Heart Like A Hand Grenade

burnout409

Ok I may be jumping the gun on this one ....... but John Roecker just made this https://www.facebook.com/pages/Heart-Like-A-Hand-Grenade-The-Making-of-American-Idiot/723698924324936 Facebook group for the movie 'Heart Like A Hand Grenade' ........ He also posted a couple of Facebook statuses that were pretty confident that this really will be released this time.

Again I may be jumping the gun and I'm sure some people will be a little sceptical until something more official is said, but yeah I though I'd make a thread anyways because I have very high hopes, Mainly because American Idiot will as we all know turn 10 in 2014 and I wouldn't be surprised if there was something released to celebrate, and well I think HLAHG is a good guess.

I hope I'm not jumping the gun on this one and I hope this counts as news worthy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting. i had high hopes in the beginning with all the cool imagery.. but it's a bit weird.

I remember hearing after the cinema screening all those years ago that there was no intention of releasing it until at least 2014, and it seemed like an absolute lifetime away, now it's here and might actually happen. :o I wish I cared as much as I would've at the time :pinch:

Calling it right now: if this gets released next year for real, I will sit on my couch and lay an egg. Will deliver.

Calling it right now: if this gets released next year for real, I will sit on my couch and lay an egg. Will deliver.

I want a video when you do this.

It completely makes sense that they'll release in for the 10 year anniversary but keep in mind John has been pulling our leg. One year he spent about 6 months constantly posting status' and screen shots and even a few videos, nothing came of that.

It completely makes sense that they'll release in for the 10 year anniversary but keep in mind John has been pulling our leg. One year he spent about 6 months constantly posting status' and screen shots and even a few videos, nothing came of that.

I fucking remember this; I was looking forward to a legit release, but didn't get released, because it was either one of two things:

1. Warner and Green Day's management were going to release it, but then decided to leave it until 2014 for a 10th anniversary American Idiot release.
  2. John just decided to bring our hopes up and pull our leg.

Note: citation needed, but I think it may have been the former, but you all decide.

I want a video when you do this.

Again, will deliver.

After that short film he made I have the feeling this will be a very poor quality documentary which may be why it's been 10 years and we haven't seen the documentary yet.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times and I don't even give a shit about American Idiot anymore. Fuck it.

Archived