Billie Joe posts acoustic clips of "Missing You" and "Scattered" on Instagram

Fuzz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are yall d/ling videos from instagram?

I got some videos posted from my old phone would love to get back

Aw this is really sweet. Sure it's not a masterpiece but it's not meant to be, it's just a short clip he decided to share with fans. It's nice that if they're interested fans can have an insight into what he's up to.

Missing You, acoustic, live, would be perfection. I'm glad he chose this song, it's definitely one of my favourites off the trilogy and it seems that he really likes it too :wub:

Just come home and saw this...wow....it made my day..I love it...so calm and sweet and full of passion..I love his voice...It's a simple video but it really touched my heart :cry: I love him so much.

I'd give anything if he could finish the song :wub: Missing You is one of my favorite songs off of the trilogy and I love it so much.

I feel like you have trouble posting in any topic recently without needing to take some kind of subtle or not so subtle jab at Green Day or any of the new stuff.

I really don't think stating that this song doesn't particularly work as an acoustic is something that's a "jab." Aren't we allowed to have opinions against things Green Day/Billie does? Or at least be slightly critical?

I'm glad to see him doing something, don't get me wrong, but I agree with Ceadog — this isn't anything spectacular, and plenty of other songs would have worked much better as an acoustic... I really liked the Rusty James acoustic, for example. But doing an acoustic of something like St. Jimmy, for example, might come out a bit awkward.

It's ok. Nothing special.

Agreed.

It wasn't a jab at anything. Acoustic albums are almost always aimed towards slower songs with a fuller sound. Missing You is a straight up 3 minute slice of pop punk that works best played loud and fast. It even has a drum solo. If in acoustic album were to be done, it's probably be songs like BOBD that would make the cut.

And Missing You is one of the few songs I actually like from Trilogy, so yeah :P

Same! I think Missing You is a great song as is (probably one of the strongest from the Trilogy), and I'm not a big fan of this! I realize he's not playing it for any sort of critique or future acoustic album or anything — just to have fun — but it's a valid opinion! :)

Same! I think Missing You is a great song as is (probably one of the strongest from the Trilogy), and I'm not a big fan of this! I realize he's not playing it for any sort of critique or future acoustic album or anything — just to have fun — but it's a valid opinion! :)

That's my problem. It's annoying that people will still go out of their way to critique something meant to just be a little fun. Like, people can't just enjoy or ignore something, they have to make sure others know they're not a fan.

That's my problem. It's annoying that people will still go out of their way to critique something meant to just be a little fun. Like, people can't just enjoy or ignore something, they have to make sure others know they're not a fan.

Isn't that the point of discussing things on a forum though? The forum would be a little boring if everything was "oh, well that's nice."

Amen, bro. Billie tosses something out to the fans just simply because he wants to, for the hell of it, or for no reason at all, and people go clucking around criticizing it like he just put out an album or something. His guitar tuning? His strum pattern? His vocals? On a fucking INSTAGRAM video?? Jesus...

Please forgive me for how this is going to sound, but I'm no longer surprised that there are people around BJ who try to insulate him from this, and I can also understand where at least some of his inspiration for Lazy Bones must have come from.

It's nothing special? It feels pretty special to me, first I love that he recorded it and shared it with us, something this simple, I love the sound of his voice like this, we don't normally get to hear him singing this quietly and beautifully , not live, not in album versions. That's to me the magic of this little clip. He's not trying to show you his skills at acoustic guitar or anything, he's just recording himself singing this (amazing) song to share with us, just because.

why did i not know this existed omg

There's a full show of something like 15 songs. Loads of rare shit on it. It's in the Downloads section somewhere.

I enjoyed watching the little video clips of Billie playing and singing , It was really sweet that he shared it with us.

The volume of his singing/playing gives me the impression that he recorded this at some ridiculous hour of the morning and was trying to to wake up the house. :lol:

Still though, I love it, and it's such a nice treat. :happy:

It feels pretty special to me, first I love that he recorded it and shared it with us, something this simple, I love the sound of his voice like this, we don't normally get to hear him singing this quietly and beautifully , not live, not in album versions. That's to me the magic of this little clip. He's not trying to show you his skills at acoustic guitar or anything, he's just recording himself singing this (amazing) song to share with us, just because.

Amen! I feel the same.

Omg :wub: :wub: :wub: I wasn't expecting him singing, for some reason :lol: But I love it-- I love everything with his voice :happy: It makes me so happy he shared that, although it melted me completely ♥

And now I want more :runaround:

Archived