Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

John said that some time ago. I belive him cause he is the friggin' director of this. The sample of this is too amazing just for 20 minutes.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to know if Billie actually posed naked as Jesus on the cross, or if John photoshopped it in his own sexual fantasy. I've given up actually caring about this film's release.

If there is something official then ill believe it, John has pretty much said its coming out every year for the last 10 years

I fucking remember this; I was looking forward to a legit release, but didn't get released, because it was either one of two things:

• Warner and Green Day's management were going to release it, but then decided to leave it until 2014 for a 10th anniversary American Idiot release.
  • John just decided to bring our hopes up and pull our leg.
Note: citation needed, but I think it may have been the former, but you all decide.

Again, will deliver.

Yeah I think it's just that John was trying desperately to get it released, and hyped it up too much/got our hopes up both to try and help get it released and because he got a bit ahead of himself. Wasn't really cool of him to say it's definitely coming out and stuff when it wasn't definite but basically I think he just tried to get it out and didn't get the result he wanted.

I remember him saying he thought it would be lame to have it out as a 10th anniversary thing but I suppose that's not in his hands! Looks like this is his best shot. I hope it comes out and I hope it isn't edited too much......but as always not getting my hopes up too much for anything until if and when it's actually out.

Sure, why not complete the Trilogy: Documentary Edition?

Given that the 10-year anniversary of AI is next year, I actually don't have a hard time believing this. Not necessarily getting my hopes up, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Without being completely optimistic cause I'm not that kind of person, I think 2014 will be a pretty good year for the GD world. Not necessarily ''huge'', but... I hope they will do some stuff.

Here we go again...

I won't get too excited for it yet. But it would make sense if it was released next year, for a special edition of AI or something.

Again..

:rolleyes:

I'll forget about this and hopefully be surprised next year if we'll really hear about a release date.

I'll be always getting my hopes reaaally up for this (even when it can't be a lie, I'll still hate that) because it's about American Idiot. And if they don't wanna show it, it's probably because it's hell great. Have you seen the 20' aired on fuse? One of my favorite videos ever :wub:

I actually think it will happend.

d349fd55d390e484920fa8ad4f44e292.png

outside like :dry: ''i dont think so'' mind like :ermm: ''i hope so'', heart like :runaround: ''oh God yes''

• 3 weeks later...

OMG I actually saw this film

Not that great, there were no explosions or anything in it :dry:

I will probably forget about it again until it comes out.... as it's nearly a whole year away!

My first thought was "they released the trilogy one first." Then I realised that makes sense, because before AI actually hit, Green Day weren't much of a sell for their record company. And then obviously the company would try and get it released when it would bulster sales, so a ten year anniversary ed with documentary makes sense.

EDIT: Just been watching Roecker's film... Interesting to see what songs were near complete... But it is an utterly DREADFULLY done film! And I'm kinda glad it won't be included in HLAHG.... But also makes me feel a bit weary for the documentary itself

Just been watching Roecker's film... Interesting to see what songs were near complete... But it is an utterly DREADFULLY done film! And I'm kinda glad it won't be included in HLAHG.... But also makes me feel a bit weary for the documentary itself

My thoughts exactly, but I'll be patient and wait.

I'm looking forward to it, because I read 2 reviews about the whole thing when it came out (I read it on GDA I think) and the reviewer describes it more as a documentary, than an experimental flick. People got a lot of information out of it.

So, if this short film was left out, I'm assuming the good stuff was left in the movie and there are just SOME sequences like the short film, but not the whole thing :)

When this eventually gets released, whether it be next year or not, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy it. My only concern is that with this much build up and anticipation over the years, will it live up to the hype so to speak? Either way I think it'll be really interesting to get more of an insight into the making of the album and maybe even some extra details on some of the songs.

When this eventually gets released, whether it be next year or not, I can't wait to sit down and enjoy it. My only concern is that with this much build up and anticipation over the years, will it live up to the hype so to speak? Either way I think it'll be really interesting to get more of an insight into the making of the album and maybe even some extra details on some of the songs.

Based on what we've seen and what those who have seen the full thing have said, this thing has very little artistic 'production' or film qualities. It's going to run like a string of surveillance videos. I love seeing Green Day like that, recording and rehearsing unfiltered with little commentary. I'm sure we will all appreciate that.

At the same time, this is so old at this point that it's like "Yeah, I've heard that before." Like whatever soundbites they say are going to be pretty boring. "I believe in this album, I think it will do well." Mmhmm whatever just show me Billie Joe on the acoustic figuring out WMUWSE.

• 2 months later...

Archived