The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

If they really wanted a song about Occupy, why didn't they just record and release one at the time? I know they didn't have an album, but that shouldn't make a difference.

If 99 revs was a bit more inventive then it would be a good song as the verses are pretty cool, and it doesn't stick to the verse chorus verse chorus solo chorus formula quite as much as the other trilogy songs do.

You could turn that around and say why couldn't they write it and then record and release it later, shouldn't make a difference either. I imagine most of the songs Billie writes are inspired by events or thoughts at the time and then only recorded and released later. Only reason it stands out in this case is because instead of a personal thought or event it was a public one which also turned out to be over in a short time. It's true that it sounds dated now and wouldn't have if it was released at the time but he wasn't to know that, he might've thought it was just the beginning of a long lasting movement when he wrote it. I think his comments about it being one of the best songs he's written (hmm....) show he was and is still just genuinely passionate about it.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing the only one who hopes they use the trilogy's guitar tone in future albums.....

Maybe not for every song because just like in the trilogy some songs it was meant for and others could of had more distortion. I know people don't care for it, but it is a pretty good tone.

Btw can anyone tell me what you think they recorded x kid with? What guitar and amp? And specially the guitar in the beggining.

I agree with the guitar tone

Been a few years since ive listened to AC/DC studio albums (they are a band I enjoy live than studio) but wasn't Back In Black or Highway To Hell use clean tones?

2lcllz9.jpg

They had in mind the sound of AC/DC. The execution was not entirely successful, though.

Dude. For the love of Christ. Hit the "Like" button once. I just got 6 fucking notifications off you.

Sorry it wouldn't show up as "Liked" so I kept hitting it.

Sorry it wouldn't show up as "Liked" so I kept hitting it.

Pressing F5 before pressing Like another time could maybe prevent this :P

Not wrong to want them to do more promotion

I dont really buy into the "they're embarrased and want to forget the trilogy" theory

My thoughts are of the tour is

Mike said they thought of the trilogy as one album when compling the set list and since forever theyve always played 6-7 songs from the new album and for the majority they've played 6-7 songs til the last few shows

As far as not varying up which songs I also think there are songs that Billie may not want to visit so soon cause of memories he said in RS Lazy Bones makes him cry just by listening to it so there may be other songs that he not ready to face at the moment

Not saying my theory is correct cause who knows

The Australias shows and the next tour will be quite interesting imo

woahhh i mustve completely missed something. he said this quote about lazy bones in rolling stone?? how did i completely miss this lol. anyone know the quote? or I can go home and dig up the magazine

woahhh i mustve completely missed something. he said this quote about lazy bones in rolling stone?? how did i completely miss this lol. anyone know the quote? or I can go home and dig up the magazine

"Lazy Bones , on Dos that song makes me well up, just thinking about it."

Yeah thats it

I didnt remember the exact quote but I was close

aww:(

Oh Love was the only trilogy song that got any reaction, at least from the show I went to. I love X-Kid, but it just didn't work live...the place exploded when Minority happened right after. I could see the other two

No one sang Brutal Love? I heard people singing with it at the one I was at :(

(Completely unrelated to the thread but I love your ava.)

to that discussion earlier about why the trilogy isnt played live, i would have to agree with the fact of the state of mind he was in. he basically says it himself in the RS interview.

side note: Still confused about Little boy named train... is it autobiographical or about someone getting their dick cut off? lol

to that discussion earlier about why the trilogy isnt played live, i would have to agree with the fact of the state of mind he was in. he basically says it himself in the RS interview.

side note: Still confused about Little boy named train... is it autobiographical or about someone getting their dick cut off? lol

I think LBNT is somewhat autobiographical...I vaguely remember Billie saying in an interview that he related to the sense of feeling lost and moving in no particular direction. I could be wrong though!

There were lighters and cell phones and such at my show, but I was the only one, in my general area at least, singing along. Couldn't hear much of the crowd. It's a fantastic live song, just wish everyone knew it

Umm...please?

Why don't you just Google it? Google Lil B as well, it'll probably make more sense then.

Brutal Love was awesome at Brixton. That said, most of the gig was. It was full of surprises really, I think it says it all that I only really warmed to WMUWSE after seeing that performance of it. It's not even just seeing it live that made me realise how good it is, that was the 4th time I saw them do it live.

But yeah, I had the same realisation about Brutal Love, and it was really well received, but that just kind of made me sad thinking about how great the whole Trilogy would have been if all the songs were that good.

Haha dude, you can say that for every single Green Day song :P double post. sorry.

Really? I'd say a lot of their songs sound remarkably close to the recordings.

Brutal Love was awesome at Brixton. That said, most of the gig was. It was full of surprises really, I think it says it all that I only really warmed to WMUWSE after seeing that performance of it. It's not even just seeing it live that made me realise how good it is, that was the 4th time I saw them do it live.

But yeah, I had the same realisation about Brutal Love, and it was really well received, but that just kind of made me sad thinking about how great the whole Trilogy would have been if all the songs were that good.

I actually think Brutal Love is one of the lesser songs from the trilogy, but I absolutely love Missing You picking up right after.

I actually think Brutal Love is one of the lesser songs from the trilogy.

Okay, you have to be trolling us. You have to be. Please say you're trolling?

Okay, you have to be trolling us. You have to be. Please say you're trolling?

I think Brutal Love is a terrible start to an album, but the song in itself is obviously fantastic. Especially that outro melody.

I think Brutal Love is a terrible start to an album, but the song in itself is obviously fantastic. Especially that outro melody.

I'm not sure where else it would've fit. Well, I am—they should've scrapped The Forgotten and made Brutal Love the outro instead—but in terms of just shuffling tracks without removing anything I think it has to be the beginning.

Archived