Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

I am broke. :(

I checked, it will cost me like 1000 bucks to rent it. I can watch 10 movies with that money :P

I'm pretty sure there are torrents of it online already.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure there are torrents of it online already.

Yeah, I got it from someone here. :)

I watched it on a long car ride after I bought it on vimeo. I recorded it and stuck it on a tablet. I wasn't dissapointed and I feel the comments about the over use of live footage is a bit of an over exaggeration. It had pretty much what I was expecting and wanting, which is unreleased Green Day stuff. I never knew what American Idiot was like in the studio besides a little bit of it from Fuse. I also feel that after watching the documetary, it gave me a little more affection for the album and the work that was put into it. I would have liked more in-studio footage and such but I'm fine with getting this over nothing.

The one issue I have with this movie is how long and filler-like the Jesus of Suburbia scene was. I was hoping for more actual work on the song possibly. NOT some "artsy" scene of a bunch of people in a 1970s film dancing oddly with the entire already released Jesus of Suburbia in the background with little 3 second snippets of Billie strumming on guitar. When it showed them playing during that scene, all I wanted was to hear the actual audio of them playing then and there. 

Also plz release some sort of american idiot demo CD plz i relly want it becuz theres like nothing out there of it plz

If this was released during the AI period, most people would have realistic expectations. It's unfortunate that is was overhyped and took nearly a decade to make and release.

I actually didn't mention my favourite aspect of this documentary is that it highlights Billie's sense of humour which we don't see too often. I particularly loved the scene where he bitched about the "gremlins" on a certain message board :lol::D 

I also loved the scene when Mike is recording his bass part for Whatsername and Billie is crying/wiping tears away. That nearly made me tear up :cry:

The documentary is awful but it has its moments. There are some good stuff and some good insight about certain songs but other than that, its bad. 

The 70's song with Jesus of Suburbia was useless. It wasn't even matching the rhythm of the song. I cringed so hard during the whole thing.

The hot tub scene was omg :lol:

The beginning of the email I got from greenday.com to advertise the film is so bad :lol: 

"Stroll down that boulevard of broken dreams, be awoken post-September, and stream all the American idiocy your ears can handle..."

The beginning of the email I got from greenday.com to advertise the film is so bad :lol: 

"Stroll down that boulevard of broken dreams, be awoken post-September, and stream all the American idiocy your ears can handle..."

What idiot could write this :D  

I actually didn't mention my favourite aspect of this documentary is that it highlights Billie's sense of humour which we don't see too often. I particularly loved the scene where he bitched about the "gremlins" on a certain message board :lol::D 

I also loved the scene when Mike is recording his bass part for Whatsername and Billie is crying/wiping tears away. That nearly made me tear up :cry:

Those are the scenes I like best also. 

I physically cringed.

Genuinely sounds like GDA Matt wrote it.

"Stream all the American idiocy your ears can handle" 

Sounds about right :lol: Just about everything that came out of Tre's mouth fit under that category :D, Billie giving "moderate drinking advice" with a little help from Tre "If you're hungover drink more" :lol:, the farting scene :sick: and the suggestion that Billie should get an honorary degree because he travelled a lot :lol: Yeah by the end of the movie I don't think my ears could handle much more American idiocy :lol:

that Billie should get an honorary degree because he travelled a lot :lol: 

I had actually blocked that concept from my brain.  Thanks alot.:lol:

I had actually blocked that concept from my brain.  Thanks alot.:lol:

You see...this is why I don't hate this documentary...it gave me some serious laughs :lol:

Aww I found out my brother's cinema definitely can't show this. They actually wanted to but for some reason it was ONLY available to be shown on one date in November, a Wednesday, which wouldn't work as more obscure films need to be shown on busier days of the week to ensure enough people buy tickets. So now I'll just watch it at home.

I physically cringed.

Did everyone get the email yesterday - as I laughed because greenday.com only just sent the email - like it was going to be big news to me - or is it because I live in OZ & we get everything late.

Did everyone get the email yesterday - as I laughed because greenday.com only just sent the email - like it was going to be big news to me - or is it because I live in OZ & we get everything late.

I'm not sure. I don't get those emails, so the first time I read it was on here.

Any news on the list of European cinemas that will show the movie on November 11? There's only 2 weeks left, I searched everywhere and didn't find anything

Any news on the list of European cinemas that will show the movie on November 11? There's only 2 weeks left, I searched everywhere and didn't find anything

Maybe they are secret show-ings :lol:

Archived