¡Tré! is one year (and 5 days) old

Alan86

The fact that the one year anniversary of this album went completely unnoticed on a Green Day Forum says a lot. The album did not sell well even though it has perhaps the best collection of songs of the 3 albums in the trilogy. Some of my personal favourites are Brutal Love, Walk Away and 99 revolutions. What are other peoples favourites?

Here is a great live performance of 99 Revolutions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAI0OyGjITM

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe it's only been a year, to be honest. There's been so much bitching about the Trilogy on here (most of it justified) that it feels a lot older. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: Tre is by far the best of the three, and Dos should be banished from existence. The fact Tre sold so badly is criminal, but it's also understandable - who'd want to buy the third album of a trilogy where the first two suck?

who'd want to buy the third album of a trilogy where the first two suck?

Thats a really good point. I think lots of people would have preferred just one album full of the good songs rather than what we got. Then again everyone has different opinions about what the best/worst songs are exactly

Here is a great live performance of 99 Revolutions

As so often or almost always: to me they are live better than on CD. They are a live band and even 99 Revolutions turns into a catchy song. I want a new live-album!

Thats a really good point. I think lots of people would have preferred just one album full of the good songs rather than what we got. Then again everyone has different opinions about what the best/worst songs are exactly

Yeah, true. In hindsight I think it would have been a great idea if they'd done the same thing the Kaiser Chiefs did recently - you pay a certain amount for a set number of songs, and then build your own album out of all the tracks that were recorded for it. One album would definitely have been more successful than three, for obvious reasons.

Contrary to the amount of slurpage Tre gets on here, I happen to think it's the worst. If that's the direction they're going in, then they lost me.

If that's the direction they're going in, then they lost me.

Never mind, they´ll find others... ;)

Never mind, they´ll find others... ;)

That'll be cool if it happens. Just throwing my feelings in about the album.

Contrary to the amount of slurpage Tre gets on here, I happen to think it's the worst. If that's the direction they're going in, then they lost me.

What don't you like about it? The big hitters such as Brutal Love and X-Kid are pretty similar to stuff they've been doing since Warning.

That'll be cool if it happens. Just throwing my feelings in about the album.

You´re welcome! :)

Hipster detected!

Hipster detected!

So explain to me what exactly (reasonably) disliking an album has to do with being a "hipster"

who'd want to buy the third album of a trilogy where the first two suck?

Thats a really good point.

Third time's the charm? :lol:

Good record, but for me ¡UNO! and ¡DOS! are better.

No. This statement is just no.

I have only listened to this album once since it came out. I really don't like it.

Walk Away is a good song, though. I also like Missing You.

Dirty Rotten Bastards.

Amaze.

Wow.

Such not play

Much disappoint

Live

meh. That song's honestly not that good. And what makes these songs bad (or good sometimes, but not in this case) is they lack the personal touch or feeling. Jesus of Suburbia, as said countless times, is about Billie coming out of Rodeo and shit. Dirty Rotten Bastards sounds like it was written by a drunk pirate. It doesn't sound serious enough to be taken seriously for the lyrics.

Uno is by far the best in my opinion, because songs like Stay the Night, Carpe Diem, Fell for You, Loss of Control, Sweet 16, Rusty James... they all come from real experiences. They are pieces of Billie's life.

Yeah, true. In hindsight I think it would have been a great idea if they'd done the same thing the Kaiser Chiefs did recently - you pay a certain amount for a set number of songs, and then build your own album out of all the tracks that were recorded for it. One album would definitely have been more successful than three, for obvious reasons.

That would work great for CDs, vinyl, singles, and promotion, wouldn't it?

"Hey, buy our new song from our album that doesn't have a name cause it's not really an album, and this song may not be on your album that's not really an album, and fuck everyone that appreciates organization in music, and fuck everyone that has a hard time choosing things. And fuck the record companies too, and fuck ourselves too because this is a horrible idea and we won't make any money"

I'll go bake a cake for the record right now...

That actually would've been really cool. The trilogy would be a hell of alot better if they did that...

That would work great for CDs, vinyl, singles, and promotion, wouldn't it?

"Hey, buy our new song from our album that doesn't have a name cause it's not really an album, and this song may not be on your album that's not really an album, and fuck everyone that appreciates organization in music, and fuck everyone that has a hard time choosing things. And fuck the record companies too, and fuck ourselves too because this is a horrible idea and we won't make any money"

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Amazingly, the idea wasn't aimed at physical copies, although the Kaiser Chiefs did release their preferred track listing as a physical CD, under a different name. And it made the top 10 in the UK, which is better than the trilogy did. It went further than that, too - buyers could design their own artwork and upload that, along with their preferred track listing, back to the iTunes store, and every time someone downloaded it, the uploader would receive £1 of the profit. It was a brilliant idea if you ask me. It's not like the promotion for the trilogy was anywhere near successful, is it? It also wouldn't remotely affect single choices.

Yes, let's all gather round and feel sorry for people that have a hard time choosing things :lol:

And it would have a name. The Kaisers' album was called The Future Is Medieval, if you're interested. And it made a decent amount of money. So there.

my favourite of the trilogy, still nowhere near the likes of Dookie or American Idiot for me. Just a normal record. Like Insomniac or something.

Archived