Songs you wish were (or could have been) written by Green Day

Heather.

Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground

I know what you mean but no. That's not even close to a rip off.

And even if it were, there's a Chicago fan out there right now saying the same thing about 25 or 6 to 4 and a Zeppelin fan noticing it in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a concept album, and what pop-punk bands DON'T talk about personal relationships? I do agree that it's very close though, the title track is pretty much American Idiot 2. I still love the album though.

I read somewhere that it's meant to be. I never really looked into it myself. *shrug*

As for the personal relationships thing, obviously on its own that's very common, but using them as allegory for political commentary is relatively uncommon.

I know what you mean but no. That's not even close to a rip off.

And even if it were, there's a Chicago fan out there right now saying the same thing about 25 or 6 to 4 and a Zeppelin fan noticing it in Babe I'm Gonna Leave You.

Yeah, I was pushing my luck there, it's a bit tenuous :P

Pinehead Gunpowder's entire discography.

I can agree with this. Frustrators has some good stuff too, and it would have been even better if Mike sang some of it. And of course I can't forget The Lookouts, Green Day has a really old cover of Big Green Monsters going around that's great!

Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet. This seriously should be on Stop Drop and Roll

1000 Answers by The Hives

My two best non-Green Day songs were written from somebody, else, not from me :D

borat_great_success.jpg

Some songs of Social Distortion like Cold Feelings, Highway 101 and Reach For The Sky could have been written by Green Day.

Why don't you guys just tell Green Day to cover these songs you guys are naming?

Same reason you don't tell Green Day about your ideas for them.

• 2 weeks later...

http://ww

This, so much! I'm still waiting for them to write a song like this.

Holy shit, Jason Freese does his glissandos so dumb. Is he self taught?

Cancer by my chemical romance. It reminds me of the 21st century breakdown era. Also I love the lyrics

Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. Because then Green Day could've gotten an invite to the Grammy's

Archived