The Trilogy is massively underrated

dudley dawson

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really was.  If it hadn't been for the rehab thing, I honestly believe they would have been wildly successful.  They were promoting the snot out of it in back then, and with 3-4 singles from each album it would have been a big hit. A huge world tour, all the publicity....The months leading up to Uno were just insanely exciting for us fans.    So do what does this mean for Album 12?  Will they back off a bit and simply drop an album out of the sky and not really go crazy with promotion, or will they make up for what we lost last time and promote the snot out of this next one 10x over.  I will love whatever they release, but I personally hope they go bigger than they have ever gone.  Bigger sound, bigger tour, bigger hits.  5 singles each with it's own video (not crappy live-footage either).  A huge world tour, some small club shows, appearances on all the talk shows.  Heck, even a new angry birds game just so we can hear some of the songs before they come out, haha.  Acoustic shows with Jason and Billie, Soundtracks..............okay.  I'm done now.  GO BIG OR DON'T BE GREEN DAY.  

1 minute ago, Clayish said:

The trilogy was a disaster.

No question about it. Well, not for normal folk like you and me.

Yes the trilogy was a disaster but like I have said before perhaps if iheart had never happened it would have done well enough.  It was certainly getting airtime here before BJ went to rehab.  We will never know.  Perhaps we should be thinking if rehab didn't happen we wouldnt all be here excited for what GD are going to release this year.

I'd forgotten what a classic this thread was. Isn't this the 'Sweet 16 is better than Jesus of Suburbia' thread? :lol:

2 hours ago, The Disappearing Boy said:

Sweet 16 is better than Jesus of Suburbia

Is this supposed to be a joke because I totally agree with it.

Hi, I'm new here, so I'll quit lurking and say that there are still songs on the trilogy that I listen to over and over. Some of them are really quite good; they would have made a fine single album. But I don't care for how over-produced Billie's voice sounds; what's with that? My son who plays around with recording says they are compressed to death.

I hope the new album goes back to a more natural sound for vocals and more melodious instrumentals.  My favorite trilogy songs are Lazy Bones, X Kid, Brutal Love, The Forgotten, Dirty Rotten Bastards, See You Tonight, and 8th Ave. Serenade. It's too bad the Trilogy failed due to Billie's rehab but I'm glad he got help.

7 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

Hi, I'm new here, so I'll quit lurking and say that there are still songs on the trilogy that I listen to over and over. Some of them are really quite good; they would have made a fine single album. But I don't care for how over-produced Billie's voice sounds; what's with that? My son who plays around with recording says they are compressed to death.

I hope the new album goes back to a more natural sound for vocals and more melodious instrumentals.  My favorite trilogy songs are Lazy Bones, X Kid, Brutal Love, The Forgotten, Dirty Rotten Bastards, See You Tonight, and 8th Ave. Serenade. It's too bad the Trilogy failed due to Billie's rehab but I'm glad he got help.

Already in the running for best newcomer?

On 2/11/2016 at 9:15 PM, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Yes the trilogy was a disaster but like I have said before perhaps if iheart had never happened it would have done well enough.  It was certainly getting airtime here before BJ went to rehab.  We will never know.  Perhaps we should be thinking if rehab didn't happen we wouldnt all be here excited for what GD are going to release this year.

I agree with this! I'm just glad Billie is healthy and we have new stuff to look forward to and hopefully a tour down the line, I've never seen them live.

3 hours ago, GenXIdiot said:

I agree with this! I'm just glad Billie is healthy and we have new stuff to look forward to and hopefully a tour downunder, I've never seen them live.

Fix it for ya.

im sure you will see them - you should go with the bitch.

9 hours ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Fix it for ya.

im sure you will see them - you should go with the bitch.

Considering all the dates we will have to choose from, it shouldn't be an issue.

Personally, I think as albums they're a bit crap. They just don't go well together as albums. However, there are quite a bit of songs that are more fun to listen to on their own. That's just me, though.

7 hours ago, JJ1964 said:

Considering all the dates we will have to choose from, it shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah but you will only go to NY -  you won't travel very far to see them:toocool:

15 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Yeah but you will only go to NY -  you won't travel very far to see them:toocool:

Actually, I will go to alot of places.  Since I'm on the same continent as them, I won't have to go very far.  #itsgoodtobeintheus

46 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

Actually, I will go to alot of places.  Since I'm on the same continent as them, I won't have to go very far.  #itsgoodtobeintheus

farkin Americans.:wub:

Archived