Green Day to take a break after Australian dates

Iain

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it's amazing how even international news sites are blowing this out of proportion. This wasn't a press release or anything, just one casual sentence in an interview.

hmm I don't remember. Maybe it was the demo? I remember it was the very first thing they leaked. That little chord on repeat :lol:

I think the two chord thing was an official teaser wasn't it? I can't remember now.

Anyone remember Green Day's original studio videos?

and

Until then, watch some full concert footage on You Tube - I am currently watching full 2 hour set from Reading 2013. Patience is a virtue. :runaround::dance: They looked like The Clash at reading. great. They are loads of full concerts and gigs on you tube to satifiy your need for a concert. The BBC only showed 1 hour of their set and now I can actually watch it on you tube and they played Dookie in Full again. :runaround:. Until they get recharged to do Green Day again have a Green Day marathon eveing and watch some documentarys and concert DVDs etc etc. It save queuing in either the blazing sunshine or cold for hours and anyway they are doing other things and arent they doing a movie version of AI of which Billie Joe is rumoured to be starring in??? :D The best seat it your sofa. Like the Bullet In A Bible DVD used to watch it repeatedly and repeatedly. And get the International Superhits DVD too and watch it too, it has all the hits on it athough its after the lookout era and before AI.

One girl I follow on twitter: "Oh my god!1 I'm crying so much!!! Why! Why! I'M CRYING PLEASE"
Me: scroll, scroll Green Day take a break ok scroll scroll

Excessive emotion much... :cry:

well.... now that i think about it Billie Joe will leave and form a band with lady cobra and Norah and call it Billie Cobra and The Jones

well.... now that i think about it Billie Joe will leave and form a band with lady cobra and Norah and call it Billie Cobra and The Jones

And Tre will form a band with Jedward.

how many times can the same thing be said

how many times can the same thing be said

Yes.

But I didn't see GDC members really going nuts with the break, me... these 8 pages are really head aching.

I really don't see what can be discussed about it.

And Tre will form a band with Jedward.

and Mike will join up with Dave Grohl because lets be honest Dave needs a side projec

Lol at people not understand the difference between a break and a hiatus. They need some time away from GD. The Trilogy era seemed sloppy in general. Understandable considering the rehab chapter, but regardless. I'd rather see the guys set aside GD for a while and focus on themselves or other projects, rather than go into the studio and make something of rubbish quality.

I like "The Jones" part. That sounds legit

The point I was trying to convey was he has been to Australia 2 times to green days 1. So for someone that doesn't "tour" he has been here more than GD who are considered a touring band.

Green Day played Australia 96, 98, 05, 09, and now 14. That's a lot more than once.

Everyone's telling people to calm down, but is anyone actually freaking out?

Calm down, Todd.

I just needed a reason to call you by your name, now that I know it :lol:

Green Day played Australia 96, 98, 05, 09, and now 14. That's a lot more than once.

yes because GREEN DAY IS SPLITTING!! :mad::mad: DIDNT YOU SEE THE INSTAGRAM UNFRIENDING?! :cry::(

yes because GREEN DAY IS SPLITTING!! :mad::mad: DIDNT YOU SEE THE INSTAGRAM UNFRIENDING?! :cry::(

Wow. A band broke up. That certainly doesn't happen every day. Let's all throw fits and cry, maybe they'll get back together if we do that enough

Wow. A band broke up. That certainly doesn't happen every day. Let's all throw fits and cry, maybe they'll get back together if we do that enough

It isn't just any band that didn't break up, though. It's Green Day.

It isn't just any band that didn't break up, though. It's Green Day.

Wow. Green Day broke up after 25 years and 11 studio albums #toosoon #theyweresoyoung #somuchaheadofthem

Wow. Green Day broke up after 25 years and 11 studio albums #toosoon #theyweresoyoung #somuchaheadofthem

I hope they end on a higher note than the Trilogy lol

I hope they end on a higher note than the Trilogy lol

There's nothing wrong with liking the trilogy- don't be a mainstream trilogy hater.

There's nothing wrong with liking the trilogy- don't be a mainstream trilogy hater.

I like the Trilogy lol. I just meant that I want their last album to be really successful.

Beethoven dissolves. Back in my day, you don't just "take a break". First off, you dont earn enough money to, and second off, whichever nobleman you are working for wouldn't allow it.

But really. Didn't they say in Quatro that bands dont come back as well after breaks?

Might be debating semantics here but the period that they were playing every other night was about 3 months, definitely not 5 months.

And as a point of reference I'd consider "relentless touring" to be playing something close to 200 shows a year like they did in their early days.

200 shows in a year would actually be about the same amount of work they did on this tour. Billies time in rehab is the reason why they didn't play 200 shows this tour. The American Idiot WT and the 21CB tour both had close to 200 shows. It's not only in their early days that they played that much.

I don't even know what the point is in this thread, really. I've come to the conclusion that this thread should be renamed "common sense", the external articles should be removed, and the thread should be locked and hidden in the archives of GDC for people to come across 200 years from now on what a thread SHOULDN'T be. A break after a world tour. I'm going to make a thread about Christmas break. That should thoroughly surprise everyone.

The term "break" is being misinterpreted here (and everywhere else online), as I imagined it would be. The guys do this between every album. They have lives outside of Green Day, so let's let them live them before Green Day becomes their focus again.

If you need to read more, please see this post on GDA: http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/4631/

Beethoven dissolves. Back in my day, you don't just "take a break". First off, you dont earn enough money to, and second off, whichever nobleman you are working for wouldn't allow it.

But really. Didn't they say in Quatro that bands dont come back as well after breaks?

The five years between American Idiot and 21CB prove that statement wrong. They meant a literal hiatus. As in the band basically breaks up for a long period of time and comes back a few years later. This is Green Day not playing shows for a year or so, and probably not recording anything new as Green Day for a couple years. That's not a hiatus compared to what other groups do, its a, hey, lets be 4 normal guys with 2 sidekicks for a year instead of the biggest band in the world.

Archived