Old Style Green Day Guitar Tone

xLumian

Hey guys,

I found a really nice old style Green Day guitar tone that I would share with y'all

Here are some of my guitar covers that I uploaded to YouTube with the original guitar track taken out

Basket Case

Brain Stew (the ending is complete chaos and is pretty sick)

You're going to need an audio interface and garageband. You're going to record your guitar directly into GarageBand and then you use the orange style head and cab and I used these settings.ScreenShot2014-01-01at41650PM_zpsd3af6aa

That's a pretty good emulation given that you're not using any of the same gear as Billie did on the original recordings. Good work!

I'll try those settings through Amplitude in Pro Tools with my Strat and see what happens :P

Yeah! Currently, I don't really care about acheiving the Green Day sound, I'm not trying to be Green Day. But that's a sick ending for Brain Stew!

Yeah! Currently, I don't really care about acheiving the Green Day sound, I'm not trying to be Green Day.

Good job you're not the one doing it, then :P

Hey guys,

I found a really nice old style Green Day guitar tone that I would share with y'all

Here are some of my guitar covers that I uploaded to YouTube with the original guitar track taken out

Basket Case

Brain Stew (the ending is complete chaos and is pretty sick)

You're going to need an audio interface and garageband. You're going to record your guitar directly into GarageBand and then you use the orange style head and cab and I used these settings.ScreenShot2014-01-01at41650PM_zpsd3af6aa

It appears I have the updated garageband, oh what fun for me.

That is great. Im literally about to use that right now to do a few Green Day tunes. Garage Band guitar rigs are actually the most helpful fun thing

Archived