The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

Nastradamus was their best pick, well deserved lol. Obviously I strongly disagree with the Trilogy's inclusion though :P

Hahaha, I'm just reporting!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the trilogy is an amazing listen. It is though very simple, plain and the sound is too boring. Add more guitars, get them heavier, and make it more drastic, not like Sweet 16 and 8th Avenue Serande..

Songs like Stay The Night, which is a very nice song, just makes Uno very good, and Nuclear Family which may be the most energetic of alll the 3 albums.

Dirty Rotten Bastards and 99 Revolutions just makes Trè the best of the three. Also I like how BJ said that 99 Revolutions was the best song he's ever made, even though it's more or less a one sentenced song :D

If he said that, he's either an idiot, or has forgotten how to hear.

Probably both, I'm leaning more towards idiot though.

He said it in the Rolling Stone article.

6a08b0f82524a03e3050d734e4a99817.png

He also said that he thought the trilogy was the best stuff they'd ever written.

He also said that he thought the trilogy was the best stuff they'd ever written.

Well that is a lie lol

• I love the trilogy
  • very underrated
  • tambourines are underrated :ga:
  • how do you dare to call Billie an idiot. Shut up

very relevant gif:

OACJFlc.gif

As I've said before I love the trilogy and I haven't stopped listening to since the albums came out. However, the majority of the songs are definitely not as strong as most of the work on AI and 21CB but truthfully, I would rather listen to the trilogy most of the time. I think most of the songs on the trilogy needed more polishing, changing up structures, interesting timings and range of dynamics. Also, the lyrics could have been a lot better in some areas. I think songs such as Stay the night, X-Kid, Brutal love, Rusty James and Missing you are some of the strongest tracks. This is because they have powerful lyrics, harmonies, interesting arrangements etc. If more of songs had this kind of work to them, it'd be brilliant instead of just being good. That said, I'm thrilled with the trilogy and extremely glad Green Day did it.

An artist's opinion on his own work can't be taken as gospel. George Lucas genuinely believes The Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars film. Orson Welles doesn't think Citizen Kane is his best work. Stephen King thinks The Dark Tower is better than The Shining or The Stand. Gerard Way says The Black Parade is irrelevant. Artists are too close to their own material to judge it effectively.

An artist's opinion on his own work can't be taken as gospel. George Lucas genuinely believes The Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars film.

That's probably because he had the least to do with it :P

The trilogy is one of my favourite things they've done. There are some bad songs on there but then there's shit songs on any album (by any artist, not just Green Day). Aside from the repetition I wouldn't say the lyrics are meaningless, they're just simple and could do with a bit of polishing. Though there's also some really amazing lines in there (Brutal Love and Baby Eyes are good examples). The subject matter doesn't help with people thinking that but it's not actually a bad thing, it's just that a lot of fans made up their own images of Billie and weren't expecting this. I personally really like the dark and blunt feel the songs have. I'm glad they did this and didn't keep going in the rock opera direction for now.

I agree that the hate is subconsciously influenced by external things with some people too. So many people seemed to be enjoying the trilogy at first until rehab and the lack of promotion happened. It always surprises me to see so many fans praising AI, because whilst it was well received in general, I remember people being torn apart for liking it up until about 2010.

Since not everybody says it's shit I'd say it's overrated!

I would advise you to look up the meaning of overrated. :lol: Not nearly enough people, generally and in the GD fandom, praise it enough to be considered overrated.

The trilogy, St. Anger, What The?... and Cut the Crap are well-deserving for that list. :P

St. Anger was good. Wtf.

That's probably because he had the least to do with it :P

And that bastard keeps adding CGI animation making it worse :(

St. Anger was good. Wtf.

And that bastard keeps adding CGI animation making it worse :(

Metallica hasnt had a decent cd since the black album they havent had a great cd since the 80's...

Metallica hasnt had a decent cd since the black album they havent had a great cd since the 80's...

#WhiteTimOpinions

Actually thats alot of fans opinions lmao

I'm not a huge Metallica fan though. Sonmine doesn't count as a fan opinion :P

I'm not a huge Metallica fan though. Sonmine doesn't count as a fan opinion :P

If you listened to any other Metallica apart from St. Anger you'd probably be a bigger fan :P

If you listened to any other Metallica apart from St. Anger you'd probably be a bigger fan :P

I've listened to their first two albums, their b-sides album with the misfit covers, and a bunch of demos and a few live albums.

I've listened to their first two albums, their b-sides album with the misfit covers, and a bunch of demos and a few live albums.

Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets are where it's at dude.

Archived