Green Day to take a break after Australian dates

Iain

Break out your handkerchiefs, folks. Green Day are going for a long break.

http://www.contactmusic.com/story/green-day-to-take-hiatus_3975577

Of course this is just one source, but I think it's true, and frankly, I see this as a good thing.

/I crei everyteim, god bless

Edit: Here's the interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01mf0hn

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"When we get ready to do Green Day again, our batteries will be charged."

AKA, the Trilogy is NOT the last batch of albums ever, which means we'll probably see information about new music within 2 years!

Surprisingly, I'm not that sad. I kinda think it's a good thing and I didn't expect anything to happen soon anyway. I had the best time ever at the last concert in Denmark and I don't have any problem with waiting for years to the next one.

I just hope it won't be too long...

Just to be clear, a hiatus does not mean the band has ended.

IN B4 'OMG THEY'RE SPLITTING UP AND THEY HATE EACH OTHER', because if you actually believe this you're incredibly high strung to actually read this kind of stuff.

"When we get ready to do Green Day again, our batteries will be charged."AKA, the Trilogy is NOT the last batch of albums ever, which means we'll probably see information about new music within 2 years!

This exactly

I think this is an OK decision. I know it is not something that we will "approve" or "enjoy" but if the guys feel it is necessary.... I prefer a Green Day with their batteries full of charge than a mediocre or uninspired one. Therefore, we got 3 albums recently, and maybe something more related to Dookie's 20th anniversary next year.

For now, let's wait for an official confirmation from the band.

This isn't anything new...they take time off between every album! They might not be long, but they are breaks. Plus, Billie Joe was hardly going to reveal any major plans in an interview for a project unrelated to Green Day.

Well, after iHeart and all the craziness behind that, it's painfully obvious that they need to slow down a bit. Billie and Mike have both said that Green Day had been practically non-stop since American Idiot was released, and Billie's addiction issues were evidence of that. It'll be good for the guys to just relax and not feel pressured by doing "ANOTHER Green Day album" or "ANOTHER Green Day tour" or "ANOTHER Green Day ______." And who knows? Maybe we'll get more cool spontaneous stuff in the same vein as Foreverly, like maybe Mike will join an unlikely supergroup or Tré will do something unexpected and wacky. Hiatus isn't always a bad thing, and it isn't always forever.

This is being so blown out of proportion already. It's just a quick comment Billie made in a short interview, not an official announcement of a break-up.

How the fuck is this a hiatus? A break and a hiatus are two different things. They took a break after every album they released. Big Deal!

Wait so does this mean they aren't going to tour on the trilogy anymore? (Not counting the possible Aussie tour)

I think that's a good decision to be honest. I feel like the trilogy came out too quickly after 21st Century Breakdown. Besides, if their doing other things they might get bored some day and make another Foxboro Hot Tubs album :happy:

Wait so does this mean they aren't going to tour on the trilogy anymore? (Not counting the possible Aussie tour)

The toured for the trilogy?

i like the idea of a break, Billie can relax. Mike can spend time with Britt and Brixton and Ryan. Tre with Sara. Jason with his son, and working with the Big Cats. So they are not all tense...

I knew they were breaking up the second I found out that they played a show without Tre.

Only kidding :P I'm excited to see what comes out of this break.

Um yeah he didn't say hiatus at all, and hiatus and break are two different things. God I hate how people make mountains out of molehills.

Feel the need to stress that this happens to some degree between every album.

This is not new.

There is no hiatus.

They just don't have anything going on.

It happens a lot.

Archived