2013 Recap Zine - We need you guys to send in stuff

Fuzz

We're starting work on a 2013 recap zine which we hope to have out early next year, recapping the year in Green Day and GDC. We would love to have you guys contribute something for the issue.

Here's what we're looking for from you guys:

Tour Memories
Send in a paragraph highlighting some special memory you had this year while going out to see Green Day. Whether it was something about the show (maybe it was your first, maybe they played a song that meant something special to you) or about meeting other fans at the show, or whatever. Just some special memory you have about going to see Green Day live.

Meet-Up Photos
Some of you made plans months in advance to meet up with other GDC'ers, and we'd love to feature some photos of you guys hanging out. Send in a photo and include the names (usernames if possible) of everyone in the photos.

Green Day Fan Artwork
Did you draw Green Day related artwork, or maybe made some kind of digital image (funny, creative, whatever), then send it in. We'll have a section just to share some artwork with other fans. Of course your name will be published alongside the work.

Favorite Green Day Memory
This one isn't specific to 2013. We'd like for fans to send in their favorite memory related to Green Day the entire time you've been a fan. Maybe it was meeting a best friend because of a shared interest in the band, maybe you turned to their music at a certain time, maybe you listened to Dookie the first time you had sex. Just think through the experiences you've had as a fan and share your favorite memory with us.

Email anything you wish to contribute to gdazine@gmail.com

The deadline for all of this will be January 5th 10th. if you're interested in sending in multiple submissions, feel free to send them in at different times.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool. This is gonna be like the 'zine GDA put out in 2011 or whatever year it was?

Cool. This is gonna be like the 'zine GDA put out in 2011 or whatever year it was?

Sort of. Same idea, but it will be a little more DIY, black and white, and will have a limited printing. But we'll also make it available as a digital ebook through Amazon or something for a cheaper price. Printing is expensive, and printing in color like we did last time is much harder to do.

Sweet! I definitely want to submit something for tour memories since this year was the first time I ever saw Green Day :D Great idea!

EDIT: can't send an e-mail to gdavisitors@gmail.com

Interesting.... Humm, I have been receiving to that email for others

Interesting.... Humm, I have been receiving to that email for others

i sent a Jason Collage, and a green day in general edit. hopefully it goes through for you.

If you sent an email and it did not go through make sure you sent it to "gdavisitors@gmail.com" not "gdavistiors@gmail.com"

Blame Andres' typing

Aw, I'd buy it if there were quotes.

Would you buy an old piece of toilet paper with a quote on it? $7562

omg amanda and I are so going to write our story :runaround:

Lauren, we have photos.

Lina, Allison, we do too!:

:ninja:

Would you buy an old piece of toilet paper with a quote on it? $7562

If it was a rootbeersoup quote, yes.

Can i send in a write up about my time spent in GDC? How everyone made me feel welcome and what a great experience it has been?

If anyone sends me a legit story of how they first had sex listening to Dookie, I will make sure to include it.

If anyone sends me a legit story of how they first had sex listening to Dookie, I will make sure to include it.

I did. I won't be submitting the story.

I have a few low-res meet up pictures I'd be happy to send in.

Do you want any tour pictures btw?

Archived