was bad. People, eager for rep and to be welcomed into GDC, decided to jump on the bandwagon of hate. Eventually they subconsciously started to hate it due to the negative vibes swirling around the forum. Now the Trilogy is hated and those original few haters constantly remind us why.

I remember first joining this forum when the announcements were coming out and live footage was leaking. People said Kill the DJ was the coolest thing Green Day has ever made. People loved Carpe Diem. Stay the Night was an instant GD classic. Lazy Bones was dark and emotional. 8th Ave Serenade was going to be "a huge hit." People really loved what they were hearing. But a small group of people on this forum made them feel bad about their music interests and started a train of hate. You people know who you are, and you should feel very sad about your lives. Take off your Bose headphones and shut off your FLAC player and mixing software and just enjoy music and go outside and make friends. That is all. #longliveunodostre

THIS!

Oh also, the only one being self-righteous atm is you. You are basically claiming that people who have different opinions than you are posers with no social lives.

It in general is a problem here. People should say "personally" "in my opinion", "I think", and then discuss the bloody opinions.

How can you expect that your opinion will be respected if you don't respect the others but instead start attacking their personal lives?

Now if you were to say "Personally I love the Trilogy" and then you would list reasons why you think so, I would have a discussion with you, I would respect your opinion and I would not (nor should anybody else) have any problems with it. I would beg to differ, though.

But you expect people to respect you and treat you fair when you say stuff like that merely because people's opinions differ from yours?

THIS!

Except, his whole post is anecdotal. His whole argument is fallacious.

The trilogy was absolutely panned by critics. So it's not like it's just a few people on this site who dislike it. Everyone gets excited when new music comes out. Once the excitement fades, sound judgement comes in. The songs that stand up through dozens of listens and still sound great are the ones that earn praise. The more people listened to it, the more it became clear that the albums simply don't match up to anything else GD has done.

Also, I think people should be insulted that you think they would simply hate the trilogy just because we say it sucks. The good people of GDC are capable of forming their own opinions, I think you're just upset that we've formed a more cogent and coherent argument against the trilogy

The trilogy was absolutely panned by critics. So it's not like it's just a few people on this site who dislike it. Everyone gets excited when new music comes out. Once the excitement fades, sound judgement comes in. The songs that stand up through dozens of listens and still sound great are the ones that earn praise. The more people listened to it, the more it became clear that the albums simply don't match up to anything else GD has done.

Also, I think people should be insulted that you think they would simply hate the trilogy just because we say it sucks. The good people of GDC are capable of forming their own opinions, I think you're just upset that we've formed a more cogent and coherent argument against the trilogy

I saw a lot of decent reviews for the trilogy how was it panned by critics?

People call Richard Dawkins Darwin's Rottweiler. I think we need to start calling you Good Taste's Rottweiler.

Your arguments are bullshit and noone cares about them. Trilogy minus most of the Dos is one of their best works. We all know you hate it so there is no good reason to keep explaining why you hate it. I love the trilogy and you can go jack off to AI garbage too.

If you compare the total positive percentage of the Trilogy's reviews to the previous six major label albums, there's a huge dropoff in praise.

Your arguments are bullshit and noone cares about them. Trilogy minus most of the Dos is one of their best works. We all know you hate it so there is no good reason to keep explaining why you hate it. I love the trilogy and you can go jack off to AI garbage too.

At least we fucking present arguments instead of making ludicrous assertions, refusing to back them up, and then resorting to laughable ad hominem attacks. Grow the fuck up.

If you compare the total positive percentage of the Trilogy's reviews to the previous eight albums, there's a huge dropoff in praise.

You mean 6 albums right? Cause 1039 and Kerplunk wasn't really jumping with praise as I've seen ( tbh tho I haven't really researched the reviews of those two)

But at least those who hate the trilogy has valid points...

You mean 6 albums right? Cause 1039 and Kerplunk wasn't really jumping with praise as I've seen ( tbh tho I haven't really researched the reviews of those two)

Yeah, thanks for the correction. It's late here. :P

And I saw a lot of negative ones. Off the top of my head for Uno (which I read the most reviews of) the Chicago tribune and the LA Times were very negative. I'd have to look up others but they're there

It's phrases like that...sounds so self-righteous and mightier than though. You say that to a group of people irl and you get eye-rolls.

It's phrases like that...sounds so self-righteous and mightier than though. You say that to a group of people irl and you get eye-rolls.

So he has a good vocabulary and that makes him self-righteous? I guess all of us English majors are fucked, then.

Archived