Dookie - 20th Anniversary?

Jean

I was hoping that by now we would hear about a 20th anniversary release of Dookie. It turns 20 on Feb. 1st, right?

I was expecting them to re-release it with a DVD/CD of one of the shows they did last year when they performed the whole album + possibly extras (Dookie documentary or whatever).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also surprised we haven't heard anything yet, as I do expect it to happen, especially after the dismal failure of the Trilogy. That said, it's not like it has to be released on the exact day of the anniversary. When the Manics re-released Generation Terrorists for the 20th anniversary it came out in November 2012, whereas the original came out in February 1992. So there's plenty time for announcements if it is going to happen.

I'm also surprised we haven't heard anything yet, as I do expect it to happen, especially after the dismal failure of the Trilogy. That said, it's not like it has to be released on the exact day of the anniversary. When the Manics re-released Generation Terrorists for the 20th anniversary it came out in November 2012, whereas the original came out in February 1992. So there's plenty time for announcements if it is going to happen.

And we all know how well they did with Cuatro's release date

I'd love a re-release of Jaded in Chicago too

When was Jaded In Chicago ever been released???

As far as Dookie I think it will

Re releases dont always have to be released on the same day or month of its original date

I.e. Eric Clapton released the 20th anniversary of Unplugged 2 months after the original album release date

Maybe they'll line things up with the A.I. stuff...

When was Jaded In Chicago ever been released???

As far as Dookie I think it will

Re releases dont always have to be released on the same day or month of its original date

I.e. Eric Clapton released the 20th anniversary of Unplugged 2 months after the original album release date

Well, rather a real physical release is what I meant

Maybe they'll line things up with the A.I. stuff...

Well, rather a real physical release is what I meant

Ahh I was about to say I need to find this!

I used to have a copy I made from mtv but lost all my videos

A nice dvd with woodstock show in hd version with bonus.

Or maybe dvd with some rare footage, rare clips, live clips, interviews, backstage during the dookie era, would be pretty sweet also ...

It's a remastered version of Dookie along with their performance of it at Reading. Also, a documentary will be released with old footage about the making of the album.

It's a remastered version of Dookie along with their performance of it at Reading. Also, a documentary will be released with old footage about the making of the album.

You're talking out your ass :P

The documentary they're making is about the forming of the band and their early lookout years, everything BEFORE Dookie, and will not be about Dookie at all

what ever happened to the dookie doc?

There never was a Dookie doc

There is a PRE Dookie doc being made but it focuses on the beginning to the end of the Kerplunk era

You're talking out your ass :P

The documentary they're making is about the forming of the band and their early lookout years, everything BEFORE Dookie, and will not be about Dookie at all

Tman where are my files??

Tman where are my files??

On their way

There is a PRE Dookie doc being made but it focuses on the beginning to the end of the Kerplunk era

It focuses on 1989-1993, not 1992-1993 :mellow:

GDC needs an emoticon for talking to WhiteTim. There's never a perfect emoticon for you :P

On their way

GDC needs an emoticon for talking to WhiteTim. There's never a perfect emoticon for you :P

ah thanks

On their way

Beginning from the start of the group sorry if I wasnt fucking clear to you...

A nice dvd with woodstock show in hd version with bonus.

Or maybe dvd with some rare footage, rare clips, live clips, interviews, backstage during the dookie era, would be pretty sweet also ...

Woodstock would be the ultimate live DVD release to go with a 20th anniversary edition of Dookie

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing something for this, whatever form it will take :happy: Dookie is an incredible album.

I'd love a re-release of Jaded in Chicago too

Agreed this would be amazing. I actually feel they should re-tour Dookie and other early hits along with a re-release, the album is legendary...

I would like a CD/DVD with some Dookie performances from last year very much. Or a Dookie acoustic album :wub: *dreams*

what about augenbrauen.gif

:lol:

Agreed this would be amazing. I actually feel they should re-tour Dookie and other early hits along with a re-release, the album is legendary...

Implying they no longer play Longview, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, She, and When I Come Around? And other early hits? They still play 2000 Light Years Away all the time, and Christie Road, Paper Lanterns, and Only of You are always played at least 3 times each every tour

I would like a CD/DVD with some Dookie performances from last year very much. Or a Dookie acoustic album :wub: *dreams*

what about augenbrauen.gif

:lol:

Holy shit! That's perfect! :lol:

This.

Or a Dookie acoustic album :wub: *dreams*

We're getting that from Daniel Shatterhand (the Dookiefied guy) at some point this year :)

Archived