came across this today on diffuser pretty cool

nopride84

The fuck? Basket Case and What's My Age Again don't sound the same at all.

Are you listening to the guitar? It isn't notable at all, but I see what they mean.

That list is ancient, plus they missed at least 5.

This. When Cracked included them on their article they included some more convincing ones than these.

The one with the kinks and warning is pretty nice though :P

It's obviously intentional, though.

I like the song in the Ovaltine commercial a lot. Does anyone know what band that is? I don't think Ovaltine made it :lol:

When will people realise that certain note progressions and chord progressions don't actually belong to people?

When will people realise that certain note progressions and chord progressions don't actually belong to people?

Tell that to the guys who wrote Brutal Love, Carpe Diem, and Loss Of Control :thumbsup:

Tell that to the guys who wrote Brutal Love, Carpe Diem, and Loss Of Control :thumbsup:

Someone should have told Joe Satriani before he sued Coldplay, too.

Someone should have told Joe Satriani before he sued Coldplay, too.

The difference in these cases is that Green Day actually acknowledged that they took the melody lines/riffs straight from the other songs.

The difference in these cases is that Green Day actually acknowledged that they took the melody lines/riffs straight from the other songs.

Coldplay were sued over a 3 note run in a song that didn't sound like If I Could Fly in any other way, I'd argue that's worse :P

Coldplay were sued over a 3 note run in a song that didn't sound like If I Could Fly in any other way, I'd argue that's worse :P

A 3 note run? Holy shit. Is that guy crazy?

A 3 note run? Holy shit. Is that guy crazy?

Oh yeah, he's insane, but he's also awesome.

Here are the songs that were compared, if you're interested:

Oh yeah, he's insane, but he's also awesome.

Here are the songs that were compared, if you're

Oh god, I fucking HATE that coldplay song. Sue their asses off for that ear-bleeding tune

Oh god, I fucking HATE that coldplay song. Sue their asses off for that ear-bleeding tune

If you look at the video preview even Chris Martin doesn't want to hear it.

Archived