Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

John posted this on his facebook earlier along with a picture of the film poster:

It's coming down fast...Teaser coming soon. Thanks to Dylan Melody for scoring Green Day's film Heart Like A Hand Grenade: The Making of American Idiot and Scott Gawlik and Dean Gonzalez for editing my film. Stay tuned for details on the release. Teaser coming soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152956570340439&set=a.10151172837540439.503797.739030438&type=1&theater

Sounds good!

Wow will it finally happen? Can someone make a screenshot? I get an inaccessible error when I click that link.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John posted this on his facebook earlier along with a picture of the film poster:

It's coming down fast...Teaser coming soon. Thanks to Dylan Melody for scoring Green Day's film Heart Like A Hand Grenade: The Making of American Idiot and Scott Gawlik and Dean Gonzalez for editing my film. Stay tuned for details on the release. Teaser coming soon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152956570340439&set=a.10151172837540439.503797.739030438&type=1&theater

Sounds good!

Link doesn't work...

Seems he deleted the original post and made a new one, with only "It's coming down fast.." info...

https://www.facebook.com/723698924324936/photos/a.723705757657586.1073741829.723698924324936/941231909238302/?type=1

The other post is still there, it's just on his own facebook rather than the Heart Like A Hand Grenade page where he made this post. I now realize you have to be logged in to facebook and friends with him to see the one I posted but yeah, same poster and almost the same info here.

Never been a fan of the poster, their faces are weird so I was hoping he'd use a new one :P. But big fan of the post!

To be fair he's never set a date, people on his page have been saying they can't wait for it in 2015 etc and I assume that's when it's planned to be out at this point. I remember a long time ago he said he thought it'd be shitty and lame to release it for the anniversary so maybe that's one plus for him with it taking this long :lol:

• 1 month later...

John just posted on Facebook that this is being released in April this year.. Seems like it's definitely happening this time!!

Lol is he writing "faggot" on a sign?

Yeah, in the film there's a part where they play American Idiot and Billie is holding those signs with lyrics/words from the song.

Yeah, in the film there's a part where they play American Idiot and Billie is holding those signs with lyrics/words from the song.

hm, weird. It'll be interesting to see.

Wait, this was the documentary that was showed on Fuse years ago, right? I vividly remember watching it as a little middle schooler. I loved it! :) Can't believe it has taken so long to get released....

Excellent!

Wait, this was the documentary that was showed on Fuse years ago, right? I vividly remember watching it as a little middle schooler. I loved it! :) Can't believe it has taken so long to get released....

That Fuse documentary was made of parts of this one, or parts of what John Roecker filmed when Green Day were making AI anyway. This documentary is also made up of what he filmed when they were making AI but it's different, it's longer and more of a proper film.

John just posted on Facebook that this is being released in April this year.. Seems like it's definitely happening this time!!

He must've been holding off for the Hall of Fame induction.

He's cried wolf way to many times now to have any credibility. Until it's out, I will not believe anything he says, and even then I'll probably ignore him

This will crop up in 2024 as well as every year in between and after. I won't believe it till there's a official release date.

Archived