Welcome to Green Day Community
Welcome Green Day fans! Right now you're viewing our site as a guest, which means you don't see or have access to many topics and conversations limited to our registered members. Sign up now to join the largest community of Green Day fans online! After-all, it's free!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Old Style Green Day Guitar Tone

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I found a really nice old style Green Day guitar tone that I would share with y'all

Here are some of my guitar covers that I uploaded to YouTube with the original guitar track taken out

Basket Case

Brain Stew (the ending is complete chaos and is pretty sick)

You're going to need an audio interface and garageband. You're going to record your guitar directly into GarageBand and then you use the orange style head and cab and I used these settings.ScreenShot2014-01-01at41650PM_zpsd3af6aa

Edited by xLumian
1 person likes this

Posted

That's a pretty good emulation given that you're not using any of the same gear as Billie did on the original recordings. Good work!

I'll try those settings through Amplitude in Pro Tools with my Strat and see what happens :P

3 people like this

Posted

i really liked the ending of brain stew!!

Posted

Yeah! Currently, I don't really care about acheiving the Green Day sound, I'm not trying to be Green Day. But that's a sick ending for Brain Stew!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah! Currently, I don't really care about acheiving the Green Day sound, I'm not trying to be Green Day.

Good job you're not the one doing it, then :P

Posted

Nice stuff !

Posted

Hey guys,

I found a really nice old style Green Day guitar tone that I would share with y'all

Here are some of my guitar covers that I uploaded to YouTube with the original guitar track taken out

Basket Case

Brain Stew (the ending is complete chaos and is pretty sick)

You're going to need an audio interface and garageband. You're going to record your guitar directly into GarageBand and then you use the orange style head and cab and I used these settings.ScreenShot2014-01-01at41650PM_zpsd3af6aa

It appears I have the updated garageband, oh what fun for me.

Posted

The ending of Brain Stew is very good, as others have said.

Posted

If you have brand new strings, in Guitar Rig you can make a damn good trilogy tone.

Posted

That is great. Im literally about to use that right now to do a few Green Day tunes. Garage Band guitar rigs are actually the most helpful fun thing