Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's he mean by "an American Idiot overture"?

"Overture (French ouverture, lit. "opening"; German Ouvertüre, Vorspiel, i.e., "prelude", lit. "play before") in music is the term originally applied to the instrumental introduction to an opera."

So it will probably be American Idiot in that style.

I still don't believe it will come out this year

I honestly don't either. I think I'm at the point where I feel like if I don't get my hopes up, I don't have to worry about being disappointed again.

John Roecker --

"I am happy to announce that Heart Like A Hand Grenade: The Making of American Idiot is finished. Sound mix done and now off to Warner Brothers. I want to thank Scott Gawlik and Dylan Melody for their amazing talent and making this film incredible. Also thank you Chris Dugan for creating an American Idiot overture the one I wanted 11 years ago!"

Good good! Now for them to release it...

I just hope that the movie comes with actual sound of the practices and not studio overdubs

Oh wait, how many announcements like this we got through the years? In other words: I don't believe John, sorry.

John officially announced he was done working on it(sound mix) , it's now in WB's hands.

John officially announced he was done working on it(sound mix) , it's now in WB's hands.

I saw that earlier, hopefully it'll get released soon. Sounds really cool :D

• 4 weeks later...

Wake me up when it's out then...

I don't believe anything he says.

Not sure if this link will work but John has posted on Facebook that deal is done with Warners and documentary should be released in September....

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153438580325439&id=739030438&set=a.10151172837540439.503797.739030438&source=48

How do you post screenshots on here??

put them somewhere else and share links.

Wake me up when it's out then...

I don't believe anything he says.

put them somewhere else and share links.

Thanks for that- not sure it's worth the effort to be honest!

I totally get everyone's scepticism about this, but it sounds much more definite this time- we'll see....

Thanks for that- not sure it's worth the effort to be honest!

I totally get everyone's scepticism about this, but it sounds much more definite this time- we'll see....

Fair enough, this time I'm a bit less sceptical than before. If he's not lying there's a chance that warner will do something about it. That's more than his promises. I won't believe it until warner confirms the movie in in progress.

I've said it before but I'm pretty sure he's not in the business of lying about it, it's just that when it's coming out isn't in his hands so he doesn't always know for sure and sometimes things he's been told will happen end up falling through/being changed. As always since it is out of his hands that could happen again, this sounds like positive news to me!

I'm still totally willing to believe this will happen. I recently saw a screening of a documentary about Manic Street Preachers that had been in the works since 1999, with a new announcement that it'll be out "soon" every year since about 2004. A few of my friends were even in it, and we'd all given up on it ever happening, then suddenly the producers raised enough money to release it. So yeah, it might be horribly frustrating, but I'm still positive and see no reason to give up on it happening yet.

Deal with Warners is Done! Praise Satan! See you in September. Heart Like A Hand Grenade: The Making of American Idiot teaser coming soon. I want to thank my brothers Dylan Melody, Dean Gonzalez , Scott Gawlik for making my film how I envisioned it. Eleven years but it has been worth it...you will not be disappointed. This film is the shit.

Wait- which September? 'cause I thought it was going to be last year for 10 years of American Idiot.

I don't want to believe him or not, I just want to see the damn movie!!! :pinch:

I've said it before but I'm pretty sure he's not in the business of lying about it, it's just that when it's coming out isn't in his hands so he doesn't always know for sure and sometimes things he's been told will happen end up falling through/being changed. As always since it is out of his hands that could happen again, this sounds like positive news to me!

I don't believe he's in the lying business, but at this point he's probably in the over-hyping business :lol: As amazing is this sounds (and based on accounts by those GDCers who've seen it), John's pompous "I MADE THE GREATEST PIECE OF ART EVER" attitude about his film is getting annoying. If it was so great someone should have distributed it by now :lol: That being said I'm sure I'll love it as a fan and look forward to whenever it may see the light of day.

I don't believe he's in the lying business, but at this point he's probably in the over-hyping business :lol: As amazing is this sounds (and based on accounts by those GDCers who've seen it), John's pompous "I MADE THE GREATEST PIECE OF ART EVER" attitude about his film is getting annoying. If it was so great someone should have distributed it by now :lol: That being said I'm sure I'll love it as a fan and look forward to whenever it may see the light of day.

Yeah being in the over-hyping business I agree with :lol:. I guess part of that is just wanting to keep people interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived