Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

Even when I finally get to see this film I'll still assume I'm a part of an elaborate hoax to steal my identity.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=1537102013235708&id=100008077721885

Interview with John.

Ps. John mentioned that this was being released in April months ago...I guess nobody posted it on here. Can't recall if it was on twitter or on FB but I know it was before September (I handn't headed to Australia with internet access one day in every four hundred years!!) Anyway I believe him...but I like him anyway so maybe I'm biased lol.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/story.php?story_fbid=1537102013235708&id=100008077721885

Interview with John.

Ps. John mentioned that this was being released in April months ago...I guess nobody posted it on here. Can't recall if it was on twitter or on FB but I know it was before September (I handn't headed to Australia with internet access one day in every four hundred years!!) Anyway I believe him...but I like him anyway so maybe I'm biased lol.

Just saw that on FB, pretty cool.

And I believe him too haha, I think he's only ever told us what he believes to be the truth about what's happening, he was just wrong sometimes due to unforeseen circumstances that were out of his control/what he expected to happen falling through. I guess it's always possible another unexpected delay could happen but I trust his updates and that he wants it out more than anyone!

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-01 Yeah just so people don't think it's fake, John confirmed it pretty officially yesterday on Facebook(sorry for the "french" screencap)

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202015-01 Yeah just so people don't think it's fake, John confirmed it pretty officially yesterday on Facebook(sorry for the "french" screencap)

Your picture isn't showing up for me, and I can't be bothered to do one :P, but yes he posted a picture from when he was filming it and mentioned in the comments:

Yes it is coming out for real in April. Deal is done....

Sounds good!

I'm also not going to count my chickens until there's official word from the band's camp, but it is a positive sign! I don't think he'd say this just as an April Fool's joke, he's on friendly terms with his facebook friends going back years with some of them and knows how much everyone wants it out, and desperately wants it out himself. I think if he's saying it's coming out then it's because he believes it is (always have to remember there's a chance he's wrong since the decision isn't in his hands though).

Didn't he at one time say it was coming out April 1? That definitely makes me doubt it.

I said that, haha

I said that, haha

I knew someone did point that out, all credit to you, it was a good pick up.

I knew someone did point that out, all credit to you, it was a good pick up.

I feel the message didn't get really through: I said it's April 1st, as a joke. It's not the release date. There is no release date yet^^

Okay, now I can relax

• 1 month later...

Is it me or by now, we should have at least seen something pop-out like a pre-order page on amazon, or anything. John hasn't talked about it on his facebook, no one from Green Day has ever mentionned it, what the hell is going on? Has anyone seen anything?

I have the feeling that it's never coming.

John should put it on thepiratebay himself.

But why is he teasing like that? I mean , he could have just said : "Sorry guys, it seems my movie won't ever come out" . Instead, he stays(and I can understand he does) quiet about it and "unclear" about the movie coming out/release date.

But why is he teasing like that? I mean , he could have just said : "Sorry guys, it seems my movie won't ever come out" . Instead, he stays(and I can understand he does) quiet about it and "unclear" about the movie coming out/release date.

Releasing it is not in his power he only relies what he hears

Because he's doing everything in his power to get it released and thinks it's going to be as far as he knows. With all the work he put into it he wants it out more than anyone, it's just that it isn't his decision and he can never be sure if what he's been told is happening with it will change. I do think he should be more clear about the fact that it's out of his hands and might not go the way he thinks it's going to but we know that anyway so it wouldn't really make much difference. Just got to wait and see really.

When it's out I hope all the people who simply dismiss John and had the "Ha, that's never coming out!" attitude never get to see it because they are assholes who haven't quite managed to grasp the difference between uploading a video to youtube and releasing a movie.

When it's out I hope all the people who simply dismiss John and had the "Ha, that's never coming out!" attitude never get to see it because they are assholes who haven't quite managed to grasp the difference between uploading a video to youtube and releasing a movie.

Not really though. Because there have been numerous of proven times that he was talking out of his arsehole - lots of times he promised this and that having not even gotten the go ahead from the band or management. It's not a case of not understanding how a movie release works, it's the fact he's made promises time and time again when he probably should have kept quiet and waited it out.

Not really though. Because there have been numerous of proven times that he was talking out of his arsehole - lots of times he promised this and that having not even gotten the go ahead from the band or management. It's not a case of not understanding how a movie release works, it's the fact he's made promises time and time again when he probably should have kept quiet and waited it out.

What evidence do you have that he "talked out of his arsehole" and didn't have permission from the management and band? John is friends with Billie Joe and they obviously consented to the film being made and screened in the first place. John has also been involved with other projects with Billie in the past including Live Freaky Die Freaky which is being released on record store day next month. Also he directed The Network's Disease Is Punishment. Dealing with record labels and production companys is a different thing however and as I recall he said he was having problems in the past with the label. He did say this was coming out in April this year. He has said it several times on twitter and facebook (both his personal and the dedicated "Heart Like a Hand grenade" page).I don't understand what more people want. When it does come out the doubters (I should say people who never even bothered reading his posts but dismissed him) don't deserve the chance to see it because they are dicks frankly!!

Ps. It is worth noting John has a life and career that goes far and beyond directing one behind the scenes documentary 11 years ago. Regardless of how much we may want to see it I'm positive he could give two fucks about playing games with a bunch of over-excited Green Day fans for shits and giggles.

To me it seems more like in the past he's been told it's coming out, believed that and so told fans, but then he's been told things have changed and it isn't and been just as disappointed as us. Like I said I do think he should make it more clear that things could change even if he's been told it's coming out for sure since it's out of his hands, to avoid fans being disappointed. But I think he's always been honest about what he thinks/has been told is happening.

Really?

All I know is, if it comes out it comes out. But yeah, it's been like, what years now?

All I know is, if it comes out it comes out. But yeah, it's been like, what years now?

It was first shown in 2008...so...haha

Archived