Jesus of Suburbia question

What's in a name

I'm planning a tattoo with lyrics from Jesus of Suburbia. My problem is that I'm not 100% sure of the accuracy of the lyrics. The AI lyrics booklet has "But there's nothing wrong with me This is how I'm supposed to be In the land of make believe that don't believe in me."

But when Billie sings it, I've noticed he sings "And there's nothing wrong with me" and " In A land of make believe". Surely it all comes down to personal preference, but I'm just kind of confused. I kind of prefer the way it's written for "But there's nothing wrong with me" but I also like "in A land of make believe" as opposed to "The land of make believe". Anybody else see me predicament?

I've just given the isolated vocal track a listen and it's 100% "And there's nothing wrong with me, this is how I'm supposed to be, in a land of make believe, they don't believe in me."

He probably just inadvertently changed it slightly in the studio (hence the difference between 'but' and 'and') and it just happened to be the best take.

Surely it makes more sense to get what's actually in the song rather than in the lyric book? Since his performance of it is the song, not a scribbling of the lyrics. That said, obviously it's up to you, do what you prefer since both are equally valid!

I always thought it was "THEY don't believe in me" rather than "THAT don't believe in me".

Billie Joe's shocking grammar strikes again.

you should get a tattoo of a green day ticket stub like that one moron.

because pinning it on your wall is to mainstream.

you should get a tattoo of a green day ticket stub like that one moron.

because pinning it on your wall is to mainstream.

Should get a new one done before every show. Then they could scan your body instead of your ticket.

Which, when you think about it, would be kinda cool. For about 5 seconds.

I have a "This is how I'm supposed to be" tattoo...I've always loved that line!

Get a little bit drunk (not too drunk to function), put the song on, sing along and record yourself singing. Listen back to it when you're sober and go with what ever phrase you sing. I find that wine is the best alcohol to sing with :D

There are a ton of errors in the Green Day booklets.

If i remember correctly the Warning booklet has for Macys Day Parade

"well along it was me and you" when he clearly sings "a lesson learned for me and you"

There are a ton of errors in the Green Day booklets.

If i remember correctly the Warning booklet has for Macys Day Parade

"well along it was me and you" when he clearly sings "a lesson learned for me and you"

Sometimes they use the lyrics as the lyrics sheet says and sometimes artists dont always follow the lyrics 100%

Sometimes they use the lyrics as the lyrics sheet says and sometimes artists dont always follow the lyrics 100%

that realisation. :woot:

Billie just makes it up as he goes along :wub:

So that's how the trilogy was written. :lol:

Billie never ends up singing what's in the lyrics booklet 100% in the studio. He always changes a few words 'cause he can't get it perfect every time, y'know? If I were you I'd get what he actually sings in the recording, but it's really up to you and what you think sounds best.

Archived